Unfair Evangelion reviews

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Unfair Evangelion reviews

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun May 01, 2016 1:02 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:We're schoolgirls who look 25 who pilot giant lolcats by putting on body armor that only covers our nipples & we control them by sliding ourselves onto a joystick & my best friend is actually a tiger ghostboy who's part girl & I'm secretly in love with her but we can't be together because I'm 1/10th Jupiter Princess which means I always bleed out my nose whenever things get sexy and I don't want to pilot my lolcat but rather just be the managing chef at my 5 star Peruvian bakery located in downtown Japan right next to a shinto shrine where people with animal masks engage in orgies to bring forth the spirit of the great squid god who can imbue us with the power of the horny mongoose that once was the headmaster of our school!

What is the name of this anime series you describe? I fucking NEED to watch this!
[Redacted]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun May 01, 2016 1:06 am

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:What is the name of this anime series you describe? I fucking NEED to watch this!

He had me with "orgies to bring forth the spirit of the great squid god".
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun May 01, 2016 1:54 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:He had me with "orgies to bring forth the spirit of the great squid god".

And when He comes parts of Japan get a low rumbling sound, some convulsions, and sometimes a tsunami?

I'll get my coat.
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon May 02, 2016 8:44 am

@ Gendo'sPapa, it's so very odd how Anno can infuriate people who obsess over anime without needing to be as absurd and over-the-top as the anime filmmakers who try too hard. All of these anime and/or manga get released attempting to be the "most THIS" or the "extremely over-the-top THAT," and they're mostly forgotten in a year or two. (Unless they're genuinely interesting on a narrative level, in which case they're often talked about but never truly discussed. Gurren Lagann comes to mind as a show that is over-the-top, has a longer shelf life due to its quality, but has little cultural impact. I haven't seen Kill La Kill yet, but its popularity strikes me as something similar.)

And then you have Anno walking on the stage, and with little more than a pause before uttering "Evangelion 14 years later" the whole anime fandom has reverted back to the years 1996-97, with everyone arguing over this and hating that and not being able to cope with this other thing. It really speaks to the talent of a story-teller when he can get such a huge reaction with a very basic concept, all while the other filmmakers cram as many absurdities and craziness into a script as possible and are only actively discussed for maybe 3 years tops.

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Unfair EVA reviews

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:28 am

View Original PostGoatJesus wrote:OH GOD. Remind me to skewer this tomorrow. 3 parts? Damn.

Are you still dead or you will make a new video?
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:20 pm

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:25 pm

I came, I took a look, I found a phrase where the guy suggests immortality of people after 3I, I had a good laugh and I flushed a jerk in toilet, where his place is. He really has to find better way to drag attention to his little blog than producing hyper-ultra-mega-rants, hoping to spur the community.
JUSTICE & MERCY

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:19 am

Manga Entertainment screen caps. Clearly this man's perspective should be held at arms length, as that particular video quality isn't really any better than a VHS tape.

Teti un
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Teti un » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:40 am

Almost everything have a place in the world,bu that page is a exception.
Some crab

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”