New & Upcoming Games Thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: New & Upcoming Games Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:24 pm

"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:35 pm

I cant say I'm surprised, but I can say that inafune is an idiot who has no idea how to manage game development.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:35 pm

So, not really a new game per see, but you all remember Aliens: Colonial Marines, right? Pretty much everyone agreed that it wasn't a very good game and that it could had been so much more, right?

Well, some nutcase not only agreed with the majority, but also decided to enhance the game to make it much better.
The mod in question: http://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-a ... /downloads
Experience Aliens: Colonial Marines how it should have been when it came out.

New AI, Gun Play, Materials/Lighting, Bug Fixes and More! Xenomorph's have seen the most work fixing their behavior and mechanics to make them truly terrifying foes to face, dramatically shifting the tone of the entire campaign.

This State of the Bad-Aass Art modification for ACM reworks, reprograms and rebalances Xeno AI, Human AI, Weapon Mechanics, Ballistics, Animations, Shaders, Particles, Decals, Lighting, and engine features to get the best out of the game possible.

Pre-Installation Part One : Backing up files (this is optional, Steam's built in "verify integrity of game cache" will reset your game if required)

Create a folder to house your backed up files. This folder MUST NOT be inside the "CookedPCConsole" folder of your game!
Create these emtpy folders :
Backup Folder\Engine\Shaders\ES2
Backup Folder\PecanGame\CookedPCConsole
Head to your games installation folder (see Installation Part 2 if unsure) and then navigate to Engine\Shaders\ES2.
Copy Prefix_Common.glsl to your backup folder in the appropriate location
Now navigate to PecanGame\CookedPCConsole in your games installation folder.
Copy these files to your backup in the appropriate location :
DEFGEN_UnlocksVersus_SF.UPK
DEFGEN_UnlocksVersus_SF.UPK.uncompressed_size
Engine.UPK
Engine.UPK.uncompressed_size
PecanGame.UPK
PecanGame.UPK.uncompressed_size
STARTUP_INT.UPK
STARTUP_INT.UPK.uncompressed_size

Pre-Installation Part Two : Removing old files (THIS STEP IS REQUIRED OR THE GAME WILL CRASH IMMEDIATELY ON START)

Head to your games installation folder (see Installation Part 2 if unsure) and then navigate to PecanGame\CookedPCConsole and DELETE the following files :

DEFGEN_UnlocksVersus_SF.UPK.uncompressed_size
Engine.UPK.uncompressed_size
PecanGame.UPK.uncompressed_size
STARTUP_INT.UPK.uncompressed_size

These files are used to tell the game to uncompress these pack files when it starts. The modded files are already uncompressed and so the game will crash if these
exist. If your game crashes immediately on starting, this is the cause.

Installation Part One : Engine Settings

Inside the Mod archive are 3 primary folders, firstly open "My Documents" in the archive and copy/drag "My Games" and paste this folder into your own "My Documents" on your computer. Choose to replace any files that already exist.
These files are REQUIRED for the rest of the mod to function, and cannot be used by themselves. The game will use the best, most advanced graphical options for all graphics cards regardless of if it is known to the game or not.
For anyone struggling with performance issues on lower cards : After installing these files head to My Documents\My Games\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\ and remove "read only" from PecanEngine.ini. When you next start the game, use the in-game graphics options to configure the game for acceptable performance.

DO NOT CLICK "RESTORE DEFAULT" - THIS WILL REMOVE CODE FROM THE FILE THAT IS REQUIRED FOR THE MOD TO WORK

Installation Part Two : Core Mod Files

Now open the "Game Installation - Core Files" folder in the archive and copy all sub-folders to your game installation folder.

Note : Traditionally this is c:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Aliens Colonial Marines\ however if you are unsure, in steam right click
ACM and choose properties. Select the Local Files tab, and then press "Browse Files". You can paste the mod files directly to this folder that opens.

These files are REQUIRED for the rest of the mod to function, and cannot be used by themselves. The game WILL NOT use many improvements if the Engine Settings are not
present!

Installation Part Three : Master Effects

Finally open the "Game Installation - Master Effects" folder in the archive. Inside are the following folders :

Core Files : Copy the contents of this folder to your game if you wish to use any of the below Master Effects setups.

