Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2015 to now

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:41 pm

The Girl Who Leaped Through Time

So far with the inclusion of this movie, I have now seen two Mamoru Hosoda films which would be this one and Summer Wars. Technically four due to his Digimon Adventure films. Of the two official ones nonetheless, this one takes the cake and the coffee. Beautiful film visually and atmospherically with it's touching tale of young love. I will definitely be on the lookout for Wolf Children and The Boy and the Beast when I get the chance so I can be caught up on everything Hosoda-san has accomplished.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Joy Evangelion » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:34 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I think Kiznaiver ended way too quickly for its own good. More time to focus on the characters would have been better than the ending, which ultimately felt rather rushed.

I was actually super surprised when I found out this wasn't going 26 episodes, since the first couple episodes didn't feel like they belonged to a twelve episode anime. Definitely woulda been nice for them to be connected for a couple more episodes, but I still enjoyed it all the same. And compared to Haifuri's character development, Kiznaiver looked like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Speaking of which,
Justacrazyguy wrote:
Haifuri: No stakes the anime. Was I supposed to care about any of this?

SPOILER: Show
Boohoo, their boat sank in the end, cry me a river. Maybe you could have actual deaths happening and some shady conspiracy going on in the background instead of SPACE RATS.

Nah, I don't think so we were supposed to care a bit. I'm incredibly tolerant of any anime that ain't harem so I still pretty much dug it, but I'm not sad at all to see it go.
And yea, saluting the boat was a bit of a "as a viewer I'm supposed to be sad about this but I'm totally fine with it" moment. AND how did that damn thing even make it back to dry land????

Still can't believe they used the tenth episode to have a festival episode, just when things were sort of getting exciting with battles. In some annimays(Magical Young Lady Madoka) the tenth episode of a twelve part series can be super meaningful and set up a nice conclusion, in High School Fleet we get a talent show. :lol:

So they did tanks and boats, next I assume we'll get young girls flying WWII aircraft, with or without some mind controlling flying squirrels or something.

Joy Evangelion wrote:But, dammit, that title is false advertising. :tongue:

That Flying Witch really made me eat my words with the last two episodes. The whale shaped cloud was definitely one of my favorite moments of the season, and Makoto's trip to the fabric store was a nice conclusion to the series for me, since it brought back the whole Makoto is a space cadet thing and made for some sweet Chito moments(cats).

After it's all said and done, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is still my anime of the year. Looking forward to Love Live Sunshine, Orange, Relife, and some others this week.

Gus Hanson wrote:Wolf Children

That one has my favorite anime OST of..all..timeee. The film itself I'm pretty "eh" on, but that soundtrack is very, very beautiful.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:10 pm

Highschool of the Dead episode 2

I'll just flat out state it: Takagi is annoying!!! :um: When it's not bullying Hirano, it's killing the good vibe the group was having with their intro to each other. Another matter is whether or not it was the dub's choice to add in that Christian Dior line to the nurse getting her skirt ripped open by Saeko. :huh:
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

Postby chazthesilencer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:13 am

Gus, it should be very obvious the dubbers were having a laugh and fifteening the script at every opportunity. Sarah f*ckin’ Palin.
If the show itself wasn’t a guilty pleasure enough, the dub manages to make it that little bit guiltier and pleasurable.

My eyes rolled after episode 10 of The Lost Village. Accelerated aging? That’s just silly.
At least I was rewarded with another round of the Hippopotamus song at the end. Interesting show.

Food Wars’ ending became tedious with the curry competition.
When a hard-arse, snobby judge is finally made to break down and rate a dish highly after an amusing flavorgasm, it’s satisfying to see a named character accomplish it… but the feat loses its impact after the fourth consecutive time.
Looking forward to the next season.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Bl

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:45 am

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:Food Wars’ ending became tedious with the curry competition.
When a hard-arse, snobby judge is finally made to break down and rate a dish highly after an amusing flavorgasm, it’s satisfying to see a named character accomplish it… but the feat loses its impact after the fourth consecutive time.
Looking forward to the next season.

Definitely a moment where the formula to the show is made bear to the viewer. Easy to get swept up in when paced right, but here, you had virtually all of the moments for the extended cast in a single episode.

Equally, I think they should of had her tear down a few named character to better build her up. Make her threat a more omnipresent reality, rather than something any named character can side-step with ease.

Kuromukuro ep12

Theory: The hinting that Kennosuke pulled a Goku/Revan is a red herring. The real "traitor" was the Princess.
The blue-robot-whose-not-Dad is the MIA co-pilot Kennosuke replaced.

