[FanFic Series] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: New FanFic! Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:46 am

Hello everyone!

I just want to say I'm sorry for not posting a chapter last week. I have a lot going on IRL at the moment, but those issues have been fixed, so I'm back with the new chapter! It's got a lot of WAFF in it, and it's a bit long, but I do hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Here for your reading pleasure:
Also for your preview pleasure, here are the names of the next two chapters for this first half of Episode V
    Chapter 5 – There is No Sphere; Leliel Mystifies
    Chapter 6 – You Can (Not) Handle the Truth
And seeing as it's karaoke night, this seems appropriate.Image

The links and status of my saga are below:
Origins Arc - Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; Complete, 12 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; In-Process, 4 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VI: Return of Reality; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Resurgence Arc - Under Construction...
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VII: Awakenings
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VIII: Echoes of the Past
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IX: Daybreak
Supplemental Stories - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - One Shots; In-Process, 3 of ?? Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - One Shots: A Very Evangelion Xmas; In-Process, 2 of ?? Chapters
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Normally I give a spoiler but I'm not gonna give a spoiler on this one because I think people should just read as its superb.
:marihearts:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Hello everyone!

So, I've been working on a few things for quite a while. Simply put, I have an Excel spreadsheet filled with data from my fics. Basically, I have a graph tracking the sync scores from the end of each chapter, and also a slightly more or less complicated chart detailing all the enemy encounters in my fic, so that I have a quick reference to jog my memory while I write. Anyway, long story short, I like being organized, and thought you might all like to see them as well.

Just to note, the graph is a little small in the pic, but it's a lot larger on imgur, so if you have trouble reading it, just open it up. Although the colors should be self explanatory (who could the red and pink lines be???) Also, the sync scores go through Chapter 6, so not really much of a spoiler, as it's all pretty status quo

Sync Score Graph

Sortie and Kills Tracker

Anywho, hope you enjoy the charts, and I will have a short preview of the upcoming chapter probably on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Origins Arc - Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; Complete, 12 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; In-Process, 4 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VI: Return of Reality; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - One Shots: A Very Evangelion Xmas; In-Process, 2 of ?? Chapters
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:35 am

Really enjoyed that latest chapter, nice to see a chapter to building up the relationships and letting them have a bit of fun. Especially after the more recent drama that has occurred and the drama that is to come soon.

I love the little graphs and tables you've added here too. I always like seeing little additional in universe stuff like this. Always makes it more interesting to follow :)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:51 am

Hello all!

So, I've been holding onto this list for quite a while, and now seems like the time to release it. It involves how the sync rates effect the Evangelions and their pilots while synced. Basically, the higher the sync score, the more control and power you have. As we notice in the show, they imply the sync scores are extremely importaint for control of the EVA (as noted in Episode 6 specifically about why Shinji is the one shooting the big gun), so here's how they effect tings in my story. This also pairs nicely with the above sync score tracker.

Sync Rates
    > 0<%≤15: Evangelion cannot activate
    > 15<%≤40: Evangelion basic movement and abilities, deployment of a weak A.T. Field now possible
    > 40<%≤65: Enhanced sync and nerve feedback, improved motor control, average A.T. Field strength
    > 65<%≤90: Advanced sync and nerve feedback, improved fine motor control, strong A.T. Field
    > 90<%≤100: Full sync and nerve feedback, body fully imitates injuries to Evangelion, extremely powerful and visible A.T. Field
    > 100<%≤120: Basic awakened abilities, rudimentary A.T. Field manipulation, increased strength, agility, speed and endurance
    > 120<%≤150: Awakened abilities, enhanced A.T. Field manipulation, physical enhancements still present, impact capable
    > 150<%≤200: Enhanced awakened abilities, advanced A.T. Field manipulation, physical enhancements still present, impact capable
    > 200<%≤250: Complete awakened abilities, full A.T. Field manipulation, physical enhancements still present, impact capable
    > 250<%≤400: Angelic Abilities become prominent, weakened ego borders, soul begins to merge with Evangelion, impact capable
    > 400+: God like powers, dissipation of ego borders, impact capable

I hope you all enjoyed the headcannon, and be on the lookout for an excerpt sometime tomorrow!

