Other Evangelion communities?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Other Evangelion communities?

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:46 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:As a moderator for both Eva Geeks and r/evangelion, I see way, way more conduct issues on Eva Geeks.

Of course, this tells us nothing much - it could be that EvaGeeks is stricter in holding to a higher standard, for instance (I never visit Reddit, so I can't take an actual view). And are you commenting on the last year or so, or on your experience over many years, which may have changed over time?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Originally, i was a member of r/evangelion for around, i'd say, 2 years, I always wanted to get involved in proper discussions there, but whenever i did, it almost always transformed into fights over who's best girl, arguments over the OP with nonsensical conclusions and NTE hate (even when NTE wasn't the subject matter). Because of this, i decided to leave and settle here, and i must say, I find this place to be the much more appealing of the two
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:42 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Of course, this tells us nothing much - it could be that EvaGeeks is stricter in holding to a higher standard, for instance (I never visit Reddit, so I can't take an actual view). And are you commenting on the last year or so, or on your experience over many years, which may have changed over time?

I've been active on the Evangelion subreddit since October 2013, and a moderator since July 2015. I don't think saying there are levels of standards would be accurate, more like different kinds of standards. Reddit, by it's nature is about to "now", so to my knowledge, there aren't much in the way of prolonged angry arguments.

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Originally, i was a member of r/evangelion for around, i'd say, 2 years, I always wanted to get involved in proper discussions there, but whenever i did, it almost always transformed into fights over who's best girl, arguments over the OP with nonsensical conclusions and NTE hate (even when NTE wasn't the subject matter). Because of this, i decided to leave and settle here, and i must say, I find this place to be the much more appealing of the two

Well, I've only been a moderator for the past 8 months, and in that time, no one has ever messaged the moderators raising any of the issues you've cited, nor have I observed anything like what you're describing, and I think I would notice something that is "YouTube comments bad"... that's a particular level of awful that us unmistakable and unavoidable. Did you ever report or message the mods about anything? I've done so in the past, both on r/evangelion, as well as on another community or two that I've been active on, saying "Hey, look, I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, but X behavior is really disruptive and you should think about doing something to curb it". I recall there were "Best Girl" image flood/wars, and it ruined the sub for me, so I made a politely worded message to the mods, and they put policy into place to prevent that sort of behavior.

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:25 pm

I feel like internet forum drama are only as big as people want them to be. Like whenever I get into an anime argument online, which I do a lot, I'm kinda like "meh" about it afterwards even if I get riled up but I dunno. I'm a weirdo so maybe my opinion on it is dumb. What's evangelion sub reddit like anyway. Like what do they talk about there and what's the general atmosphere. I've never actually spent time on that website. I skimmed through it a bit and my first impression is that it looks sloppy.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

Gryphus_OnE
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gryphus_OnE » Wed May 25, 2016 4:55 am

The discussion board I frequent called spacebattles has had a fairly long running combined discussion/fanfic recommendations thread on Evangelion. The current thread: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... 05.268958/ is in its fifth incarnation because server limitations in the past limited threads to only 20 pages long in the past. When it comes to discussion they are pretty detailed and similar in nature to the ones on EvaGeeks (albeit with much less organization due to the multi-purpose nature of the thread). NGE also pops up from time to time in other threads, in all manner of unrelated topics. A number of Spacebattles users were also responsible for some of the most well known NGE fanfiction written Once More with Feeling and Nobody Dies being two of them.
"Each bolt in this magazine is a vote for Mankind" *Space Marine proceeds to exterminate Xenos and sits down upon completion* "you may now state your objections." - Metalsheep7

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:43 am

If we're counting SB, Sufficient Velocity has a semi-active Eva community as well.

As do the TV Tropes forums, for that matter.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Mr. Jive
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Jive » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Social media has changed over the years. But make no mistake eva fans will never change.They will still be stubborn, selfish and keep running away from the hard core truth. The difference is tumblr and twitter gives them more control over things. If someone post something they don't like nor argee with anything they say, they can just delete the post or block them cause eva fans are thick skin.

