Whats Your Top 5 Evangelion Fights/Moments

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Evangelion Unit 13
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion Unit 13 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:37 am

Yay, this is my first "post" (Technically it's a reply)

1. Clockiel and Unit 02 with S-Type Equipment

Because Clockiel is my favourite Angel. It looks cool, freezes water with its A.T Field AND creates crosses out of water to destroy ships. :O

2. Ramiel and Unit 01 with Positron Rifle

Because the beams are ridiculously overpowered, and Ramiel's scream is chilling. Also, Ramiel levels a MOUNTAIN.

3. Zeruel and Unit 01, 00 & 02

Because it was lengthy, had its share of acceptable violence (Acceptable as in not as violent as the EoE MP Eva and Asuka fight), and was crucial to the plot.

4. Bardiel and Unit 01 with Dummy System (Goltha Base Build)

Because it had a lot of impact. Seeing Shinji, in his childish and indecisive state, watching in horror as
the Dummy System absolutely eviscerates Bardiel gives you the chills. Also, the last part where the Entry Plug is crushed.

5. MP Evas and Unit 02

Well, I chose this one over the 4 Eva fight in Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo because I think that the Eva 3.33 fight was not as impacting as this one (See what I did there?). Watching the MP Evas absolutely eviscerate Eva 02 and seeing the consequences physically on Asuka just scares you.
Sweet Jesus, it's an Anti A.T Field! :(

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Whats Your Top 5 Evangelion Fights/Moments

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:20 am

5:Shinji vs Kaworu
4: Asuka vs Seele
3:The beginnig of the Human Instrumetaly Project
2:The ending
1:Asuka vs Arael
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

silvermoonlight
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:23 am

1. Asuka Eva 02 vs mass production eva's From EOE
2. Asuka vs the Rei's unit in 3.33 (When she goes in to beast mode then rips its head off)
3. Rei destroying Arael (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
4. Unit 01 going berserk and destroying and eating Zeruel (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
5. All three units taking on Sahaquiel in 2.22
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

NONAME
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NONAME » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:00 pm

1. The end of NGE TV. Omedeto!
2. Unit 02 vs Eva series.
3. Shinji and Asuka vs Israfel.
4. Misato confession to Kaji.
5. Ritsuko destroys the Rei clones.
Morning... The start of today... The start of an unpleasant day... I don't like it.

ErgoProxy
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:47 am

The best 5 moments, hm...

5. Asuka vs. Harpies is full of great moments of course, but if I had to choose one, I'd credit the moment when Unit 02 gets out of the water. Perfectly animated.

4. Return of Lance of Longinus from the Moon, mostly thanks to great work of sound FX people.

3. Asuka's ascencion onto orbit (yeah, I'm pretty much a space freak).

2. "Do you feel good?" moment in the real life sequence from EoE. It was the second time in my life I had that eidetic impression that I entered a fictional world and I accompany characters hand in hand, so that if I spoke, they would hear me and react.

Aaand the toppest of the top moments:

1. The whole Operation Yashima in NTE is pretty much awesome, but the best moment is when Shinji is placing his gun back onto firing position and all those nameless people are shown working to allow him to fire again. You are (not) alone indeed.
JUSTICE & MERCY

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:12 am

Good lists. Except for the NTE stuff, you uncultured plebs. Haha, nah, I'm just kidding, you guys are alright. Unit-01(EDIT: UNIT-13) battling Unit-02 on a mountain of skulls? How is that not cool? I swear that's not sarcasm. It was pretty awesome.

1. My absolute favorite scene is from Episode 16, when Unit-01 has been devoured by Leliel. That scene where the Eva awakens and Shinji, through bits of memory and impression, meets his mother - for just a moment - has always stuck with me. If I had to pick a favorite episode, it'd be 16.

2. Uh, the scene in the DC when Asuka flips out in the bathroom. My feels.

3. Asuka's mind-rape from the DC. I like the cycling bits of her personality shattering after every reiteration. Train hub sequence is also pretty haunting.

4. The Ode to Joy scene from episode 24. That was actually the first episode of NGE I ever watched. Had to go back and figure out what the fuck.

5. I suppose the last one would be from episode 9, when Asuka storms off and Shinji finds her in the convenience store, his reflection sitting right next to hers in the glass of the open door.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:09 pm

1. Harpies

2. Zeruel

3. Komm, süßer Tod

4. The beach

5. The kiss
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:35 pm

This is really hard for me (Beside No. 1).

