Have you ever just stopped watching anime?

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

Re: Have you ever just stopped watching anime?

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:58 pm

I usually look at blogs/reviews/threads to determine whether or not to look at the show. Maybe I should adopt your technique in order to weed the best from the worst.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:58 pm

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:Yes, because our tastes are exactly the same, so you know exactly what I am supposed to like, and therefore can conclude that I must be talking out of my arse when I claim I only buy those series that I am most likely to like, based on good quality reviews on reputed anime/manga websites in Europe*. :rolleyes:

Not really what I was saying, no. I have no issues with an approach like Mr. Tines describes, but it rankles a bit when people dismiss shows without knowing anything about them, and particularly so when they then go on to say everything's the same (even better if they declare things used to be so much better or something, which tells me they really haven't been paying attention).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:58 pm

In this thread we learn that people have different tastes; who knew!

For my part, I've spent the past few years getting to know a good number of classic shows (Evangelion...), and also getting a bit more up to date (things like Uchouten Kazoku). It's only recently that I've started watching new shows during transmission, and so far I've found that there's usually a couple that meet my requirements (right now it's MSG-IBO, Erased, and Koyomimonogatari that I'm following).

So I have no thought of stopping just yet; even if I don't fancy anything in a future season there's plenty else to catch up on.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Akrastien
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Akrastien » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:31 pm

I've stoped once but now I watch anime more than ever.
The end is nigh.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:09 am

I haven't watched a anime series since I finished Blue Gender in January of 2015.
I'm gonna try & start Psycho Pass in the next bit and hope I keep going with it.

norival1992
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby norival1992 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:10 am

You are, it happened to me this time last year, instead of watching anime, I read a bunch of manga. After a couple of months, I started to watch anime again

Return to “Anime and Manga”