Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:34 pm

Your eva-geekage is weak compared to some of those present within these forums. :wink:

Welcome new peoples. We're really not as crazy as others make us out to be.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:37 pm

Doctor Memory wrote:Hello, World of 2015!

I expected flying cars and talking toasters. Instead, I find giant robots fighting monsters of unspecified gender over a doomsday device constructed from marshmelons and powered by mayonnaise.

Seriously, hello, EMF. I came for the live-action film rumors and stayed for TToR404. In fact, I registered this account to enter into the discussion of said fanfic. Many strange things are afoot... or an arm... Can't say for certain.

Welcome! Remember to read the rules before starting the discussion! (seriously)

thedarkorb wrote:My name is Jeff, 18 years old, from Houston Texas, hotpockets are cool too, and I've been an eva fan for a good two years. Just finished watching the series again and thought I should drop by here and see how many other people are eva geeks like me. Seems I've found the place.

Welcome Jeff! You've come to the right place ;)
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:51 am

Doctor Memory wrote:Hello, World of 2015!

I expected flying cars and talking toasters. Instead, I find giant robots fighting monsters of unspecified gender over a doomsday device constructed from marshmelons and powered by mayonnaise.

Seriously, hello, EMF. I came for the live-action film rumors and stayed for TToR404. In fact, I registered this account to enter into the discussion of said fanfic. Many strange things are afoot... or an arm... Can't say for certain.

Say, are you the same Doctor Memory as the Dr. Memory from... ah, never mind. I'll just ask if you recognize the name "DrizzlingEnthalpy".
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Gendocide
Embryo

Postby Gendocide » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:02 am

I narrowly missed elimination in the first of the great purges, and recent attempts to join in the discussions have quickly been torn apart by totally unfair use of logic and example. I did once have an actual insight, in a creative writing class in college, but I think that one time pretty much used up my quota, oh well.

So, before I sink back into the obscurity of lurking I will leave an introduction to hopefully give eternal proof that I am not a bot; I am a human being...

My first encounter with Evangelion came many years ago, when one of our student workers who knew I liked Weird Al showed me the AMV for 'I Think I'm a Clone Now'
If you've seen that AMV you can guess just how skewed an idea that gave me about what the show was about.

Some years later the show came on adult swim, I liked it very much, and luckily found the Platinum Thinpak for under $50. At the time I also purchased EoE/Death and Rebirth.

Then my wife became very sick, so Evangelion slid into the mix of that strange state of mind that comes with extreme emotional trauma. As if the show weren't disturbing enough on its own.

During that time I became deeply obsessed with figuring out what the hell the show meant. I found the Fan-Geeks Commentary and rejoiced then found that it only fully covered the first few episodes, but from there I found this forum.
I truly love a place where fans can argue about what would happen in real life if a giant naked girl were to fall apart and the chunks crash into the Pacific ocean, and back up their opinions with hard science and mathematic computations.

So, my wife is now well and thanks to repeated viewing of 'Evangelion: ReDeath' I no longer take the show quite so seriously. Except for the part about what Gendo really said to Ritsuko. Leaving so much to be figured out from clues contained in the show without spelling things out is cool, but that was a cheap shot.
Damn it Anno, what did he saaaayyy?!!!?
'EoE starts with Shinji choking his chicken and ends choking his Asuka'
-Mr. Tines

Thanatos
Embryo

Greetings

Postby Thanatos » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:08 am

Hello my fellow NGE fans, maniacs, experts, and any category left out.

I was came upon this site by chance really. I was reading reviews of various NGE products, and saw one regarding the Platinum release or perhaps another. The reviewer was bashing the series without any good reasoning. So i made a lengthy reply in the most civilized manner i could defending the show. I noticed another person had joined in, and was replying with intelligent information also in defense of the series. After a message or two, she provided me with this website, and i am forever grateful.

I have spent many hours in the last week or so reading topic after topic. And i discovered the only negative part of joining such a forum is the massive amount of information that has been posted over the years. Its blessing and a pain all at once, but i read on and on.....and on some more.
It was a wise decision because it saved me the embarrassment of making a thread that had been discussed into the ground three years ago, and provided me the answers i was looking for in most cases.

Well i just wanted to say how impressed i am with all of your efforts. You have all given me exactly what i have been looking for since i finished watching this series about 6 months ago. Hopefully i can breeze through the countless pages of topics and find something original to enlighten you all with.

Thank you all!
"The one who lacks courage to be a hammer, comes off in the role of the anvil." -Oswald Spengler

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:16 am

Welcome new members.

@Gendocide, if Gendo's last words to Ritsuko can be made any less (or more) a cheapshot, originally, there was supposed to be an explosion sound that covered what he was supposed to have said. Later in the production, Anno decided to leave out the explosion and leave that scene without sound (I don't think there was anything written in the script for Gendo anyways).

@Thanatos, I've played for about 20 years, classical guitar, in the jazz band in highschool and played with the classical guitar ensemble at Carnegie Mellon. I didn't take it seriously until I decided to pick up a jazz minor while at college and had to take 4 semesters of guitar studio. I don't have a recording device (nor a camera) so there's very little that I have to show for, however, at this art opening about 6 years ago, a friend asked me to play for about and hour and someone else came in with a portable recorder and managed to get this: http://www.tesuji.org/Sonatina_3.mp3 Lennox Berkeley's Sonatina, 3rd movement. It's no Julian Bream but I was pretty proud of myself getting through it without making any massive mistakes. There's also a really terrible recording of Fernando Sor's Grand Solo that I recorded on my laptop's built-in microphone.