I like how people say anno like this character but didn't like this character, anno don't care nor like none of the characters. He only useing them and the series for money. He did a lazy job on Rei character cause she was nothing more but a plot device to him. The manga did a better job whit Rei then he ever did over the past twenty years. If Rei a bad waifu then what does that say about Shinji? What does that say a monster who like to jerk off to girls in comma and strangled them on beaches too. Compared to that piece of trash, Rei is human. Yet it don't stop fans from using him for waifu garbage like nobody dies, advice and trust, war hammer and super women of eva. As for anno likening Asuka? I don't know how anyone who saw EOE think he like Asuka? After using her as a tool for fanservice and a emotional trigger, he pays her back by throwing her under the damn bus. Who does that to a character they like? The problem is people believe everything writers and producers say, not realizing most of the time they will say anything just to cover their own asses. Anno is no different. Anno does not like the series, characters nor the fans. He never had anything positive to say about the world of eva. Let anno go.
Kensuke not a saint but at least he's not a psycho jerking off to a girl in a comma.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:07 pm

View Original PostMr. Jive wrote:Anno does not like the series, characters nor the fans. He never had anything positive to say about the world of eva.

Citations needed.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:08 pm

View Original PostMr. Jive wrote:They will still be stubborn, selfish and keep running away from the hard core truth.

Which is?
If someone post something they don't like nor argee with anything they say, they can just delete the post or block them cause eva fans are thick skin.

I think you intended to mean "thin-skinned."
anno don't care nor like none of the characters.

He was on record in '96 saying he favors Asuka and that she's cute.
He only useing them and the series for money.

For Rebuild, yes. NGE is debatable. Gainax needed to make some guap at that point for sure, though.
He did a lazy job on Rei character cause she was nothing more but a plot device to him.

So, he then proceeded to write a lengthy, philosophical monologue for her character and involved her in important events that shaped the end of the series.
If Rei a bad waifu then what does that say about Shinji?

"Inappropriate use of the term 'waifu' in an otherwise serious discussion. 5 yard penalty. Repeat question."

If Rei a bad [romantic interest] then what does that say about Shinji? What does that say a monster who like to jerk off to girls in comma and strangled them on beaches too. Compared to that piece of trash, Rei is human. Yet it don't stop fans from using him for waifu garbage like nobody dies, advice and trust, war hammer and super women of eva.

"Inappropriate use of the word 'comma.' 5 yard penalty. 3rd down."

You seem to have a rather unhealthy fixation on hating the psychologically damaged and traumatized main character of this show. While virtually no one on this forum (or even in the fandom) condones his actions, they are nonetheless able to understand that he is not behaving as his normal self due to the trauma he was subjected to throughout the series.

Anno does not like the series, characters nor the fans.

How do you know this for sure? Are you Moyoco? Would that explain how you don't seem to have a good grasp of the English language and make claims that only those one degree removed from Anno himself can confirm? Also, it seems like he's put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into something that you claim he doesn't even like. The closest he's said on this is that he doesn't like the parts of the series that he's in, alluding to how he included aspects of his own personality and psychological issues into the story, which he's probably embarrassed by because it's so painfully personal to him.

Reichu wrote:Citations needed.

If you look at his prior posts, he says stuff like this all the time. It's amusing.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Re:

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:01 am

View Original PostButterscotch wrote:I'm quite curious if there are other Evangelion online communities. I follow a good few Evangelion pages on Tumblr but rarely engage with anyone

I had this same issue with the tumblr Evangelion crowd before I packed in tumblr last year for good, they just won't engage with you at all its like you need some super key card pass to get in to the fan zone and its just not worth the effort in my view...

SPOILER: Show
ACCESS DENIED
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Fan Works”