Haven't thought of how the aliens could be doppelgängers of others from his time; other than that they're probably cylons.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:22 am

So how did the last season's shows all end up for me?

Well, Flying Witch didn't improve in the end in my view; it remained to the end nothing more than pleasantly vacuous. A waste of time, but not an unpleasant way to waste time if that's what you want to do. OK, I suppose?

Space Patrol Luluco was also rather insubstantial, but in this case it was fun as well. I enjoyed it thoroughly, while simultaneously thinking it was very silly. I think that counts as a thumbs up - pretty good.

Mayoiga (The Lost Village) rather lost its way (ha!).There were interesting ideas, and even the ending was OK; but it had the feeling that it wasn't properly worked out, which led to it being unclear what was going on rather too often. And (as I've already said) although the main thesis of the ending was OK, I found some details of it unsatisfactory. So, the idea was interesting, but the execution was too flawed to rate it better than OKish.

Kiznaiver was definitely the best of the four shows I followed, but as others have said they muffed the ending - too sudden, and not as well worked out as it should have been. Even making the last episode into two would have helped enormously. I'd still call it Very Good, but qualified.

I am now occupying myself with reviewing a few things; currently I'm 3/4 way through Bokura ga ita (We were there) which is as good as I judged it to be first time through. Top tier, if you're into romance - soppy, perhaps, but with a gritty heart. (And a reminder that the anime is only half the story - the manga continues after a timeskip of several years, and ramps the intensity up even more.)

Coming up next will be Space Runaway Ideon - I've seen the films, but want to try the full series. Then probably Space Battleship Yamato 2199
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:37 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote: Then probably Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Great choice! Have you seen the original series?
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:52 am

No. Is it necessary or helpful to?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:07 am

With 2199 being a remake, there are obviously tons of references to the older show, references I really enjoyed getting when I first watched. It was also great seeing how many things were different between the two shows.

This said, the best reason to watch the original is that it holds up. It took me some time to get used to the old animation, sure. But if one gets past that there's a good show underneath. I should note I'm talking about the first series, I have not seen Yamato 2 and 3 and I don't know how good they are.

To answer your question: No, you don't need to watch the original, but I recommend it, since it can make you enjoy 2199 much more.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:23 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:Gus, it should be very obvious the dubbers were having a laugh and fifteening the script at every opportunity. Sarah f*ckin’ Palin.
If the show itself wasn’t a guilty pleasure enough, the dub manages to make it that little bit guiltier and pleasurable.

I guess it's to be expected since Sentai Filmworks is technically ADV Films reincarnated and also I can still remember an episode of Generator Gawl where Masami's mom said something concerning Marilyn Manson which I could safely say wasn't part of the Japanese sub since Manson wasn't really a thing till '99 when the Matrix got big and Gawl originally came out in Japan in '98.

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

Postby chazthesilencer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:32 am

Ah, Gawl. Holds a special place in my heart, this one. My first ever R1 DVD purchase.

If nothing else- ADV could make a script funnier.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Glor » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:51 am

Watched a couple episodes of Angel Beats. I thought this was going to be happy fun times.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:02 pm

View Original PostGlor wrote:Watched a couple episodes of Angel Beats. I thought this was going to be happy fun times.

Angel Beats! is in my top anime, but it didn't really hook me with the first couple episodes. Since the cast of characters is numerous and pretty diverse I think it takes a few episodes to start feelings like you know them. Plus the show is a bit all over the place with oddball humor and action and feigned Seriousness and actual seriousness, so it takes a bit getting used to. Once it hits its stride though, it's a really sweet animay. Jun Maeda is my dude.

The one Key show that really threw me off though was that Little Busters, which I thought was going to be about baseball.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Glor » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Oh, it's had me hooked and I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would. The comedic timing is spot on. I just wasn't expecting it to take such a dark turn, especially since 90% of each episode is wacky anime shenanigans.

EDIT: T.K. is my favorite.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

robersora
Laissez-faire in Moderation

Postby robersora » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:21 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:The season is ending so let me give a few brief impressions of the shows I watched so robersora isn't the only person that does it(please keep doing those big posts robersora, they remind of better days when this subforum had more activity)

Thank you very much for appreciating it. I really try my hardest to force some activity onto here, but one guy can do only so much. I hope we can make this subforum blossom again, together! So thank you for sharing your thoughts as well!

