Official Welcome Thread

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TrumpetsGo
Embryo

Anime Lover

Postby TrumpetsGo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:17 am

Anime is love anime is heart be an otaku from the start :D... hey guys.. newcomer here i hope I can get along with you guys

King PenPenPen
Embryo

Re: Official Welcome Thread

Postby King PenPenPen » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:13 pm

Greetings all! Given how much I have come to love and appreciate Eva it only seemed right that I ceased my days of lurking and joined up. ^_^
I need an Eva to clobber that there Angel!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:17 pm

^Uhoh.

Look out gob. You've got competition!

Anyways, welcome penpenpen!

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:26 pm

View Original PostKing PenPenPen wrote:Greetings all! Given how much I have come to love and appreciate Eva it only seemed right that I ceased my days of lurking and joined up. ^_^

Gob will have some conpetition with you.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby CommanderFish » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:49 pm

I've been lurking around these forums for a while now so I thought it was about time I should actually join. I love Evangelion, and this community seems very nice. I'm looking forward to being here.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Kyoko Soryu
Embryo

Postby Kyoko Soryu » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:10 am

I've been meaning to branch out my online presence, so I figured this would be a perfect place to start.

I'm Kyoko Soryu, which is actually a combination of Kyoko Sakura and Asuka Soryu but just happened to be Asuka's mother's name as well. Her middle name is Zeppelin, and I have a thing for airships and the '30s in general. So that worked out great. I'm generally more active in the Sonic community, despite all the things I love about the franchise now being 15+ years old. I'm mostly still in it for my parody work (link in my signature), which is an absolute blast to do. As a result most of the people I've made friends with online are obscenely talented and make me look bad, but oh well.

NGE was the first "serious" anime I ever got into, and it got me into the medium as a whole. Before then my main experience with anime had been with Pokemon, back in the late '90s. Getting into anime through a deconstruction of one of its popular subgenres is a really interesting way to do it, but NGE has remained my favorite anime of all time and one of my favorite works of fiction ever simply because I have never seen characters I identify with so deeply in anything else. Shinji is basically a male version of myself, and when I was younger I had a wonderfully Asuka-like ego before middle school destroyed what little grip on sanity I was born with.

I'm an aspiring writer, mainly with comedy but I'm equally vested in telling serious stories. It's just given my setup, doing an abridged series of a Sonic cartoon is totally feasible whilst making a serious live action film of some kind just isn't. Film is my true love, and I will yandere on your ass if you try to take her away from me. I'm one of those people who likes Citizen Kane and 2001: A Space Odyssey because they're good movies, not because I feel I'm supposed to.

Anyway, other anime I'm into include Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Cowboy Bebop and Pokemon, which I still unironically like. It's cheesy as hell and I love every moment of it. I also have a secret hidden folder of Yuri stuff, but we don't talk about that.

I have never used a smiley in my life.
Listening to Komm Susser Tod on loop. Back in three days.

At Reputable Dubbing Pictures (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGa4y4V6Ifov9zpZGUOMB5A), I have a Sonic abridged series containing elaborate NGE parodies. For some reason.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Welcome!

Kyoko Soryu wrote:I have never used a smiley in my life.

I'll admit I have succumbed to the practicality of smileys in rare occasions, but I am very much with you on this. Text is best.

Kyoko Soryu wrote:I also have a secret hidden folder of Yuri stuff, but we don't talk about that.

I'm sure Rose would like to know more.

Teti un
Embryo

Postby Teti un » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:42 am

Well hello hello there.
I've be lurking into this site like a rat at new york or like a pedophile at disneyland.
I am very shy person and now I discovered that I can't do greetings probably.
Well Evangelion was my first anime I've ever finished and it is still my favourite even to this day alongside the monogatari series
My favourite films are:EOE,Breathless and Une femme est une femme.
I LOVE the french new vawe so much it will take me a novel to explain.
I hope I will not be banned or something like that(I know this is a really wierd thing to say but I said it.)
Some crab

Footlong Shoe
Embryo

Postby Footlong Shoe » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi guys, I'm new.

Evangelion's pretty alright.

Teti un
Embryo

Postby Teti un » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:37 am

View Original PostFootlong Shoe wrote:Hi guys, I'm new.

Evangelion's pretty alright.

I just laughed at this for 5 min. for no reason
Some crab

Murikov
Embryo

Postby Murikov » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:28 am

Heya

Since I watched all Eva stuff, read through the official manga, AU universe stories and even played some spin-off VNs like GoS 1 & 2, I can't get this franchise quite out of my head. When I first started watching NGE earlier this year I couldn't imagine that soon later I'd already buy any corresponding artbooks, ceramic merchandise and even PVC figurines. It's quite crazy how obsessive this stuff can make and nowadays it doesn't surprise me anymore why Eva is such a big deal in Japan.

I've been lurking around this place for quite some time, very constructive discussions are being held around here. Thanks for all your contributions so far!
Last edited by Murikov on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:41 pm

I'm back. Not that anyone should notice. :wink:

Kit
Embryo

Postby Kit » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:50 am

hi.

I'm pretty much new but... not really in a sense. I signed up a while ago but never got around to posting. I have been an NGE fan for a long time, I think I first watched it when I was 12 or 13 or something. I'm 27 now, and even though I normally rewatch the series every year or two, I just recently rewatched it after about a 5 year hiatius and realized again how much I love it.

I guess it's nice to meet all of you, and it's especially nice to (re-)discover a forum that is still somewhat active.

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Hey guys, I just got signed up. Well, I've tried joining twice now, the first time was about a year ago with a different email address, but I never could get a verification email to show up. I apparently registered this account back in January of this year, but I had the same issue with never receiving an email, even after resending it over and over. I wanted to discuss something I thought was inaccurate on a Wiki page in the talk section, and found out I needed to be signed up already on the forums and request to have a Wiki account made, so I resent an activation email one more time, and it finally worked!

So, I'm pretty happy. I've been wanting to join in on conversations around here for about 2 years now; I started lurking about 3 years ago, but I didn't do more than look at a few threads until about a year and a half, or maybe up to 2 years ago. I'm planning to make up for all the lost time pretty soon, lol. It'll be nice to meet and get to know everyone.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:45 pm

I am back!

Howdy to all the new members!
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:31 pm

Welcome back, KnightmareX13! :highfive:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

C5 Hurricane
Embryo

Postby C5 Hurricane » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:14 pm

Yo! Evangelion was one of my earliest anime and this website seems very informative so I thought about registering, this account being the result.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Welcome aboard. ^_^ Have fun, be kind, respect staff directives and advice on conduct, and don't forget to read the rules.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Welcome back Kendrix!

As you can see from my Avatar I've gone a little nuts since you left us.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Welcome back, Kendrix!
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Return to “Old Stickies”