[FanFic Series] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: New FanFic! Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:35 pm

Hello again EVA fans!

So, its finally here, today I have posted the conclusing chapter to the 34 chapter, 3 story long Origins Arc, and also, the opening chapter to new, 36 chapter, 3 story long Angels Arc.

Here for your reading pleasure:
Also, here's a look at the rest of the first half of Episode IV, no spoilers.
    Chapter 2 – Berserk Fury
    Chapter 3 – Awaiting Destiny
    Chapter 4 – Third Child vs. Third Angel; Sachiel Appears
    Chapter 5 – School of Hard Knocks; Shamshel Attacks
    Chapter 6 – Operation Yashima; Ramiel Obliterates
I'd also like to take this opportinity to thank everyone for the wonderful reviews, favorites and follows, and of course for anyone who has read through or just poked around the story, I humbly thank you, and deeply appreciate you taking a time to read my fic.

Soon, the gang will be all together!
The links and status of the saga are below:
Origins Arc - Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; In-Process, 1 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VI: Return of Reality; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Resurgence Arc - Under Construction...
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VII: Awakenings
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VIII: Echoes of the Past
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IX: Daybreak
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:39 am

DarkBluePhoenix wrote:While many characters in my story use the same birthdays they are given officially, for the characters with unknown birthdays, I had to make a few up to fit the story, or just add a specific date for the characters with only years listed.
Yeah, I left a few people off, mainly the Bridge Bunnies (wasn't ready for them yet) and Asuka's half siblings (Who were a story surprise), finally Mari's DOB will change now that she is back to make her 16 in the story, so they have been added into the list below and are listed in bold.
    > Keel Lorenz – March 16, 1925
    > Jushiro Kyoraku – August 15, 1945
    > Kozo Fuyutsuki – April 9, 1959
    > Naoko Akagi – June 12, 1965
    > Gendo (Rokubungi) Ikari – April 29, 1967
    > Shinji Ikari – May 21, 1970
    > Oscar Langley – January 1, 1972
    > Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu – March 25, 1974
    > Mimori Shikinami – August 18, 1975
    > Yui Ikari – March 30, 1977
    > Mari Illustrious Makinami – April 8, 1982 (After recovery, listed as April 8, 1999)
    > Ritsuko Akagi – November 21, 1985
    > Ryoji Kaji – June 17, 1985
    > Misato Katsuragi – December 8, 1986
    > Makoto Hyuga – February 13, 1990
    > Shigeru Aboa – May 5, 1990
    > Maya Ibuki – July 11, 1991
    > Kaworu Nagisa – September 13, 2000
    > Shinji Ikari – June 6, 2001
    > Kensuke Aida – September 12, 2001
    > Asuka Langley Soryu – December 4, 2001
    > Toji Suzuhara – December 26, 2001
    > Hikari Horaki – February 18, 2002
    > Sakura Suzuhara – April 2, 2003
    > Rei Ayanami – October 31, 2004 (Listed officially as October 31, 2001)
    > Asumi Langley Shikinami – March 20, 2006 (older twin)
    > Akito Langley Shikinami – March 20, 2006 (younger twin)

Oh, and in the theme of these added birthdays, here's some Asuka
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Loved the chapters so happy that a certain person has returned :)

SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

xfs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xfs » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:25 pm

I saw Napster (2007) and Google (2010) in chapter 11. It's funny how Google being an usherer of cutting edge AI research IRL, its subsidiary in London just managed to propose a Differentiable Neural Computer that can only solve toy examples and cannot handle real-world problems yet (compared to MAGI). If NGE is a sci-fi, it's surely very optimistic.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Good news everyone!

I have a shiny, new AO3 account where I will be slowly catching up to my fanfiction.net account with NGE: Legacy. In order to accomplish this feat, I am going back to the beginning of my saga, and meticulously checking for grammatical and syntax errors. I clearly missed a bunch the last time around, so I'm doing a revision I'm calling the "New Grammatical Edition" or "NGE" for short.