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Kiznaiver:
But hey, I said it was above average didn't I? We have the visuals and directing to thank for that. Kiznaiver is a good looking show and a few of the latter dramatic reveals are quite nicely executed, just don't expect any more substance out of it or you'll be disappointed.

I just hope this crew can secure a great writer for the next show.

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Concrete Revolutio: The second season wasn't as strong as the first(mostly because of some sub par stand alone episodes) but the ending concluded the series wonderfully. Getting into this one might be a little though but it is worth it.

Man, I hope I can overlook they eye-cancery visuals and the hard-to-follow writing from Episode one. This really seems to be a tough nut to crack, with pure gold inside of it.

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou: You don't need to like DJs to see this one. It's short, fun, funny and has some great characters(Oily-San is the best). I recommend it.

I was kinda bored by Episode

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Super Lovers : Gay people doing gay things. It sucks.

I'd love to see a legitimately good show about gay people doing gay things. Hopefully Doukyuusei will please me.

View Original PostCosmo11 wrote:Finished Death Note a few days ago. I enjoyed it overall, though I did have a few issues with it. Mostly in how it would go ridiculously over the top on ordinairy actions and I couldn't take some scenes seriously as a result.

There's a reason for the memefication of Light's first Death Note - gasm after all :D

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote:Well, my roommate had never seen what is probably the second most infamous "Eva clone" and we're watching Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure together! I'm even making Japanese style curry tonight for our continued marathon. Also, how come the forum has multiple 100 post topics discussing Rahxephon vs Eva but Dual only ever gets little mentions! Has anyone even ever brought up Platinumhugen Ordian even? That's kind of the third in the holy trinity of Eva inspired shows for me.

Fascinating, never heard of it. Tell me more.

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I finally stopped putting off Michiko & Hatchin and burned through enough of the show to conclude the two-parter bull-fighting episodes. That show can get pretty heavy relatively quickly, and then just as quickly go for a few episodes of lighthearted fun. I'm really kind of loving the show's execution of its narrative dancing through these extremely diverse emotional tones.

I need to rewatch this show. To me it was much better than El Cazador de La Bruja, but sadly not quite as pretty all the way through, and without the luxury of some Kajiura songs. It felt very Watanabe to me, which is always a good thing, though.

View Original PostRay wrote:Finished Up Fujiko Mine after a while of putting it off. . . and while I wouldn't say I walked away disappointed. I will say, I was expecting more. The Final twist was kind of a let down. For me personally.

Yes, it feels like a cheat in the end, but I have to say it is very much in Lupin tradition, so I kinda came to accept it. The show's designs are gorgeous, but sadly they couldn't quite manage to make it move. There's a movie that's fixing that problem, though. And the new Lupin season also does a much better job bringing the characters to life. That voice in that opening, though. It's tickling my prostate and sucking my dick. Why isn't Hashimoto Ichiko getting more voice work, dammnit! She was perfect as Ayato's mom in Rahxephon!

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:The Girl Who Leaped Through Time
this one takes the cake and the coffee. Beautiful film visually and atmospherically...

Oh yeah, this one might be one of my favourite Anime movies, despite the hackneyed finale, I can't help but love it. I'm really curious about the Boy and the Beast, myself.

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Highschool of the Dead episode 2

Quite the change of pace, after Hosada!

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:I And compared to Haifuri's character development, Kiznaiver looked like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

:lol:

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:That Flying Witch really made me eat my words with the last two episodes. The whale shaped cloud was definitely one of my favorite moments of the season.

Yeah, this and the Mandrake of Ep. 1 and the Coffee House Episodes are things I'll remember for a long time.

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:After it's all said and done, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is still my anime of the year.

If Diamond manages to keep it up, it might take the cake. While I loved Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, looking back on it, I feel little emotional investment... I'm very much looking forward to S2, though.

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:Watched that Ergo Proxy over the last week, and basically found it to be right up my alley, though the deeper meanings of heavier works tend to go way over my head on the first viewing and this one wasn't much different. I'm an idiot, oh well. But I felt that the show had a certain style(goth-y or something) that had me really happy just watching it. The character designs (Re L and Vincent's outfits, Pino's animal suit) were some of my favorites in an animae, and the idea of all of these domes in an otherwise barren landscape made for a really great concept. Especially loved the nuttier episodes, i.e. the quiz show, Smileland, and the one with the dopplegangers or whatever they were. Definitely looking forward to rewatching this one down the line.

