Eva Unit-00 Shaded Drawing and Abandoned Unit-01 Drawing

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

Eva Unit-00 Shaded Drawing and Abandoned Unit-01 Drawing

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:03 pm

So about 3 months ago I tried drawing again for the first time in about 6 years. I chose to draw a scene from the manga (in the anime too, but I based it off a frame in the manga) where unit-00 is holding the lance of longinus. I started drawing everything totally out of proportion and almost gave up before I even got anywhere, but I kept going and got a result I'm actually fairly proud of. I tried my first real attempt at shading too, and it turned out okay too.

Let me know if that link is broken for you guys, it shows up for me, but I've had trouble with this host providing me links only I can see in the past. The problem is that I don't have another reliable host I can use really. Anyway, I wound up drawing the picture too large to be able to fit the lance of longinus on screen. There are a few perspective issues and proportional issues, and I discovered later that I drew the crotch completely wrong. Also, I made a small change to the Eva's left forearm that actually changes the angle it's at, making the way I drew the long armor bit on the forearm going the complete wrong way. Oh well.

Here is another drawing based off of a frame from the manga, one where Unit-01 is attacking the MP Evas. I never got further than outlining this one, because I really wasn't happy with where it was going. It's okay, but I couldn't get it good enough for me to consider finishing it.

edit: I got google drive, apparently it works great for sharing images, so I have changed the links to the ones from google drive. Let me know if you can't see them.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Eva Unit-00 Shaded Drawing and Abandoned Unit-01 Drawing

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:55 pm

Was going to merge this into Fan Art, but you cross-posted anyway, so I'm gonna lock instead.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Fan Works”