From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderator: Board Staff

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True
User avatar
Posts: 23823
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Starship Eva
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Re:

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:49 am

Carlos: What the hell could Second Impact have done that magically made children born after it capable of piloting Evas? Circumstantial evidence =/= an actual working mechanism, and without the latter you're absolutely nowhere.
What if... Kaworu bonded with Misato instead of Shinji, and the two of them were siblings?
Father Brother Lover Mother (AO3, FF.net)
The path to an alternate Third Impact has reached stage 19 (5/22)!

Ray
Banned
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 6638
Joined: Feb 10, 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Ray » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:32 pm

I'm Still writing my fic, but things have been a little buggy on my schedule lately. . . So It's probably going to be a while before I post another section from it.

There's this Idea I had in my fic that I wouldn't mind seeing someone else work with,

I got the idea from elmariachi talking about the 'mercenary mentality' Shinji could adopt in an attempt to deal with all the rejection and loss he's suffered

It takes place post 3.33 after a skip of about several years. Shinji's back on the Wunder, Sakura is assigned as his doctor because he has some health issues caused by adopting a self destructive lifestyle in an attempt to deal with the trauma. He has calcium loss, his liver is that of someone twice his age, he barely has an appetite. While the curse of Eva helps to a certain extent to offset his health problems, it's not a Wolverine healing factor.

During the examination and tests (blood, urine, x-rays, things like that) Sakura tries to be nice and cordial, but deep down she's trying to hide how she really towards him for piloting the Eva again. Shinji tells her to cut it out, he knows she hates him so he tells her to stop trying to cover it up with a smile. She takes offense to this, and then tells him how she really feels.

He responds by saying he basically agrees with how she feels about him. Because it's how he's felt about everyone else, every day ever since he came back, and how he believes pretty much everyone else feels about him. He resents Misato, he resents Asuka, he resents pretty much everyone he's ever met, either because he got burned/abandoned/rejected by them, or because he doesn't want them to reject/abandon/burn him, and deep down (because he's so numb and broken at this point to really care for people) because he doesn't want to hurt anyone else.

Then he crosses a line, that both scares her and makes her genuinely angry with him. Basically by threatening her and everyone else on the Wunder. They still need him to stop Gendo, so if anything happens to him, there goes humanity.

"Anytime I wanted, I could end my life. Anything happens to me, there goes your 'ship of hope'? Why don't I? What reason do I have not to?

I already promised to do everything Mrs. Katsuragi orders me to do. So, what are you going to do for me in return Miss Suzuhara? "

She then proceeds to threaten him with the taser function on the choker.
- - - -

Yeah the Shinji in my fic is a bit of a bitter selfish asshole after what happened to him in 3.33. . . But he's pretty much had all autonomy stripped away from him, so it's only in these small moments where he believes he can have any kind of freedom, even if it's in a bad way.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 352
Joined: May 17, 2014
Location: United States

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Glor » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:29 pm

^Hm, I think I'd be down for see something like this too. I don't see Shinji trying to take anything for himself, unless his mania is done particularly well, but I can imagine him being very standoffish as you've described.

One thing though: why would Wille ever let him near an Eva again? You know, being a super potent trigger for Impacts and thus far initiating not one, but two.
Rite of Reclamation - an Evangelion/Halo fusion, check it out, is pretty neat.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Stillborn
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Apr 28, 2013
Location: Huge wastebin
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Stillborn » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:52 pm

^^
Problem is, you make Shinji important. Even after it's been hammered by every character that the world doesn't revolve around him. He dies? They find some alternative. Simple as that.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

MisterHalt
Adam
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 82
Joined: Sep 06, 2014
Location: Australia
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby MisterHalt » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:07 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:^^
Problem is, you make Shinji important. Even after it's been hammered by every character that the world doesn't revolve around him. He dies? They find some alternative. Simple as that.

"We managed without you for fourteen years. If you die, we'll find a way to keep going."
Strength is being able to crush a tomato. Dexterity is being able to dodge a tomato. Constitution is being able to eat a bad tomato. Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad. Charisma is being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad.

