Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Wow, I was away for a bit and surprised nobody made a topic of this yet. Anyways, the sequel to Xenoverse is happening. It's not that surprising considering how well the first game sold.

PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7B7ZvcrOXQ
First Scan: http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/8415f79ff67 ... e8c37d.jpg

From the PV, the cutscenes look beautiful. We're getting a new hub world, and now you cab fly in it. Also, there are hints that your Custom Character from the first game can be imported to this sequel. Finally, it appears this game will cover more of the DBZ movies. Not much else is known - release window is 2016.

There are countless improvements to the battle system, to the customization, to the playable characters, and to the overall balance of the game that could be made. Lets hope they're not lazy and fix most of those issues.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:15 pm

I'm very shallow about my Dragon Ball games. The first question I always ask is "Does it have IGTs?" And if you don't know what that means, you are not hardcore enough. :tongue:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:53 pm

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:16 am

Xenoverse was the first DB game i thought was worth playing since Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Ultimate Butouden looked pretty good, but no English release and the only translation patch is a half-assed menu only translation, even though the main draw is the what-if scenarios.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:17 am

It's so very mean that this is released on the same day as World of Final Fantasy and The Last Gardian, and only a month after FFXV. Then Pokemon and.... Damn it I don't have the time nor money to play all these games!!!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:37 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:It's so very mean that this is released on the same day as World of Final Fantasy and The Last Gardian, and only a month after FFXV. Then Pokemon and.... Damn it I don't have the time nor money to play all these games!!!

You gotta be selective. As I grew older I realized there is no way I can play everything I want, certain things need to be sacrificed in favor of others. For instance, I decided to go for FF XV and Berserk Musou this fall over Pokemon and DBZ. Time is really the biggest factor for me these days.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”