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:49 am

Very interesting, I like how you have the defined ranges for it up to 100% and beyond and also where you clearly define then the damage starts to mirror itself onto the pilot from the Evangelion itself. It's really cool to see the filling in of ranges between 100% and 400% too, quite scary to see which is Impact Capable, lets hope it doesn't come to that!

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:55 am

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Well, seeing as I've gotten a good portion of this chapter done, I figured I'd give you all a nice, spoiler free excerpt of this Saturday's upcoming chapter.

Excerpt of Episode V, Chapter 5  SPOILER: Show
Excerpt from Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back – Chapter 5 – There is No Sphere; Leliel Mystifies
–––
The gang had just finished another set of sync tests for Ritsuko. Asuka and Mari were waiting outside the men's locker room for Shinji. Rei had left to go have more tests done by Ritsuko in her lab, leaving the two girls alone to wait.

"Come on, already, baka!" "Women get cleaned up faster than you do!"

"Come on now, princess, you know it takes you forever to get ready in the morning, leave him alone." Mari said.

"Maybe if he'd hurry up, he could cook us dinner or something." Asuka said. "I'm hungry and tired, which don't go well together, and we're not exactly allowed to cook are we?"

"Yeah, I know that already, princess, you don't have to remind me." Mari quipped. "And after last time, I never want to cook again…"

"Hey, baka, get the lead out, you're taking too damn long!" Asuka shouted through the door. "You know, usually he says something back… do you think he's alright?"

"I don't know… maybe we should go and check on him." Mari suggested.

"What if he's naked?" Asuka asked.

"Thinking about his toned little butt, aren't you?" Mari asked.

"No I'm not!" Asuka protested.

"Sure… then why bring it up." Mari said. "Then I'll go in alone. I've already seen him naked, so it won't matter. You're virgin eyes should just stay out here."

"The hell you're going in alone!" Asuka shouted angrily. "I'm coming too!"

"I bet you are cumming." Mari purred.

"Yeah I… oh, not like that you fucking pervert, I meant it with an "o" not a "u" you idiot!" Asuka shouted.

"Yeah, I'm sure you did." Mari said. "Come, let's go see if he's ok."

The two girls went inside the locker room and heard retching from the stalls. They ran over to see Shinji bent over a toilet with his plugsuit half off, puking up jello like chunks of what looked like LCL.

"Shinji!" Asuka shouted. "Are you ok?"

"No…" Shinji said weakly. "I think I swallowed some LCL… it's not agreeing with me…"

"Oh shit…" Mari said. "It looks gross too…"

"Have you even showered?" Asuka asked.

"No, I've been crouched here hoping it would end eventually but…" Shinji started, but was overcome with another wave of nausea and expelled more LCL and bile into the toilet.

"Oh how are we going to get him home?" Mari asked.

"Simple, Misato drives us." Asuka said.

"But I can't…" Mari said.

"What, why can't you go in the car?" Asuka asked.

"I just can't, princess." Mari said. "We'll have to find another way."

"What are you stupid or something to be afraid of cars?" Asuka asked.

"Asuka, don't say that…" Shinji said weakly.

"Why not, it's stupid to be afraid of cars…" Asuka said, until she noticed the tears welling up in Mari's eyes. "Oh… ficken mein leben…"

"Mari… don't cry… please…" Shinji said as he tried to get up to hug her, but instead had to vomit again. Shinji got back up from the toilet and spoke slowly. "Just explain… why… she'll understand…"

Mari wiped her eyes and looked at Asuka angrily. "You know how I keep saying I'm way smarter than you?" Mari asked.

"Yeah…" Asuka said "But why is that…"

"Because I have a photographic memory." Mari said. "And the reason I hate cars is… my parents…" Mari shuddered. "They… died in a horrific car crash, and I was with them… I remember everything that happened that night… on my eighth birthday. I survived and they both died because… of a truck… all the blood… everything…" Mari stammered.