In terms of Fights:

1: Asuka vs. The MPEs
2: Unit 01 vs. Zeurel
3: Units 01, 02, 03 vs. Matarael
4: Units 01 and 00 vs. Ramiel
5: Unit 02 vs. Sandalphon

Now in terms of moments...

1: Shinji's final words to his mother
2: Asuka's Mind Rape
3: Unit 01 breaking out of Leliel
4: Rei talking to Armisael
5: The entire Instrumentality sequence
Last edited by Director Black on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

King PenPenPen
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby King PenPenPen » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:34 pm

There are so many to pick from it is difficult to narrow it down to a mere five but these are my top five moments.

1. Asuka vs Eva Series
2. Komm süsser Tod
3. Shinji and Asuka vs Israfel
4. Congratulations!
5. Eva Unit-01 vs Bardiel (NGE version)
I need an Eva to clobber that there Angel!

Javik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Javik » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:37 pm

Mine are pretty typical so I won't be suprised if other people had these on their lists.
1. The third Impact - my favorite scene in film, driggered all my neurons in ways I never knew were possible
2. Misato's death scene - of course not because she died, Misato is my favorite character and this scene was just so powerful and heart-cluthing for me
3. Eva devouring the s^2 engine - not a suprise, Mitsuo Iso is a god and just the sheer power of this scene and combined with just how weird and disgusting it was
4. Asuka's fight scene - this is just one of the best animated fights I've seen and definitely the best animated mecha fights I've watched, again Mitsuo Iso, this time combined with Yoshinari made something amazin
5. Kaji's phone message to Misato - Kaji is probably my second favorite character and just seeing what it did to Misato and Shinji's inability to do anything crushed my littl heart to pieces

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Fights:

5. Evas 0, 1, 2 vs Matarael
4.Eva 1 vs Sachiel
3.Eva 1 vs Bardiel
2.Asuka vs. MPEs (pre-reactivation)
1.Eva 1 vs Zeruel

Moments:

5. When Shinji chokes Asuka in pre-instumentality
4.Rei using the Lance of Longinus
3.Misato and Kaji's kiss
2.Ritsuko's break down at the Reiquarium
1. Shinji meeting Kaworu (specifically when Shinji blushes)

Notable mentions:

Ritsuko in Terminal Dogma, Rei reading her book trying to ignore Asuka, the dance of destruction against Israfel, Misato's rescue of Shinji from Sachiel, and pretty much any scene with Pen Pen (sans when he rejects Misato, when Misato gives him away, and when he peeps on Shinji and Asuka during pre-instrumentality).
Last edited by SawItAtAge10 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:18 am

View Original PostReichu wrote: I'm sticking to original series on account of these scenes having affected me fifteen years ago when I was still moderately young and impressionable. This shit is planted deep in my psyche, yo. The new movies have some impressive sequences, but they will never captivate me on the same level, never touch me as deeply.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more about NGE vs. the Rebuild films and their "impact(s)" :p

Seriously though, it's awesome that we chose some of the same scenes/moments :D
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

TheReiIsBae
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheReiIsBae » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Hm, I am gonna choose not to put them in order, because I just love them all!
Keep in mind, most of these are moments.

- [Rebuild 2.0] Shinji doing what he wants for once and (attempting) to save Rei / Rei sacrificing herself for him.
- [Rebuild 1.0 / NGE] Rei smiling to Shinji after Operation Yashima
- [NGE - Director's Cut] Asuka's mind-violation hurt my feels for some reason, keep in mind I really like Asuka.
- [EoE] When Asuka caresses Shinji's face, causing him to start crying and stop choking her. (In my mind, her way of accepting him.)
- [NGE - Director's Cut] The kiss scene between Asuka and Shinji and then afterward when she cried because he didn't hold her back. (This might be my favorite, I'm sorry)

My Favorite Fight
- [EoE] Asuka v MPEs irritated me because I knew Shinji could've helped her out, but he was just too upset at the time to act and "save" her. Nonetheless, the sheer emotion of awesome I felt from her beating them to a pulp, only to be shot into deep desperation as she was being "killed". It was put in my mind forever.

I'm ship trash, please don't hate me. -o-;
"Don't lose your REEEEEEIIIIII"

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:28 am

I'm going to go with, in no particular order...