As I update AO3, I will update Fanfiction.net with the completed stories. The edits will not change any content, just add grammatical clarity where there was once none. There may be a few words added in that I didn't actually type out but intended to, but other than that, the stories will essentially be the same.

Now every Saturday, you can look forward to a new chapter(s) for Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy.

Also, to everyone who has been reading, reviewing, favoritism, and following, I humbly thank you and hope you continue to enjoy my work as much as I have enjoyed writing it thus far.
:asuka_happy:
Also, be ready, as there are changes coming :lol:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:32 am

Quick update, wonderful readers!

This Saturday, October 22, 2016, I will be posting Chapters 2 & 3 (see chapter titles in above post), then next Saturday , October 29, 2016, Chapter 4 will be posted, ushering in "The War of the Angels" and the fight to save humanity.

I'd call it the "Fight Against Giants" but the acronym gets a bit dicey when trying to post it... -o-;

Origins Arc - Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; In-Process, 1 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VI: Return of Reality; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters

xfs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xfs » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:59 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:I'd call it the "Fight Against Giants" but the acronym gets a bit dicey when trying to post it...

True, "F.A.G." would allude to a different Gendo from the one in your fic. (Now, make an omake where Gendo fights
Godzilla
with fish.)
Last edited by xfs on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:34 pm

xfs wrote:True, "F.A.G." would allude to a different Gendo from the one in your fic. (Now, make an omake where Gendo fights
Godzilla
with fish.)

Yes, that is a far different Gendo than my own, who is a bumbling idiot and not a cold calculated anything.

No Spoilers! :lol:  SPOILER: Show
Funny you should mention Godzilla... no spoilers!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:41 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Yes, that is a far different Gendo than my own, who is a bumbling idiot and not a cold calculated anything.

No Spoilers! :lol:  SPOILER: Show
Funny you should mention Godzilla... no spoilers!

Yes more chapters :)

Depends which Godzilla though.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:27 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:

Heh! - I already used that line.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:37 pm

Hello again, EVA fans!

EDIT: So, the chapter list that was below seemed kinda silly to have buried three pages into the thread, so I've moved the chapter listing for all stories to the beginning of the first page,. The original post I put down was also preserved, so you can see it more effectively, as is the original post here.

Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:24 pm

Good news folks!

After some technical delays, I have two new chapters up for NGE: Legacy!

Same as before, a preview of the upcoming chapters for the rest of the first half of Episode IV:
    Chapter 4 – Third Child vs. Third Angel; Sachiel Appears
This Week's Pilot  SPOILER: Show
Rei Ayanami, the featured pilot in Chapter 2!Image

And next week, Shinji will be feeling like this.

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; In-Process, 3 of 12 Chapters

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:47 am

Hooray! New chapters! I must say, I wasn't expecting the events of Chapter 2, but I can see where you're coming from with them.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:32 am

Fyrstorm wrote:Hooray! New chapters! I must say, I wasn't expecting the events of Chapter 2, but I can see where you're coming from with them.

Well, I must say, keep expecting the unexpected...
So Innocent...  SPOILER: Show
Mari's here afterall, and well, that face just says she's going to cause trouble ^_^Image

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:46 pm

Hello again!

So, the new chapter will be up on Saturday (October 29, 2016) but because it’s an important one, I figured I’d let you guys see a very small part of it, so I hope you enjoy.
Excerpt of Episode IV, Chapter 4  SPOILER: Show
Excerpt from Episode IV: The Last Hope – Chapter 4 – Third Child vs. Third Angel; Sachiel Appears

Unit–01’s eyes lit back up and its head jerked up, and Shinji awoke sitting in the Entry Plug, which was now in low–power mode. Shinji could see everything around him, but couldn’t do anything as his controls were dead. “How are you moving, it says the power is out…” Shinji looked around. “Well, I guess beggars can’t be choosers…”

The jaws of Unit–01 strained against the bolts holding it shut. The metal strained and creaked against the muscles flexing underneath the armor. Unit–01’s head moved about and its neck joints popped in anticipation of fighting. The bolts finally snapped after a massive amount of effort on the part of Unit–01.

