Tell Me Your Dreams!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Re: Tell Me Your Dreams!

Postby cyharding » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:44 am

I think they mean any interesting dreams you have when you're sleeping.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Re:

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:19 pm

View Original PostStarShaper7 wrote:^ I often had dreams like that, maybe up until my early teens. I would resist waking up when I realized it wasn't real.

But now it seems like my subconscious is fixated on my death. :um:

At least, that's what most of the recent dreams I can remember lead me to believe.

Usually when I start dreaming of dying* or encountering very dead corpses**, it is an indication that I am way too stressed out due to chronic stress.

* The one that stands out is a dream where I was in a propeller plane and we were for some reason circling a big round mountain with a single bridge leading to it, a nice bridge with arches made of bricks, like they were built in the 19th and early 20th century, with a rail line on top. Round we go, round and round...and round. And there is the bridge, suddenly I'm in the cockpit, straight ahead is the bridge, and the pilots cannot do anything to avoid it and the last thing I see is a big red flash as the aircraft collides with the bridge and explodes, killing all aboard.
Woke up in sweat after that one and really had to put the light on and walk around to calm myself down.

** E.g. dreaming that we are taking a walk near the coast in forest close to some dunes, we walk over a bridge, and I glance at some trees and notice something. Looking better, I realize it is the dessicated corpse of a person who hanged themselves from a tree branch years ago, and I feel the chills running down my spine.

My latest weird dreams involved the following:
1) I am playing a Real-Time Strategy game against some schoolgirls...in a gymnastics hall...with full-size actual vehicles that I have to walk to to tell them to move to the proper spot, so they can fire their real missiles, bullets, or lasers at the enemy, which give digital CGI explosions that somehow still completely destroy the enemy for real, or do sabotage missions on the enemy vehicles. When I say "vehicles" I mean actual real-life designs (tanks and trucks), but also crazy very large mobile fortresses that vaguely looked like a building of my university (in- and outside). Both adversaries were playing about equally, but at a certain point I gained the advantage, at which point the perspective shifted out of the hall to the changing rooms, where a proposal was made to not destroy the girls' side in exchange for some...favours :huh: . Needless to say, the dream went rather downhill from there. :blush:
2) I am in an old building, which somewhat resembles another old university building, having a stand-off with some a-hole US secret service general who tries to make me confess that I am a criminal (and who looks suspiciously like Hannibal from the A-Team -o-; ). He threatens to sick his armed troops on me (RTS-fashion) from his 'secret' base in the desert, of which the location is perfectly known to me, unless I do as he says. (At this point I start to realize it is a dream, because the logic is even more out-of-whack than in my usual dreams.) Nevertheless, I play along, answering questions truthfully, which he doesn't believe, and then he drags me to a greenhouse with climbing plants, crossing the courtyard, which looks like that of a cute 18th century French castle, and I snap, confessing...something. (Here the dream has a major logic fail, as the confession is not accompanied by any corresponding emotional reaction, and I get somewhat awake). A discussion follows, and since the dream has turned rather lucid by that point, I tear the evil general a new one, by having one group of RTS-units decloak right on the other side of the street and put him under arrest for threatening the city with destruction if I did not confess, just after another group trashes his secret base and levels it to the ground (the general still tries a save by claiming his base is mostly underground, but my troops squash it anyway, leveling it to the underground). :mwahaha: Why can't real life be this satisfying?
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:30 pm

I had a not so pleasant dream today:

A party is going on in my house's garage. The garage itself has increased greatly in size, about four times bigger than its original size. I have no idea what the party is about but there are many people and also many televisions and consoles. There seems to be a large distinct group of people (teenage boys) playing in a variety of gaming systems, new and old. I can't really remember what they were playing, fighting games perhaps?

I leave the party, exhausted by all the activity and notice that my body is different, I am now a female. I react to this development with a shrug and climb the stairs towards my house. In the house I look at the television and notice many things-Wars in many countries!-Widespread poverty!-Conspirators identities of plot to overthrow the government identified! And I'm one of those conspirators.

I become concerned, I must hide or I will surely be killed. I need plastic surgery to change my face among many other things but my thoughts are broken by the presence of an homeless man at the gates of my house. I go down the stairs and notice the garage is emptied, where is everyone? I go toward the man-"Some food, please. The war rages on and I can't find a job!" I decide to give some food to the man. However, as I head toward the garage to look for food I realize: "What if he's here to kill me?" I look back and I see him trying to climb over the gate.

I run up the stairs, there is a secret chamber on the second floor of the house, I can hide there. And then what, wait for rescue? Who knows, I just had to hide. But as I climb the stairs I realize they have increased in number. I run and run, dreams love to do these things, don't they? When you most need to get away, everything gets in your path. But finally I reach the secret chamber and lock its door. I hear the assassin below:"Why are there so many stairs?" I hear I'm running through the house but he eventually gets tired and goes away. I'm safe, but I feel tired, I lean against the wall and try to sleep.