Edit: whoa, did I imagine something that wasn't there (in Thanatos' post)? (a little drunk atm)

Thanatos
Embryo

a lil drunk??

Postby Thanatos » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:23 am

Well you weren't imagining it, i asked about musicians in the other thread:Age, gender, location.
But i've drank a few myself and its late, so i thought i imagined writing it all for a second. Then i remembered the other post
:D

I'll check out the recording, thanks for the reply.
"The one who lacks courage to be a hammer, comes off in the role of the anvil." -Oswald Spengler

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:44 am

Gendocide wrote:I found the Fan-Geeks Commentary and rejoiced then found that it only fully covered the first few episodes

Yeah, you know somebody should really think about updating that site.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:59 pm

Welcome to the board new people and @ Gendocide, nice PenPen avatar.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Doctor Memory » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:42 pm

NAveryW wrote:I'll just ask if you recognize the name "DrizzlingEnthalpy".

Not one of mine, sorry. This name is supposed to be a reference to "I Think We're All Bozos on this Bus." The minimal research I did indicated it would be nicely inconspicuous.
(Don't) Excuse Me UhClem, But You're (Not) Making the Doctor (Un)Happy.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:02 pm

^ Guess you don't make much of an impression, NAvery.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Snowshadow Falcon
Embryo

Postby Snowshadow Falcon » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:34 pm

Greetings all! After lurking for a couple weeks, I decided to get up off my lazy ass and register. These forums look to be a fun place, whether it be discussing Evangelion or whatever else may pop to mind. I'll post a bit more about myself later on, but for now, I'll see all of you around the forums!
This signature is currently undergoing maintenance...Check back for updates in the near future!

20XD6_Tyrant
Banned

Postby 20XD6_Tyrant » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:39 pm

Snowshadow Falcon wrote:Greetings all! After lurking for a couple weeks, I decided to get up off my lazy ass and register. These forums look to be a fun place, whether it be discussing Evangelion or whatever else may pop to mind. I'll post a bit more about myself later on, but for now, I'll see all of you around the forums!

Hi, welcome to EMF. Flamethrowers are under your seat, but since we are enduring budget cuts, there are filled with Holy Water instead of Napalm. Weapon lockers are down the hall, but only admins, mods, Bob, and the admin's chew toy can otherwise use them.[end Hard-light style welcome]

So, yeah, welcome to the forums.
Apparently, I'm the admin's new(read:old) Chew toy.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:21 pm

welcome new people, seems there's a lot of you in the week an a half i've been on vacation.

@Thanatos: I had the same quandary as you, as far as the massive volume of information here. I find myself drawn to certain topics, and others I simply don't bother with.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

20XD6_Tyrant
Banned

Postby 20XD6_Tyrant » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:31 pm

slothen wrote:welcome new people, seems there's a lot of you in the week an a half i've been on vacation.

Highya slothen, I have not missed you in the least. :)
Apparently, I'm the admin's new(read:old) Chew toy.

Knoxer
Embryo

Postby Knoxer » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:54 am

Hey everyone!

How's it going fellow Evangelion fans? I've been signed up here for quiet a bit and I'm actually starting to post a bit now. Reason is that the other forums I go on are beginning to bore me, and 1 is getting shut down. Anyway Some of you might know me because Knoxer is the name I use pretty much everywhere on the internet. My friends in RL have also started calling me this.

But yeah, just wanted to say sup and hope My experience here is as good as past ones on other forums :P
Fuyutsuki: It's hot
Gendo: Yes...

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:01 pm

Be warned: you seem to be a sane person. Most of us are not.

Anyway, welcome to the mess.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Re: Greetings

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:50 am

Thanatos wrote:Hello my fellow NGE fans, maniacs, experts, and any category left out.

I was came upon this site by chance really. I was reading reviews of various NGE products, and saw one regarding the Platinum release or perhaps another. The reviewer was bashing the series without any good reasoning. So i made a lengthy reply in the most civilized manner i could defending the show. I noticed another person had joined in, and was replying with intelligent information also in defense of the series. After a message or two, she provided me with this website, and i am forever grateful.

Hehe, that girl was me. I'm actually a guy, but I had that moniker (Suzanne) from Amazon going back about 7-8 years ago (it was my mother's moniker/name, and I borrowed it to write reviews and just never changed it/gave it up). Anyway, WELCOME! Glad you took my recommendation. :)
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Sentinel'
Embryo

Postby Sentinel' » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:54 am

Hi, long time lurker here. I stumbled across this site in March and have been frequenting it ever since, mostly laughing at the sometimes engaging, but always amusing debates. Oh, and TToR404. the best SI fanfic i ever read.
I look forward to spending even more time then is considered safe on the forum.

Vane
Embryo

Postby Vane » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:16 pm

Greetings, new member here, thought I would say... Greetings. Came upon this site while looking for information about NGE, and have been browsing it ever since. Also pretty new to Anime in general as I just recently have become interested in it thanks to having access to high speed Internet, I use to be forced to watch Dubbed Naruto or Dubbed Inuyasha where I live, which doesn't exactly show the cream of the crop of Anime. :wink:

Not much else I can say about myself.

Return to “Old Stickies”