Do you think Anno did drugs?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

cunning linguist
Embryo

Re: Do you think Anno did drugs?

•      
  •      

Postby cunning linguist » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:54 pm

i would trip with anno. guy seems like he needs a spirit guide.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:11 am

I'mma just leave this here.

Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:03 pm

Shinji, Anno's main avatar in the show, is shown to have enjoyed that most basic of mammalian privileges, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Hide-chan also did. I know this is supposed to be a joke and all, but its purported humor depends on (intentionally?) not "getting" NGE.* Somehow I doubt the intention is ironic, either. Since AWL (that's AWL, right?) is going for the director's jugular -- not in particularly good taste -- I'm tempted to think that this says much more about her than anything else.

* (The breast falls under the pantheon of primordial maternal comforts embodying the long-desired lost paradise. Of course, you cannot lose something you never had.)

There's nothing I can say about the mushroom crack that the thread hasn't already said multiple times.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:16 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Shinji, Anno's main avatar in the show, is shown to have enjoyed that most basic of mammalian privileges, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Hide-chan also did. I know this is supposed to be a joke and all, but its purported humor depends on (intentionally?) not "getting" NGE.* Somehow I doubt the intention is ironic, either. Since AWL (that's AWL, right?) is going for the director's jugular -- not in particularly good taste -- I'm tempted to think that this says much more about her than anything else.

* (The breast falls under the pantheon of primordial maternal comforts embodying the long-desired lost paradise. Of course, you cannot lose something you never had.)

There's nothing I can say about the mushroom crack that the thread hasn't already said multiple times.
Yeah that's AWL, She appeared at my local con this year. Way back in April. Naturally she had her own panel on Eva.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

WillyBlonka
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby WillyBlonka » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:01 am

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised, Either way everything looks fucking cool in that show, Me personally I think Anno was trying to go for a more artistic and flashy route that he knew he personally would enjoy if that makes any sense. And judging by this whole forum being made, people clearly liked it.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:15 am

"Anno was not properly breasfed"

Really? My sister and me were bottle babies and we turned out fine all things considered. Can not being breastfed really mess a child's psychology up to the point where they'd make Evangelion?

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:18 am

wiki wrote:Prior to 2002, psilocybin mushrooms were widely available in Japan and were often sold in mail-order shops, online vendors and in head shops throughout Japan; according to Hideo Eno of Japan's Health Ministry narcotics division, prior to 2002, "You can find them [psilocybin mushrooms] anywhere."

Holy flurking schnit, billboard woman was right!

Meanwhile in the UK, the government has a list of chemicals you are allowed to enjoy in your body. An official list of 'life on which you get high.'
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Uh, you two, it says 'probably'.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:36 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Really? My sister and me were bottle babies and we turned out fine all things considered. Can not being breastfed really mess a child's psychology up to the point where they'd make Evangelion?

I was not breastfed and I have no inner working in my mind that could be on the same level as Eva. The joke (if one could call it that) really isn't that funny because it just doesn't make a lot of sense.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”