Favorite Eva Music

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:43 pm

'unno. In the extended version that came in the OST you can hear somebody saying "Famously" at one point in the song, but I don't believe that's present in the movie.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:34 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Here is as good a place as any to ask it.

Why is the song called 'Famously' anyways?

Because Shinji is famous
or rather infamous.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Kaneda
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kaneda » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Komm susser Tod is ten minutes of pure awesomeness. It's one of the few song that manages to make me feel both depressed and uplifted at the same time. I'm also impressed by the fact that I only very rarely feel as if the song drags on. For a ten minute song I'd say that's quite an accomplishment. There's also the fact that whenever I hear it I start to recreate the visuals from Third Impact inside my head, I feel as if it exchanges the listening experience.

It's also hard not to love Fly Me To The Moon and Decisive Battle. Claire Littlely manages to bring a passion to the song that I felt Sinatra lacked. And even though decisive battle is a ripoff of a James Bond track I can't help but feel a rush of excitement whenever I hear it.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:42 pm

From NGE/EoE: Komm susser Tod

From NME: Betrayal

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Favorite Eva Music

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:44 am

I think is between Komm süßer Tod and Splitting of the Breast
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Intheseaofdirac
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Intheseaofdirac » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:35 pm

The choice to focus so heavily on orchestrated music for a series that is so chaotic, sometimes violent while other times eerily calm, was pure magic. Some of the best music I have ever heard in an anime series comes from the rebuilds. Admittedly, the original series was more subtle, but overall there are some great tracks.

I really liked Air from the End of Evangelion. Also, I am a teacher and one of my students played the cello. She brought it in one day and played for the class and she happened to play the cello song that Shinji plays. It was a moment for me to reflect on how deeply this series has touched me.

From the rebuilds, there are too many tracks to name, but the music in 2:22 was just... phenominal. That soundtrack is amazing.
Jacob, from within the Sea of Dirac
Host of Neon Genesis Evangelion: A Commentary, a commentary style podcast

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Komm süßer Tod makes me feel things that I can't really feel by listening to any other song. That and Expansion of Blockade (Japanese name: Heisoku no Kakudai), are two songs that can really help me get through some tough times, and I thank Eva for that.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:31 am

EOE Komm süßer Tod and Rebuild At The Very Beginning by Shiro Sagisu.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:03 pm

The EoE soundtrack is fantastic (It's the only soundtrack album I was actually willing to download on my MP3), but if I had to choose two favorites (Ignoring Komm Susser Todd and Thantos), Gap of Dream and Substitute Intervention. The former adds to the amount I cry when Shinji says goodbye to his mother, and the later has the same effect when Misato sends Shinji off. (P.S.: It really pains me to leave out Jesus bleibet meine Freude).

When talking about the TV series, that minamilistic piano piece that plays whenever shit's about to go down (Like Episode 18) comes to my mind the most. It makes me realize how simple many of the chords in the music sound and shows how sometimes the simplest choices make the best impression.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Fate, Out of the Dark, The Ultimate Soldier, and It Will Mean Victory are all incredible. I could listen to those all day. Good, Or Don't Be and Tamashii no Rufuran are my favorite tracks from the original series OST. GODB was the perfect tune for Evangelion to end on. So upbeat and hopeful. ^_^
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:45 am

Well, after watching 3.33 I've fallen in love with Quatre Mains. That song is absolutely bursting with joyousness!
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

____
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ____ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:51 am

Thanatos -If I Can't Be Yours- is my favorite, because to me it contains the entire essence of the show. The instrumentation and arrangement are, I don't want to say modern, but I don't know anything about jazz, or music theory, (or honestly music in general so I'm writing this off the cuff), so I can't really articulate properly, but they are such an interesting combination of "alien" or distant, being the jazz, the keyboard, the change in time signature around the middle that makes it seem so aloof, the scat singing that sounds like religious chants. And then some parts of the arrangement that I imagine Sagisu was responsible for, namely the strings that sound like the emotional ground that the series rests on. Those two things combined, plus the wistful lyrics and Loren's wistful vocals sum up what I love about the show.
I also really like Everything You've Ever Dreamed because I love Arianne's voice.
I really like the soundtrack overall though. People seem to think it's unremarkable but I think it functions perfectly for the tone and the influences it draws from.

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:16 pm

I've also been listening to The End of Midsummer. It is mostly a repeat of Interference With Others, but it's a revamp. You've also got to love that electric guitar put in with the classical strings in the middle of it.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Dildry
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dildry » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Thanatos

Decisive Battle

The Bach music they scattered across the series

Eva has some great music and the best OST out of all the anime I have watched (I havent watched FLCL or Bepop so dont rage please)

I also dont watch a lot of anime
You dare mock the son of a sheperd - Sheperds Son

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:19 am

Pretty much any variation on Rei's theme is awesome, but I think the winner has to be Rei III. All three Rei themes represent their respective incarnation; Rei I is haunting and eerie, fitting very well with Rei's disturbing origins as the unwanted byproduct of an experiment devised to bring someone else back from the dead. Rei II is considerably less unnerving, but quite saddening, much like Rei II herself, the tragic youth who has spent much of her existence without experiencing human warmth, and when she finally began to develop true feelings, had everything cruelly snatched away from her. Rei III, meanwhile, is bombastic, ominous and uniquely terrifying "in context"; it's the theme of the newly awakened mother of all mankind and ultimately the true master of the apocalypse. It's the way it gets across that feeling of the literal wrath of god that makes it so wonderful, I think, and it certainly stands head and shoulders above other "epic" themes.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Dildry
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dildry » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:07 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Pretty much any variation on Rei's theme is awesome, but I think the winner has to be Rei III. All three Rei themes represent their respective incarnation; Rei I is haunting and eerie, fitting very well with Rei's disturbing origins as the unwanted byproduct of an experiment devised to bring someone else back from the dead. Rei II is considerably less unnerving, but quite saddening, much like Rei II herself, the tragic youth who has spent much of her existence without experiencing human warmth, and when she finally began to develop true feelings, had everything cruelly snatched away from her. Rei III, meanwhile, is bombastic, ominous and uniquely terrifying "in context"; it's the theme of the newly awakened mother of all mankind and ultimately the true master of the apocalypse. It's the way it gets across that feeling of the literal wrath of god that makes it so wonderful, I think, and it certainly stands head and shoulders above other "epic" themes.

Yeah Rei III is great her theme is great I believe its just Shiro doing his own version of something Bach made?

Correct me if I am wrong

Dildry
Embryo

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Dildry » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:46 pm

View Original Postjuaxoo wrote:stfu all you faggots!!, Fly Me To The Moon (every edition, remix, vocal, etc) is obviously the best!

The only version of Fly me to the Moon that is good is Frank Sinatra's version. I very much dislike all the Japanese covers of it.

They all are very inferior to Sinatra's original work but hey Anno atleast has good music taste.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”