Asuka looked horrified and decided only one thing would help: a hug. She felt awkward hugging the stammering girl, but did her best anyway. "I'm sorry, Mari… I didn't know… I shouldn't have called you stupid…"

"Damn right…" Mari said. "But thanks for being so understanding…"

"Well, some things can't be made fun of." Asuka said solemnly. "So I guess we'll have to find another way to get Shinji home." Asuka said as Shinji threw up again. "Way to ruin the moment, baka."

"Sorry, but I don't think walking is a good idea, unless someone can carry me." Shinji said.

"Not happening." Asuka said. "You're too heavy."

"Then we need Misato to drive us, once I get this all out of my system." Shinji said.

"But, puppy, I can't…" Mari said.

"Remember what you told me about facing my fears, Mari?" Shinji asked. "That day we met, I took that Ferris wheel ride with you, and I hate heights. Can you do this for me, please, Mari?"

"But… I'm…" Mari said.

"You rode in the car with me to deal with Jet Alone too…" Shinji said. "You won't be alone, I'll be there, and Asuka will there too… you can squeeze my hand as tight as you want… it won't feel any worse than I do now."

"But…" Mari protested.

"Mari, please." Asuka said. "He's literally on his knees and begging you." Asuka stopped hugging her. "It's for your best friend, Mari." Asuka said. "Wouldn't you do anything to help him?"

"Yeah, I would…" Mari said and as she knelt there for a minute, she looked at Shinji's pale face, and Asuka's glare and relented. "Fine… but I'm not going to like it, considering the way Misato drives…"

"Thank you, Mari…" Shinji said.

"Good, now we just need to find Misato…" Asuka said.

"Why the hell are you two in here?!" Misato shouted as she stormed in. "I thought I told you all to stay in the appropriate locker rooms! NERV is not for wonton sex between co–workers or teenagers!"

"Hey, relax will ya?" Asuka said. "Shinji was taking too long, and we got worried. We found him puking up LCL, he swallowed a lot of it apparently."

"So, you're just being nice…" Misato asked.

Mari wiped her face. "Yeah, and you're one to talk, considering you and Kaji are fucking on the regular, you hypocrite."

"How did you know that?!" Misato shouted.

"Well, all that late night noise tends to wake those of us up who are light sleepers." Mari said. "And you're not exactly quiet you know."

"What…" Misato mumbled.

Mari imitated Misato's voice. "Oh, Kaji… harder, faster… I missed having you inside me… fuck me like when we were in college!"

Misato's face turned the same color as Asuka's hair.

"Oh… my… God…" Asuka muttered. "I did not need to hear that…"

"I want to throw up again…" Shinji said.

"What's wrong with consenting adults?" Misato asked. "You're teenagers, it's different!"

"Well, when you're telling us not to hook up, you're not exactly setting a good example." Mari explained.

"We're not hooking up, we're dating!" Misato shouted.

"Oh…" Mari said.

"About time." Asuka said.

"Excuse me?" Misato asked.

"Come on, he's loved you forever." Asuka said. "He told me so. I'm just glad you're together again."

"Yeah, so am I…" Shinji said. "Kaji's a nice person, you're lucky to have him."

"You really think so?" Misato asked.

"I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true." Shinji said.

"Well, enough about Misato and how much of a dirty girl she is, we need to get you home." Mari said. "Misato, can you… um… drive us?"

"Yeah, but are you sure?" Misato asked. "I know how you are with cars and everything."

"I'll be fine, it's for Shinji…" Mari said nervously.

"Yeah, just drive like a normal person at the speed limit Misato." Asuka said.

"But first we have to get Shinji changed somehow." Mari said.

"I can do that myself…" Shinji said as he stumbled when he got up off the ground. "I think so anyway."

"Are you sure you don't want any help?" Misato asked.

"Yeah, just give me a few minutes and I'll get dressed." Shinji said.

"We'll wait outside then, Shinji." Asuka said.

"Just yell if you need anything." Mari said.