Unit–01 let out a very primitive, reverberating sound from its now free and open mouth. “ROOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Unit–01 leaned forward and stretched its arms out and leaned forward as it growled a low, reverberating tone and it stared down Sachiel.

“Holy shit, this is about to get messy.” Shinji said. “I better hold onto something…”
So, look forward to the new chapter folks, its coming soon…
Someone's awake...  SPOILER: Show

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; In-Process, 3 of 12 Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

xfs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xfs » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:01 am

What is going on? This raises many questions. Unit-01 going berserk here is a response to its pilot being in danger of death or being unconscious to pilot. But by the reaction of Shinji, he's pretty much conscious and well and kidding around?

Wait and see.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:18 am

Awesome!
Mommy's very angry

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:25 am

Quite intrigued by Shinjis reaction to this as well. Wonder if this is just going to be his reaction until he realizes the horror of what is happening.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:01 am

xfs wrote:
What is going on? This raises many questions. Unit-01 going berserk here is a response to its pilot being in danger of death or being unconscious to pilot. But by the reaction of Shinji, he's pretty much conscious and well and kidding around?

Wait and see.
silvermoonlight wrote:Awesome!
Mommy's very angry
jcmoorehead wrote:
Quite intrigued by Shinjis reaction to this as well. Wonder if this is just going to be his reaction until he realizes the horror of what is happening.
Thank you guys for the wonderful posts.

Now, I won't give anything away about the chapter, but here's another "spoiler free" excerpt
Excerpt from Episode IV: The Last Hope – Chapter 4 – Third Child vs. Third Angel; Sachiel Appears

Unit–01 moved slowly into position under the launch doors. The lock bolts sealed around the base of the launch pad as the doors above Unit–01 began opening.

"Launch pad locked in place... closest intercept point has been selected... launch path is clear and open... all systems online... board is green." Maya reported. "Evangelion Unit–01 is ready for launch."

"Understood." Misato said as she turned to Gendo. "Commander, do we proceed to launch?"

"Of course Captain." Gendo replied with his hands folded in front of him. "The fate of humanity rests on our success this day. If we fail to defeat the Third Angel, humanity and the Earth will be destroyed. Proceed to launch Unit–01, operational command is now yours, Captain Katsuragi."

"Yes, sir." Misato replied.

"Ikari, are you absolutely certain of this?" Fuyutsuki asked as Misato turned back around. "He is your son after all."

"I'm aware of that, and I won't let our relationship cloud my judgement on the matter." Gendo said, smirking slightly. "I'm quite certain, Fuyutsuki."

"Evangelion Unit–01... LAUNCH!" Misato ordered.

The locks on the base of the pad beneath Unit–01were released with explosive charges, and the pad shot upwards suddenly with great speed.

"WAHHHHHHH!!!!" Shinji screamed once again, not expecting the sudden the sudden acceleration upinto the path to the surface of Tokyo–3. The force of the sudden acceleration was so strong, it had pressed him quite hard into his seat.
So, look forward to the new chapter folks, its coming soon…

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IX: Daybreak[/quote]

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:01 am

Hello again evafans!

I have just uploaded my longest chapter yet, as it's probably one of the most importaint I written thus far.

Now, the same as before, a preview of the upcoming chapters for the rest of the first half of Episode IV:
This Week's Pilot  SPOILER: Show
Shinji Ikari, the featured pilot in Chapter 4!

Welcome to Tokyo-3 everyone, Shinji Ikari is now in the building!

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; In-Process, 4 of 12 Chapters

Return to “Fanfiction”