The following folders contain config files only.
Ultra Quality : SMAA, SSGI (Max Quality), DOF (Max Quality), Tonemapping, Color Remapping, HSV Remapping, Gamma/Lift/Gain Adjustments
High Qaulity : SSGI (High Quality), DOF (Max Quality), Tonemapping, Color Remapping, HSV Remapping, Gamma/Lift/Gain Adjustments
Medium Quality : SSGI (Low Quality), DOF (High Quality), Tonemapping, Color Remapping, HSV Remapping, Gamma/Lift/Gain Adjustments
Low Quality : DOF (Medium Quality), Tonemapping, Color Remapping, HSV Remapping, Gamma/Lift/Gain Adjustments
Lowest Quality : Tonemapping, Color Remapping, HSV Remapping, Gamma/Lift/Gain Adjustments

It is HIGHLY recommended to play the game with Master Effects. Lowest Quality has almost no performance impact and improves the look of the game dramatically.
That said, Master Effects is completely optional and does not need to be used. You will need to adjust in-game brightness to compensate without it.

Post Installation (Optional disable-hud key)

Head to My Documents\My Games\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\ and open PecanInput.ini with a text editor
Under the heading [Engine.PlayerInput] insert the following line //

Code:

Code: Select all

Bindings=(name="F6",Command="Togglehud")

This completely disables all in-game hud elements (health, ammo, crosshair, hit marker, health overlay, prompts, progress bars) for maximum immersion

So yeah, apparently, You Can Redo. :jawdrop:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:56 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I cant say I'm surprised, but I can say that inafune is an idiot who has no idea how to manage game development.

This whole fiasco would actually be hilarious if it wasn't for all the paying customers who keep getting shafted. Inafune is the most incompetent developer I've ever seen.
[Redacted]

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:14 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:So, not really a new game per see, but you all remember Aliens: Colonial Marines, right? Pretty much everyone agreed that it wasn't a very good game and that it could had been so much more, right?

Well, some nutcase not only agreed with the majority, but also decided to enhance the game to make it much better.
The mod in question: http://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-a ... /downloads

So yeah, apparently, You Can Redo. :jawdrop:

Or you could just play Alien Isolation. Although I'm glad somebody's trying to redeem Colonial Marines.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:This whole fiasco would actually be hilarious if it wasn't for all the paying customers who keep getting shafted. Inafune is the most incompetent developer I've ever seen.

At this point it really is baffling what the hell could be taking so long. Problems with one of the system ports, maybe?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:23 pm

It looks like a new Red Dead game might be in development!

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/rumor-next-r ... leaked-map

It is rumored to take place before Redemption and the map is just east of Redemption's map. In fact the city of Blackwater, which was in Redemption, is on the west side of the leaked map. Oh man I hope this is really happening!
[Redacted]

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:34 am

"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon May 02, 2016 10:28 am

Mighty No. 9 finally has gone gold. Releases June 21 in North America and June 24 "worldwide." Proof once again that the United States is not part of the world. :lol:

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/mighty-no-9- ... -worldwide

Vita and 3DS versions will be released at a later date.
[Redacted]

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed May 18, 2016 5:47 am

Warren Peace, #643919

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed May 18, 2016 7:59 am

^ Looks awesome, I'm glad Kojima seems to have brought his best character designers with him. I really hope we'll get a game starring Ludens in the future. An undead AstroKnight is a cool concept.
[Redacted]

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Warren Peace, #643919

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Clearly, even the very idea of Silent Hills is cursed.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:46 am

Really galling news. Going to be interested to see if they actually explain why they've cancelled it in their press release/statement other than vague, empty niceties. All my hopes and dreams rest on Visage now.
Warren Peace, #643919

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Kojima Productions - "I'll keep coming."  SPOILER: Show

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-ko ... 0-6440493/
Warren Peace, #643919

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:20 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Clearly, even the very idea of Silent Hills is cursed.

The old gods have clearly left this franchise....
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:28 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:
Kojima Productions - "I'll keep coming."  SPOILER: Show

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-ko ... 0-6440493/

I would play the fuck out of a game about this guy even if it's a candy crush clone.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:50 am

Ace Attorney 6: Spirit of Justice just released in Japan yesterday! I'm a huge fan of the AA series and it got some pretty glowing reviews from Famitsu. Some of the users on Court-Records are doing playthroughs of it right now. Debating whether to spoil myself now or tough it out until the US release in September. :tongue:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:57 am

Koei Techmo is making a Berserk game

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UutjlpMf04

Will it get localized? You tell me.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:35 am

They already confirmed it's getting localized, however the sexual content is being censored and replaced with more blood.
Decide for yourself whether that is a fair trade, I am importing it myself.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”