"I'll go get the car, just bring him to the parking garage at the end of this level, I'll be waiting for you." Misato said.
–––

Hope you enjoyed it ^_^

And as always for your preview pleasure, here are the names of the next two chapters for this first half of Episode V
    Chapter 5 – There is No Sphere; Leliel Mystifies

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:14 am

Poor Shinji I never thought about that with LCL and forgot about him mentioning that when he first swallowed it in episode 1 he was like I'm gonna puke.

SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:31 am

Good morning all!

Another Saturday, another chapter of the story. And with this chapter, I have passed 500,000 words! I'm impressed with myself, as I didn't think I could ever write that much!

Also for your preview pleasure, here are the names of the next two chapters for this first half of Episode V
Alright, so if you've read the chapter, or are interested in something interesting, read the spoiler below. If you don't want it spoiled, wait until after you've read the chapter to view what's below.
SCIENCE!!!  SPOILER: Show
Ok, so the gravity well was a fun addition to Leliel's powers, as I always flt it didn't have enough of an impact. Sure it was a big hole in the ground, but beyond that, it just sat there, So I made a change that would set up the chapter to be quite different from the episode. The diagram and explanation are below.
So... obviously this is Leliel and its shadow (you all know which is which). Now, the red circle represents the extent of the gravity well, while the blue circle represents the extent of its gravitational pull. As explained in the chapter, the gravity well extends m-10m from the ground and outward from the Sea of Dirac just over twice its diameter. The pull of this field (which is set at 50x Earth's gravity) extends several hundred meter beyond that. So basically, one you've crossed the blue line, you're in trouble, ad once you've passed the red line, you're trapped, which our cast of characters finds out the hard way in the chapter.

(Drawn in MS Paint by DarkBluePhoenix)

Oh, and this is the chapter in a nutshell (kinda...)

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; In-Process, 5 of 12 Chapters

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:27 am

Hello again!

I know, two posts in one day, what a life I lead!

Anyway, this is to inform everyone that I have posted a new chapter list heading in the beginning of this thread (the original post), while preserving my original post in a spoiler. That way, if you feel like reading a specific chapter over again, or are just curious at how everything looks, feel free to take a look, and I hope everyone is enjoying today's update!

The post regarding the full

The links and status of my saga are below: Table of Contents
Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; In-Process, 5 of 12 Chapters

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Happy Thursday everyone!

So, with a new chapter out Saturday, I figure its time to post an excerpt. Also, I noticed when I came online that the views to this thread were over 9,000 which in 6 months' time isn't that bad. So I'm quite happy so many people have looked, and here's a gif to show my appreciation! A very obvious one I might add.
OVER 9000  SPOILER: Show

So thank you everyone for looking and enjoying ^_^ NOw, enough mindless babble from me, here's the excerpt
Excerpt of Episode V, Chapter 6  SPOILER: Show
Excerpt from Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back – Chapter 6 – You Can (Not) Handle the Truth
June 21, 2016 – Tokyo–3 Junior High School, Class 2–A

Shinji, Mari, Asuka, and Rei had stayed behind to clean the classroom. Mari and Asuka had been assigned by Hikari to clean the classroom, but seeing as they all had sync tests after school, Shinji had decided to stay behind, and rather than going to NERV alone, Rei decided to help her friends clean as well, and hopefully finish faster and get to NERV to avoid being late.

“So, who’s in charge of our sync tests today?” Mari asked as she swept the floor.

“Well, I think it’ll still be Maya in charge of them.” Shinji said as he cleaned the windows. “I don’t think Dr. Akagi has been let back to work yet. I know she hasn’t come to apologize to me yet. What about you guys?”

“Well, then you’re the only one.” Asuka said as she cleaned each of the desks. “She came to me and Mari last week. And I know she bothered Maya at home, she told us that a few days ago.”

“She visited my apartment three days ago.” Rei said as she wiped down the chalk board with a rag. “She seemed annoyed with having to apologize for her actions.”

“Well, she’s not a nice person is she?” Mari asked.

“No, she’s not very kind at all.” Shinji said.

“It’s like she’s avoiding you, Shinji.” Asuka said.