"Hello, thought you could run away, didn't you?" I'm surrounded by people and I'm helpless, lying in some kind of operating table and unable to move. Drugs, I guess.
"Don't worry, we'll let you live...but" a man in black clothes stands in front of me, the leader: "But, we have to make you pay for what you've done. We're changing your entire body, you'll look like a completely different person" He's smiling, pleased with this situation: "We'll break your bones, remove your limbs... and you'll get to see it all."
They snap one of my legs. It hurts, but not really, it's not real pain, but I feel an horribly unpleasant sensation that I can't describe.

They break more bones and begin to remove one of my legs but something stops them. Someone approaches. They have to leave. They trow my mess of a body into a bag and carry me somewhere else.

I'm floating over a city and I start to fall. The dream ends.

----

Well, I hadn't had one of these long complex dream in some time. Recently I've just had small, fragmentary things I can barely remember so this was a change of pace.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Cory Nick
Embryo

Postby Cory Nick » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:31 am

I have a big dream. I want to be a good man at first. Want to help the poor always until my death.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Mon May 02, 2016 9:22 am

Stumbled upon this piece of Jarek Kubicki art which gave me crazy deja vu: http://i.imgur.com/53kRFAv.jpg

Recalling a certain dark dream I had last year...
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:40 pm

Had a dream that everyone on Earth was under the control of a some sort of symbiotic hive-mind, but that they were unaware of it most of the time.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:31 am

So, a typical Friday night, then?

:tongue:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:39 am

I've dreamed recently than I was destroying the universe with somebody and we're happy.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

Postby GAP » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:42 pm

I once had a dream where I was in a scary disaster horror movie where we being attacked some strange monster and everyone died horrible deaths. I hadn't watched any horror movies as of late this month.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:37 pm

I dreamed that I was in the Korraverse during the part where Republic City is being evacuated during Kuvira's attack with the huge flame throwing robot and I was watching Pema give the line she said about she can handle evacuating the civilians since the hardest thing up till then that she's done was raising Meelo (BE THE LEAF! ^_^ ).
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:12 pm

The sunlight a weight on my shoulders, and the air sticky with the heat and sweetness of an August day, I was a priest for a primordial Mother Goddess who would not tell me her name, but who I knew dwarfed me with her all-consuming immensity.

My father on the balcony my grandfather had built from wood and stain, I yelled to him from the ground, and had the strength of reason and righteousness on my side. His existence had always been parasitic; his outward displays of aggression nothing more than the posturing of a neglected child. This he had always known, but lacked the introspection, and the honestly to dredge up into the conscious mind. My words were like the blows of a cane against a beaten dog, and when his shoulders slumped and his eyes glazed over, he drew back into the shade of the veranda, which I knew he would never leave again. When I ascended the stairs, and met him on the couch beneath the window, I said he had to now denounce his false cult of the father and son, or She Who Could Not Be Named would give me recourse to sever his cock from those folds which had once been labial in the womb. See the man-root, petrified into a desiccated husk like a cross-section of beehive left out in the sun. See it silent in the green stasis of that jelly in the glass jar.

He was already broken. There was no need for the knife.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:43 am

So the last two weeks or so, I've repeatedly dreamt that my parents took a new housecat (grey, fluffy) that was about the size of a large dog. :huh:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

cunning linguist
Embryo

Postby cunning linguist » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:54 pm

I have had recurring dreams of Andrew Dice Clay pissing on my face. Like he's giant, and just brutalizes my face with a firehose-sized stream. Is the Diceman trying to tell me something? Does he want to kill me? Do I want to kill him? Do I want to kill myself? Or is he trying to save me from some terrible pee-related death? I may never know. And sometimes Ric Flair is there too, just watching.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:11 am

I had a dream about all the Persona 4 characters getting trapped in a Fallout Vault as the nuclear apocalypse happened. Then that transitioned into some weird crap about kayaks and native americans, and I woke up when I got stabbed in the gut by a spear.

There was also a lot of weird sexual Freudian stuff that I don't feel like giving explicit detail about.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:59 pm

I had a dream about the election. :huh: In it, video surfaces that may implicate Hillary in something nefarious. The footage is surveillance camera footage of her and Bill in some bedroom with a bed and futon (the latter being what Hillary sleeps on), and in this bizarro dream world it's considered not only normal but expected that politicians are on camera all the time, even in their bedrooms. At first, from the angle and poor quality of the video, it looks like Hillary is doing something sexual with Bill but it turns out she's facing the other way and is actually just doing sit-ups. The presenter of the video apologizes for that. Then she gets up and does a duckwalk step that evolves into a weird forward hopping on one foot that seems like another exercise but is interpreted by the presenter as possibly Hillary finding an excuse to look natural going off-camera so she can do something nefarious out of public sight.

