[LAEM] The TRANSFORMERS Effect

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:37 pm

OK, cool then. Those posts threw me off there...

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 am

After some searching, I finally found what I was talking about.

It's a film called Lady Death. Apparently based on an American comic book, but drawn in an anime style. I read a couple of reviews that basically said it was a huge steaming pile of shit. The same people behind that are behind the Live Action Eva movie. That being said, I think things looks pretty dismal as far as if the LAE would be any good.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:11 pm

BrikHaus wrote:No this was meant to be an anime written and produced by ADV.

Hate to burst your bubble but first draft scripts are very rarely what production uses... When a real artist talks to Matt Greenfeild maybe he'll have the brains to step aside.
I won.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Themaninblack wrote:Hate to burst your bubble but first draft scripts are very rarely what production uses... When a real artist talks to Matt Greenfeild maybe he'll have the brains to step aside.

What are you going on about? Nobody said there was only one draft of the script, or that they would film the first draft.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:20 pm

Themaninblack wrote:When a real artist talks to Matt Greenfeild maybe he'll have the brains to step aside.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:37 pm

Themaninblack wrote:When a real artist talks to Matt Greenfeild maybe he'll have the brains to step aside.

I agree with Navery. Don't underestimate the insidious powers of ol' Greenfingers.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:25 am

Don't just underestimate Mr. Greenfield, don't underestimate the green paper.

That ADV anime project- Lady Death (or whatever), it's at most built for a set audience. Anime fans. Specifically anime fans who can handle American made imitations at anime with talentless Texans (hehe it rhymes) playing the roles. So it can at most pull in what, a couple million? Same with that EVANGELION 10TH...er 11th...12th? Fuck it, 15TH ANNIVERSARY DVD set. At the price they were offering ($300 right?) it was clearly another set audience purchase. Namely people who love the series so much they'll be willing to shill out the $300 for the same image quality of the 26 episodes you can get on the Thinpack but really really crave to hear Tiffany Grant argue about who looks better in a red plug suit- her or Al Gore (my votes on Gore).

But with a live action Eva all they need to do is sell "GIANT ROBOTS...like TRANSFORMERS" and they have the potential to reach beyond a set audience.

hell do you think TRANS would make a single $ if only the Transformers geeks and people craving nostalgia see it? Nope.

And now with TRANNIES having made $38 million on its opening day (A Tuesday none the less) and assured no competition this whole extended weekend until HARRY POTTER 5 (the bad book one), the film can draw in perhaps $120-150 mill.

I'd say EVA WITH HALLE BERRY AS Misato AND TARA REID AS RITSUKO is assured. If not for 2009 then definitly 2010.

And Matt Greenfield will just translate the ADV dub script for REBUILD, add in a few "catch phrases" and wham! Movie script.

Who thinks they'll make teh ADV Logo be hte new NERV logo ?

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:59 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:<snip> I'd say EVA WITH HALLE BERRY AS Misato AND TARA REID AS RITSUKO is assured. If not for 2009 then definitely 2010.

And Matt Greenfield will just translate the ADV dub script for REBUILD, add in a few "catch phrases" and wham! Movie script.

Who thinks they'll make teh ADV Logo be teh new NERV logo?
I could see Halle Berry, but not fcuking TARA REID!!! :? And where teh fcuk has she been since her li'l wardrobe malfunction anyway?!

I hope to God that Greenfield and crew just stick to the business side and stay teh fcuk away from the creative process!!

Maybe ADV/Weta will team up with some folks from GAINAX/Khara and get a big distributor like Bruckheimer/Disney. Anything's possible at this point...

20XD6_Tyrant
Banned

Postby 20XD6_Tyrant » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:31 pm

Hal, I would surmise that she'd be having more plastic surgery.

Because, apparently she can't get enough of them scars.
Apparently, I'm the admin's new(read:old) Chew toy.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:38 pm

Transformers == trannies? Is that a "more than meets the eye" joke?