“Well, maybe she’s ashamed of what she did.” Mari said.

“Or something else is bothering that fucking bitch.” Asuka muttered.

“Asuka, what did I tell you?” Shinji said.

Asuka sighed deeply “You said not to call her names…”

“Right, she may not be nice, but we shouldn’t sink to her level, Asuka.” Shinji said. “Don’t smirk either Mari, this goes for you too.”

“Sure puppy, I can try…” Mari said as she continued to smirk.

“Mari… don’t try, just do it.” Shinji said sternly.

“Wow, look at you, mister forceful.” Mari joked. “Maybe you should be leading us in battle, Commander.”

“Yeah, and how would that work?” Shinji said sarcastically as he sprayed the last window to clean it. “I doubt Asuka would follow my orders, and none of us should really be in charge, we should always work together… as equals.”

“Well, he’s not wrong.” Asuka said. “I wouldn’t listen to him… and we should be equals out there through. We all know now what could happen if we don’t back each other up.”

“You mean you could catch an Angel in your hands and wait for the rest of us to get our sweet asses there?” Mari asked.

“Being absorbed into another dimension by an Angel with no foreseeable way to escape?” Rei asked.

“Or is it having an Angel sever your cables to the surface, and then start to fall deeper into a volcano?” Shinji asked.

“Yes.” Asuka said. “We don’t exactly have the luxury of working independently with the Angels… we might regret it.”

“Asuka, just relax, we’ll be fine, now that Shinji has that selfless hero thing out of his system.” Mari said. “Right, puppy?”

“I already you guys a bunch, I won’t scare you like that again…” Shinji muttered.

“Well, I hope you don’t mind if we still don’t believe you.” Asuka said.

“Yeah, whatever…” Shinji said as he walked over to grab a rag and help Rei with the chalkboard.

“Hey!” Asuka shouted. “Don’t whatever me, baka! This is serious!”

“Asuka, will you relax, I said I wouldn’t do it again.” Shinji said. “If one of us gets trapped, then we’ll just have to figure out a way to save them without anyone sacrificing themselves again, ok?”

“Yeah, fine…” Asuka said.

As Shinji was wetting down the rag, Rei was at the bucket and doing the same, and as she was ringing it out, Shinji thought it looked familiar. Rei twisted the rag back and forth three times to make sure it was rung out.

‘That’s just how my mother used to do that…’ Shinji thought. “You ring that out like my mother did…” Shinji said without thinking.

“What?” Rei asked.

Shinji blushed. “I said you ring that out like a mother.” Shinji corrected himself.

Rei herself blushed. “Oh, well thank you, Shinji…”

Mari had overheard Shinji’s original statement, and gave him a piercing stare. ‘Puppy’s right, she does ring that out like Yui did… ’ Mari thought. ‘Adding that to all of the other similarities make me wonder who Rei really is… and why does it matter if I love her… I love Yui too, and the similarities are starting to add up into something I can’t explain…’ Mari coughed. “I’m sure Rei will make a wonderful mother someday.”

Rei turned ever redder. “Oh, thank you…”

“Jeez, baka, you made wundergirl blush.” Asuka quipped as she rolled her eyes. “You should try complimenting every girl you know like that.”

“I’m sure you’ll be a great mother someday too, Asuka.” Shinji said politely.

Asuka turned her head away from Shinji in a huff. “Well I don’t believe you now, because I had to prompt you, baka.”

“Awww, princess, are you butt hurt?” Mari asked.

“No, I’m not butt hurt, four eyes.” Asuka said. “It would just be nice to be complimented sometimes, that’s all.”

“Well, you have a cute ass, princess.” Mari said.

“What, do you look or something?!” Asuka asked.

“Well, we all change together, princess, it’s hard not to notice.” Mari said.

Asuka grumbled. ‘Just take the compliment, Asuka…’ Asuka thought.

“Hey, Asuka…” Shinji said. “I think you have pretty eyes…”

Asuka stared at him. “Really?”

“Yeah, they’re like the color of sapphires…” Shinji said as he blushed. “They sparkle like them too…”

Asuka blushed too. “Thanks, Shinji… no one’s ever said that.”