Then someone in a cheetah costume, perhaps body paint, emerges from the covers of the futon in a sensual rising motion and it becomes clear that this is some kind of embarrassing-but-harmless kinky sex party or something that has been accidentally caught on tape, and also that this show is actually a comedy show and this entire scenario was a farce the whole time.

I've started to dream in Jimmy Kimmel skits, and I don't even watch that show.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Dojyaaaan
Embryo

Postby Dojyaaaan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:09 pm

Awhile ago, I kept on having dreams of the last day of school. With so many different outcomes. Some of them made no sense.
It was a long, long, roundabout path...

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:12 pm

I had another Korra dream in which takes place during season 4 where the Beifong family is reunited after most are captured by Kuvira. There was this scenario playing in my head about Lin dying and not getting the chance to make peace with her mother Toph which will haunt her for the rest of her days at the swamp.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:49 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I had a dream about the election. :huh: In it, video surfaces that may implicate Hillary in something nefarious. The footage is surveillance camera footage of her and Bill in some bedroom with a bed and futon (the latter being what Hillary sleeps on), and in this bizarro dream world it's considered not only normal but expected that politicians are on camera all the time, even in their bedrooms. At first, from the angle and poor quality of the video, it looks like Hillary is doing something sexual with Bill but it turns out she's facing the other way and is actually just doing sit-ups. The presenter of the video apologizes for that. Then she gets up and does a duckwalk step that evolves into a weird forward hopping on one foot that seems like another exercise but is interpreted by the presenter as possibly Hillary finding an excuse to look natural going off-camera so she can do something nefarious out of public sight.

Then someone in a cheetah costume, perhaps body paint, emerges from the covers of the futon in a sensual rising motion and it becomes clear that this is some kind of embarrassing-but-harmless kinky sex party or something that has been accidentally caught on tape, and also that this show is actually a comedy show and this entire scenario was a farce the whole time.

I've started to dream in Jimmy Kimmel skits, and I don't even watch that show.

Maybe it's a premonition? :D Alas, I fear Hillary's IRL antics are far worse than mere furry sex parties.

Anyway, I had a very confusing dream last night. At one point me, my sister and my father (ugh) visited a series of underwater caves (from an earlier dream) that could only be entered in a pressurized diving suit. Bizarrely enough, the (now greatly reduced) caves seemed to lead to the seaside at Worthing this time around...which was under attack by an Argentinian warship, who were bombarding the sea front with naval gun fire. Somehow when we surfaced we were on the HMS Belfast, which last time I checked was supposed to be on the River Thames. It goes full speed ahead towards the Argentinian vessel, and my dad, fancying himself as a captain, orders the Belfast to open fire. Now, as you may know, WW2 naval guns were obscenely large and very powerful, so should have made short work of the Argie ship. Unfortunately, whilst the engines had evidently been restored on the Belfast, the weapons systems had not. As such, there was a change of plan and we bailed from the ship and back underwater...where we witnessed a flying Royal Navy destroyer swoop in and vanquish the Argentinian ship. Strangely enough, in the water around Worthing were a great deal of wrecked battleships...one of which had a miniature convenience store inside, still staffed.

Later, after a brief 40K related interlude, the dream changed completely. Now, me, my sister and my mother were on holiday in South Korea for...some reason. For what it's worth I would never choose this in a million years, as A: I'm not terribly fond of Korea, and B: The whole government has just been outed as under the control of a cabal of 8 billionaires in a plot straight out of a really shitty anime. (That's not part of the dream by the way. That actually happened.) Anyway, getting there was a nightmare as once we got off the plane there was a whole host of train journeys on a network clearly designed by Tzeentch. Then when we finally got to the hotel, it was no better- the corridors and stairways were at once transparent and mirrored, which made navigating them disorientating to say the least. On top of that, the staff were rude and the room was crap. Then, thank goodness, I woke up.

TLDR: Nautical Nonsense and Korean Calamity.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:26 am

I had a dream concerning the original Ghost in the Shell movie where most parts were being played out in my head with the slight difference that instead of Batou serving as Motoko's central partner, it was Togusa this time around with me playing his part.

There was even a new scene where Togusa gets bullied by hecklers and instead of stomping them to the ground, he hesitates which gets him beat up by them. It got me wondering if it was a sign about my old school days when I got bullied and I tried to fight back, but my fists would always hold back from laying the smackdown. But it got remedied in an interesting way since Togusa got to get laid by Motoko. Wonder how he explains that to his wife...

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Director Black » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:07 pm

Last night, I dreamt I was a man who assigned to dig two holes around my fictional kingdom I lived in and the rival kingdom underneath. Eventually, I realized that the ruler of my kingdom was using it to start a war between the other kingdom...and that's all I remember.

All I can say to this is I found my new idea for a short film.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”