- Mari vs. Zeruel (Still keeps the futility of the original fight, but I prefer it to Unit-02 just standing around and shooting)
- Wille vs. Nerv in Central Dogma (The RS Hoppers make for some fantastic weapons, and the whole thing is just fun to watch)
- "Congratulations!"/EOTV (An unambiguously happy ending for Shinji...)
- Shinji and Leliel's chat (I have no idea, I just really like it)
- Shinji and Asuka versus Koh and Otsu/Israfel Alpha and Beta (Do I even need to say it?)
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

mammaluser
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:52 am

1-Dummy plug vs Bardiel (Both in NGE and 2.22)
2-Asuka vs MP evas in EoE
3-Ramiel fight in 1.11
4-Episode 16 overall
5-Eva 01 awakening (Both in NGE and 2.22)
"I wish that i could turn back time..."

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:23 am

1) Unit-01 vs. Sachiel (NGETV/Rebuild) - Best introduction ever, and one of the best animated fight scenes I'd ever seen in an anime at that time (especially for 1996)
2) Unit-02 vs. MP Evas (EOE) - If the first fight with Sachiel hadn't left such an impression on me when I first saw it when I was 12 (I saw the first two eps and ep 25 on Adult Swim back in 2003 or sometime around then), and I was equally impressed when I first watched the series in its entirety when I was 14.
3) Unit-01 vs. Zeruel (NGETV) - If Unit-02's fight with the MP Evas wasn't so long and outright good (especially since Asuka really deserved a point where she genuinely kicked ass besides her first appearance with Gaghiel, which was a joint effort with Shinji anyway), and if the fight with Sachiel wasn't such a memorable introduction, this would easily be first for how powerful, eerie, and brutal the whole thing was. Essentially, the top 3 are nearly a tie, but not quite. I thought Unit-01 opening its palm and splitting the weird cloth-like arms, grabbing, and pulling Zeruel in so hard and then staring it in the face while giving a low growl and its horn going through Zeruel's eye was just awesome. It's exactly what I could imagine something doing if it were so pissed off/wanted to violently murder and mutilate its enemy. Kind of a riveting "shit got real" moment where Unit-01 basically says "fuck you" to her opponent's face and proceeds to just destroy her in the most animalistic way, finishing off with eating the angel's flesh, looking generally crazed, and howling. Painted a picture of just what beasts these Evas were that they were fighting with, especially considering before that point it's not totally clear that they aren't giant cyborgs or something, but actually entirely biological underneath.
4) Unit-01 "Splitting of the Breast" breaking out of Leliel (NGETV) - Very cool and powerful moment, though not quite a fight in it's own right. But, what I said rhymed so it's fine to put on this list of mine.
5) Unit-01 vs. Bardiel (NGETV/Rebuild) - Rather cool moment where the outcome is utterly brutal, it was a respectable scene to put in given the cuts to the budget (or at least some repercussion) as a result were probably foreseeable. It also wasn't the blood piñata you typically see with anime, but very detailed and gutsy/gooey/organy, which is something else I respect (along with how well-paced and realistic the levels of violence were throughout the entirety of the show, which has changed a bit in the Rebuild movies unfortunately).

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:51 am

Top scenes no matter what are...
1.) 2.22 - Everything from when Mari pulls Shinji out of the bunker to the end of the end credits sequence, probably the greatest ending to any film I have ever seen.
2.) EOE - Misato kissing, trying to inspire and saying goodbye to Shinji.

OTHER FIGHTS
- Unit 01 ripping his way out of Leliel
- 1.11 - Full final battle.
- Armisael's battle.
- Rey & Unit 0 taking out Arael with the Lance.

OTHER MOMENTS
- 3.33 - "Fate will surely guide you"
- EOE - Shinji choosing to allow humanity to return to life if they choose. (god this incredible music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxZ01ncJ7qs)
- 2.22 - Aquarium scene.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:56 am

5: Berserk Unit 01 versus Zeruel. That howl of misery and rage still sends shivers down my spine.
4: Unit 01 and Unit 02 versus Israfel (both fights). It was easily my favourite episode for how goddamn funny it was, and the fights were no exception.
3: The TV ending. The first time I watched it, it was confusing. The second time, it was beautiful. Easily one of the most moving things I've ever seen.
2: Asuka versus the Eva Series. Without a doubt one of the greatest fight scenes in cinema history.
1: Rei smiling. HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG-
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”