“You’re welcome Asuka.” Shinji replied sheepishly.

“Mari, I believe you have been left out of all these compliments.” Rei said.

“Yeah, but I don’t mind.” Mari said. “I know I’m awesome.”

“Well, you should be aware that you also have a very symmetrical face.” Rei said.

“I’m flattered, blueberry.” Mari said as she herself blushed a bit. “But why does that matter exactly?”

“Scientists say that a more symmetrical face indicates a higher level of attractiveness.” Rei stated. “I read it somewhere.”

“I’m sure you did blueberry.” Mari said. “Thank you for noticing.”

“You are quite welcome.” Rei said.

“So, what time is it?” Asuka asked.

Shinji checked his new watch and realized the time. “We have to be to NERV in half an hour!” Shinji exclaimed.

“What?!” Asuka asked.

“Yeah, how is it that late?” Mari asked.

“I believe we used a lot time complimenting each other.” Rei said.

“Well, regardless of the reasons, we should hurry up.” Shinji said. “We don’t want to be late for Maya.”

“Yeah, she’s way nicer than Ritsuko.” Mari said. “I wouldn’t want to disappoint her.”

“I quite agree.” Rei said. “She is very kind.”

“Well, let’s shut up and go then!” Asuka said. “Come on, let’s go!”
–––

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:27 pm

I think I speak for everyone when I say put Maya in Ritsuko's place permanently when it comes to Sync tests.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:31 am

Evening all!

I'll be blunt... the chapter will not be up in the morning as usual.

It will however be up on Sunday. Reason being a rewrite needing to be done to make the chapter better. I decided to change some things around to make the story better. The chapter is long and has a lot of stuff to cover, so it's taking a bit longer to iron out the rough patches. So bare with me for one more day, and I'll see you all on Sunday! happy reading till then!

I'll also leave Mari here to distract you all!

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - One Shots: A Very Evangelion Xmas; In-Process, 2 of ?? Chapters[/quote]

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:35 am

Guten Morgen Eva Fans!

So, after a short delay... welcome to the turning point of Episode V everyone... please enjoy.

Also for your preview pleasure, here are the names of the next three chapters for the second half of Episode V, and yes... that's a lot of shit going down over three chapters.
    Chapter 7 – Dog Day Afternoon; Bardiel Infests
    Chapter 8 – Lethal Weapon; Zeruel Triumphs
    Chapter 9 – Dissolved in a Sea of Light

The links and status of my saga are below: NGE: Legacy - Table of Contents
Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; In-Process, 6 of 12 Chapters

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:06 pm

Though I won't give spoilers all I will say is its good that Asuka got educated by Mari.

The thing with her past though was heartbreaking because this lack of education was not her fault but her asshole father's for not behaving like a father and teaching her important life lessons which are essential.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Just got done reading the chapter, said all I needed to in the review and will also say more via PM but one of those very important conversational based chapters here. Really enjoyed seeing the numerous threads get worked on throughout it, some being resolved and some new ones coming into play to weave a very interesting and great chapter.

I'm nervous about where it goes from here, there is no real escaping just how dark it gets from now onwards. Bardiel is not an easy one and then Zeruel and finally Arael are crippling despite how well they're doing now. With the additional worries they each have it's not going to be easy at all.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:06 am

Good evening folks.

Sorry for being offline for so long. Things do not go well when your internet and cell service are spotty because of a fucking snow storm. Anyway... Chapter 7 will be up on Wednesday, with Chapter 8 most likely to be posted on Saturday or Sunday as scheduled.

Chapter 7 is done, I'm just having trouble uploading the rest of it via my phone... so Wednesday it is!

Sorry for the wait, but trust me, the fight with Bardiel is epic! So it's worth the long wait.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:55 am

It's that time again!

Yeah, its Wednesday, and I'm here with the chapter update from over this past weekend! Sorry for the wait, but I promise you, its worth it!