I needed 4 tries to finally watch it. I remember liking it in the end. Back then I was pretty mopey, though, so I don't know, how I like it's overt drearyness today. I still love the design of Re-L though. One of my favourite designs of a female in Anime. Glad we're on board the Re-L train :D. Also, the Quiz-show Episode is awesome and is fun to watch even outside of rewatching the show. There's a video on youtube where some professor talks about Ergo Proxy's themes, but he's a very bad talker, so it's a chore to sit through. He does say some interesting stuff, though.

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:My eyes rolled after episode 10 of The Lost Village. Accelerated aging? That’s just silly.
At least I was rewarded with another round of the Hippopotamus song at the end. Interesting show.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but everything about this show was silly.
This song will solidify itself as Yoko Kanno's best work. ‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Mayoiga (The Lost Village) rather lost its way (ha!).There were interesting ideas, and even the ending was OK; but it had the feeling that it wasn't properly worked out, which led to it being unclear what was going on rather too often. And (as I've already said) although the main thesis of the ending was OK, I found some details of it unsatisfactory. So, the idea was interesting, but the execution was too flawed to rate it better than OKish.

If you did anything else than grin or laugh all the way through each Episode, you're seriously diminishing the fun factor of the show for yourself.

View Original PostGlor wrote: Angel Beats.

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:Angel Beats! i

I remember that show. Back then I was bewildered by it's zany change of gears, and found it overtly melodramatic. It was very funny, but all the emotional beat fell completely flat to me and felt like a dumb version of Haibane Renmei. But this was ages ago, I was still a teenager and only into "serious Anime". I really need to rewatch that. I still think its character design is atrocious, though. I just hate the Key-look. While they are well-realized they feel just so generic and uncreative.

Now onto my finalized feelings for most of the Spring shows I've watched. (Haven't finished Kabaneri yet).

Hero Academia and Sailor Crystal are a perfect example of how extremely flawed shows get evaluated differently due to personal emotional connection with the source material.

Boku no Hero Academia was so frustrating, I legitimately feel angry about wasting my time watching not only the recaps at the beginning of the Episodes. It was the second coming of Soul Eater. A great, creative first Episode slowly devolves into talking heads that’s a chore to sit through. I often found myself screaming internally „MOVE THE FUCK ON!!“ There is a fun and cool story at its core, but they stretched it out so much, its underlying greatness shines through strangely deformed. Yes, stalling for time is something I cannot handle. I certainly won’t come back for S2, unless they speed up the adaption rate significantly.
2/10

Sailor Moon Crystal, on the other hand had enough of a nostalgia-bonus I easily was able to turn a blind eye to the glaring issues. While the story isn’t stretched out like the original series, it still feels manufactured; though much less so than the first two Crystal iterations. Sailor Saturn’s transformation was awesome, but the finale was rather lackluster - especially compared to the absolute peak in emotion and atmosphere that ended Super.
Still, it’s not a train wreck and I’ll happily be watching the next Season.
5/10

Jojo’s Diamond is just breathtakingly awesome. How can be something so absurd and emotionally engaging at the same time is beyond me. I love the art direction, and I’m more than ready for the second cour.

Luluco was a fun ride, with a lovely cast, but the cameo-arc could have been cut. Season 1, 3&4 were pretty cool, though. But it’s zany, it’s crazy, it’s fun, it’s stupid. It’s pure Imaishi. I really loved the final Episode though, which was crammed with allusions from 3.0 over Diebuster to FLCL. I’m really curious to see what he’ll tackle next - I’m definitely looking forward to the LWA-series, though!
I think this might have been the best short Anime I’ve seen so far.
5/10
The full version of the Ending is a let-down too, teddy loyd surely played it boringly safe with this one.

flying witch was the best iyashikei show I’ve seen since K-On! & NieA_7. Even if they were just doing rather normal stuff, it was never boring, because they really managed to make the setting come to life. Also, the characters are so nice to watch! Akane was my favorite, but Chinatsu was finally a child character I could get behind. She wasn’t obnoxious and her mannerisms and way of talking made her believable. Now and then something truly magical did happen, which always felt really special, because they used it so sparingly. It’s not a genre I’m too big into, but this one’s one of the greats.
I’m kinda sad, I maybe won’t see this cast again, which makes it at least a
8/10

Kiznaiver’s premise was extremely silly and it’s underlying feeling pretty adolescent. Not that that’s a bad thing, in fact given the subject matter it reminded me of a lesser version of FLCL. I liked that the researchers haven’t been portrayed as devils, and I also came to like the characters extremely, despite the issues of being a little too rushed. Overall it’s a very flawed, but true ringing narrative. If you’re able to buy into its premise, you’re being rewarded with some stand-out moments in almost every Episode. The thing that made it so much better for me is the fact, that it’s unbelievably gorgeous looking and sounding. This might be the best-looking TV show ever - or at least the most appealing to me. I was regularly blown away. Just wow.
So for me, it’s a great show, and I’ll gladly forgive its many hiccups for its ambition and capability to dazzle me with beauty.
8/10
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby MuscleRobo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:56 pm

View Original Postrobersora wrote:Fascinating, never heard of it. Tell me more.