When I saw it in the theater, it was mainly adults in their thirties and forties with a few very young children and a few young adults. That shows to me that the existing fanbase probably constitutes the vast majority of the viewers.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:28 pm

NAveryW wrote:Transformers == trannies? Is that a "more than meets the eye" joke?

I am still laughing as i'm typing this. You win, sir.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 am

[quote="NAveryW"]Originally, I really wanted to see a live action Evangelion movie if it was done right and had a good director.

However, when Rebuild was announced, I lost interest in LAEM and, by now, I kind of hope it never comes out. If Eva were more well known in the United States, maybe, but as it currently goes, I don't like at all the concept of "You hear that weird robot film has an anime based off it now?"

Plus, it's kind of hard to part with the cult status of something you love. And I'm rather tired of telling people who didn't like the Hitchhiker's Guide movie that "the books are better".

In summation, if they make LAEM, they must not screw this up. If the director turns out to be Ridley Scott or someone of that sort, then my worries may be alleviated.

Notheless there is the off chance David Lynch might get intersted in a EVA project. Whitch might...just might rival or even...dare I say succeed the orginal EVA? Probaly not..but he is the last director on Earth who could do the series justice. The Only other (Stanley Kubrick) is long dead...but would have defintley given us all great expections.

Transformers has become a blockbuster so chances of an Eva film coming out are trippled...though those are still not good odds.
I won.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:34 am

As much as I am against it I've always felt Darren Aronofsky could do wonders with the material if he abandoned the original and did it his own way.

Could be very exciting.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Szmitten » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:04 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:As much as I am against it I've always felt Darren Aronofsky could do wonders with the material if he abandoned the original and did it his own way.

Could be very exciting.

...You have got to be joking.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:25 pm

NAveryW wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah I know HA-HA :oops: Notheless he had the brains to bring Evangelion over here. Besides Ol' Greenfeild might have a big ego...but I'd love to see him fight agianst the Holywood machine..or a writer with a passion for what he's doing.
I won.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:30 pm

I think, for rather than LAME, we should get a movie that actually is just the Hollywood system, person by person, beating the shit out Matt Greenfield.
:twisted:
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:16 pm

cat42 wrote:I think, for rather than LAME, we should get a movie that actually is just the Hollywood system, person by person, beating the shit out Matt Greenfield.
:twisted:

:lol:
I won.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:38 pm

Although I'd probably change my mind about not wanting a LAEM if David Lynch signed on, I'd highly doubt he would, mainly for the same reason he declined to direct Return of the Jedi. (That's right, Lucas was a huge fan of Eraserhead and asked Lynch to direct Return of the Jedi. He refused because he felt that the movie would be Lucas's vision more than his own.) What do you know, another comparison between Eva and Star Wars.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:52 pm

NAveryW wrote:Although I'd probably change my mind about not wanting a LAEM if David Lynch signed on, I'd highly doubt he would, mainly for the same reason he declined to direct Return of the Jedi. (That's right, Lucas was a huge fan of Eraserhead and asked Lynch to direct Return of the Jedi. He refused because he felt that the movie would be Lucas's vision more than his own.) What do you know, another comparison between Eva and Star Wars.

:shock: David Lynch was asked to do Return of the Jedi WOW that would have been messed up!

If Lynch was shown Eva...and told he could have no leash like he had with Dune...who knows he might do it? I mean Lynch loves the "smart sureal" AKA the mind fuck, and Neon Genesis is filled with it. He dosen't care about profit as much either so he would have nothing to lose. Too bad he would have a leash and the executives behind it wouldn't have the brains to seek him out and tell him what the whole series is about. :shifty: :evil:
I won.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:32 pm

but really really crave to hear Tiffany Grant argue about who looks better in a red plug suit- her or Al Gore (my votes on Gore).

SECONDED! :lol: "You are hearing me talk."
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”