Also for your preview pleasure, here are the names of the next two chapters for the second half of Episode V.
    Chapter 8 – Lethal Weapon; Zeruel Triumphs
    Chapter 9 – Dissolved in a Sea of Light
Also, coming this Saturday or Sunday (depending on timing of course). That would be Chapter 8, which includes one bad ass Angel, Zeruel. So, get ready folks, the rest of Episode V is all downhill from here. Also, I don't really have a picture for this chapter, but this one will have to do. These girls have a tough time in the chapter, so its nice to see them smiling. Also, Mari still isn't in this plugsuit yet, so it's a little wrong, but I'm not one to nitpick... -o-;

The links and status of my saga are below: NGE: Legacy – Table of Contents
Origins Arc – Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode IV: The Last Hope; Complete, 12 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; In-Process, 7 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Resurgence Arc – Under Construction...
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VII: Awakenings
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VIII: Echoes of the Past
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode IX: Daybreak
Supplemental Stories – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots; In-Process, 3 of ?? Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots: A Very Evangelion Xmas; In-Process, 2 of ?? Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Look at that, I'm posting again!

So, with a new chapter out this weekend, and the ending of that last chapter (no spoilers if you haven't read it yet), I figure its time to post an excerpt. Now, if you haven't quite read Chapter 7 yet, and I know its long, hold off on reading this until after. So, I hope you all enjoyed today's chapter, and I really hope you like this teaser for the this weekend's entry into my story ^_^

Excerpt of Episode V, Chapter 8  SPOILER: Show
Excerpt from Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back – Chapter 8 – Lethal Weapon; Zeruel Triumphs
–––
At the apartment, while the girls all sat sullenly in the living room, they heard the Angel alarm go off and they all sat bolt upright.

“Oh… you gotta be shitting me!” Asuka shouted. “It’s like they know when shit happens here! This is what, the fourteenth?!”

“Yeah… its number fourteen…” Misato said. “Get in the car everyone, we need to move, now!”

“I can’t…” Mari said. “I can’t go if Shinji’s not here…”

“Mari, this isn’t the time for your fear of driving.” Misato said. “The Angel takes prescience, got it?”

“I said no.” Mari said. “Without Shinji, we’re fucked. We’ll be slaughtered without the puppy there to pull that luck out of his ass.”

“Yeah, she’s right.” Asuka said. “He’s the one that kills the Angels, we just sit back and watch him work… hell, his berserk Evangelion has more kills than I do.”

“Regardless of how inadequate we may be without Shinji… we cannot let him down…” Rei said sternly. “We must protect the city in his absence. If I have to, I will go alone.”

“Wundergirl…” Asuka said. “Where did this come from?”

“What do you mean?” Rei asked.

“I think she means the steadfast determination, blueberry.” Mari said.

“I have always had it.” Rei said. “I just do not like to be so forceful… it does not make you seem like a nice person to others.” Rei stared at both of them. “So, must I go alone, or will you assist me? I would feel a lot better if you two were there.”

“Yeah… let’s go…” Asuka said.

“But…” Mari said. “Can I just jog there?”

“Mari!” Misato shouted. “Get over it!”

“I can’t!” Mari shouted. “I just can’t, Shinji made that fear go away, but he’s gone… and so is my safety blanket! If Shinji were here, he would understand!”

“Mari… I will hold your hand.” Rei said softly. “Perhaps I can help make that fear go away. Would that help?”

“Yeah… it might.” Mari said.

“Fine, good.” Misato said gruffly as she grabbed her keys. “Get your shit and let’s go, we don’t have a lot of time… we need to move!”
–––

The links and status of my saga are below: NGE: Legacy – Table of Contents
Origins Arc – Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode IV: The Last Hope; Complete, 12 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; In-Process, 7 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Resurgence Arc – Under Construction...
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VII: Awakenings
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VIII: Echoes of the Past
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode IX: Daybreak
Supplemental Stories – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots; In-Process, 3 of ?? Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots: A Very Evangelion Xmas; In-Process, 2 of ?? Chapters

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Very brutal chapter.

Nothing like having to deal with the annoying fungus parasite among us.

Return to “Fanfiction”