Well it's by one of the original Tenchi Muyo! writers, don't get your hopes up he's widely considered the worst of the team. However, he is the only person still writing Tenchi and is solely responsible for the weaker later installments like GXP, OVA 3, Wings of geminar and the upcoming OVA 4. This is esstianally Tenchi Muyo meets Evangelion as well. The pilots have "sympathy ratios" there's a mysterious silent girl who was a pilot before him, a foreign girl moves in with him, etc. etc. However, once you get past the eva cloniness it becomes a cute little mecha series! The basic premise is there are many alternate universes but one boy can see flashes of one other universe, hence the term Dual, and gets transported to it. The first few episodes are really just heavy on exposition and eva clone-ness but after that it just becomes Tenchi, or El Hazard or even Love hina crossed with Eva. The main plot of a few episodes is even something silly like a girl losing something or a big project for school with the mech battles as just things that happen in them. Despite how harsh I was on it I highly reccomend it, it's only 14 episodes and really cute! Also the second half of the series comes into its own with a more unique plot. Plus you and your friends can have a whole new best girl argument!
Last edited by MuscleRobo on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Thank you very much for appreciating it. I really try my hardest to force some activity onto here, but one guy can do only so much. I hope we can make this subforum blossom again, together! So thank you for sharing your thoughts as well!

Now I'm blushing. I wish I posted more, but I always overthink everything and end up not posting anything.
I can't do those awesome reviews Xard did, but I hope people at least aren't annoyed by my simplistic writing.

Luluco
I think this might have been the best short Anime I’ve seen so far.
5/10

It's the best short anime you ever watched and it's only a 5?

---

Kabaneri: I saw a blogger describe this one as a enjoyable action B series.That isn't exactly how I feel but it's close enough. Don't think too hard, enjoy the cool animation and bombastic music and you'll have a good time. Of course, there are many that aren't satisfied by that, witch is understandable.
One thing I was happy about was the fast pacing. Having watched AoT and knowing this had the same director, I was concerned I'd have another 4 episodes of moving a boulder out of train tracks. Clearly, this was a stupid concern, since this series had only 12 episodes and no hope of a sequel.
Some people spoke of a gradual loss in quality trough the episodes but aside from the animation(witch was expected) I didn't really notice anything.

As for the ending...

I found it to be a little too happy, with almost nobody dying and all our heroes leaving the completely destroyed city with a happy look on their faces, as if nothing had happened.

In conclusion, tun off your brain and enjoy the pretty blood splatters.

robersora

Postby robersora » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:22 pm

^
^
Sadly no one watches Anime with me and I personally favor cute guys :(

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Now I'm blushing. I wish I posted more, but I always overthink everything and end up not posting anything.
I can't do those awesome reviews Xard did, but I hope people at least aren't annoyed by my simplistic writing.

Well, Xard is Xard. I'm not the best writer myself, but I don't think that should stop us using the forum as it's supposed to be used :)

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:It's the best short anime you ever watched and it's only a 5?

Yeah, out of all the short Anime I've seen it's the best. It's a perfectly fine, entertaining show, I'll forget soon, but wasn't annoyed of.

---

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Kabaneri:
In conclusion, tun off your brain and enjoy the pretty blood splatters.

I still have to watch the finale, but this pretty much sums it up, I guess.
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:23 pm

View Original Postrobersora wrote:Flying Witch. ... Also, the characters are so nice to watch!

I guess you mean the characterisation was nice. But I found much of the animation curiously stilted. Since you mentioned Niea_7, I'll just remark that I much preferred that to this.

View Original Postrobersora wrote:Kiznaiver ... The thing that made it so much better for me is the fact, that it’s unbelievably gorgeous looking and sounding. This might be the best-looking TV show ever - or at least the most appealing to me. I was regularly blown away. Just wow.

I don't get why people say that. It's quite distinctive; but I have a feeling that it will date more than many other shows.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:18 am

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Old Stickies”