Ray
Banned
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 6638
Joined: Feb 10, 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Ray » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:12 am

It's part of Misatos bigger plan, and it involves an impact trigger. Needless to say quite a bit of the Wunder Crew are NOT happy with it.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

xanderkh
Donor
Donor
User avatar
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby xanderkh » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:29 am

View Original PostMisterHalt wrote:"We managed without you for fourteen years. If you die, we'll find a way to keep going."


Okay, did something happen while I was gone? Is everyone on the Shinji-hate bandwagon?
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Ray
Banned
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 6638
Joined: Feb 10, 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Ray » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:36 am

What can I say? Bitterness fuels the creative fire.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

xanderkh
Donor
Donor
User avatar
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby xanderkh » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:55 am

You guys need some "Second Try" in your life. Or heck, Even RE-TAKE.

Just be sure to make this "Bittersweet" Ray, cause I can tell that you do want this to end on a positive note, even by your summary. In the past, Shinji was meek and withdrawn because he didn't want to be hurt by others, but what you're proposing is Shinji doing the exact opposite: He's willing to be a jerk, but also so people won't get hurt by him, so they won't form any attachments. That suggests he's doing this out of a desire to protect people, but not just out of spite. That seems to point there is some good in him, and I think a few select people would see through the bitter exterior, but see what he's ultimately trying to do to protect people he cares for,....Like maybe Misato? ^_^
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 1582
Joined: Jan 05, 2011
Location: The Ass End of Nowhere (TM)
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby amitakartok » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:49 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Yeah the Shinji in my fic is a bit of a bitter selfish asshole after what happened to him in 3.33. . . But he's pretty much had all autonomy stripped away from him, so it's only in these small moments where he believes he can have any kind of freedom, even if it's in a bad way.


Oh, I can perfectly see him act like that.

I'd read that. Probably even like it.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 352
Joined: May 17, 2014
Location: United States

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Glor » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:27 am

View Original PostRay wrote:It's part of Misatos bigger plan, and it involves an impact trigger. Needless to say quite a bit of the Wunder Crew are NOT happy with it.


Have you fleshed out what this bigger plan is? If so, mind sharing?
Rite of Reclamation - an Evangelion/Halo fusion, check it out, is pretty neat.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Stillborn
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Apr 28, 2013
Location: Huge wastebin
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Stillborn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:09 pm

View Original PostGlor wrote:Have you fleshed out what this bigger plan is? If so, mind sharing?


Maybe it involves ritual sacrifice of virgin that failed at life at every aspect, to an elder god. Shinji would have a role even he can't fuck up. Unless he loses his virginity by being raped under shower or something. Somehow it would still be his fault... :P
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

xanderkh
Donor
Donor
User avatar
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby xanderkh » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:57 pm

^

You just can't see the good in ANYTHING Shinji does, can you? And you call yourself a Shinji fan. :biii:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 1582
Joined: Jan 05, 2011
Location: The Ass End of Nowhere (TM)
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby amitakartok » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Buddy, this is Stillborn we're talking about. He already got banned for this shit once before; the fact that he's still doing it makes it blatantly clear that he's trolling.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Stillborn
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Apr 28, 2013
Location: Huge wastebin
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Stillborn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:46 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:^

You just can't see the good in ANYTHING Shinji does, can you? And you call yourself a Shinji fan. :biii:


Hey, Anno greenlighted Shinji bashing and made him into memetic icon of fail. I'm just following it to logical conclusion.
Personally, if I still had passion for writing I would create some better fate for Shinji, but that would make half of this forum look down on me for defying Anno's will. Not that I would care, but sadly I no longer can bring myself to write.

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Buddy, this is Stillborn we're talking about. He already got banned for this shit once before; the fact that he's still doing it makes it blatantly clear that he's trolling.


I'm never trolling here. I'm just being caustic. :P
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 1582
Joined: Jan 05, 2011
Location: The Ass End of Nowhere (TM)
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby amitakartok » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Same thing. You're provoking other people for kicks.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Stillborn
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Apr 28, 2013
Location: Huge wastebin
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Stillborn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Provoking? If you consider yourself provoked it was not my fault. I never call anyone names or accuse them or something I percieve them as (Like I've seen some people here do). At worst I'm poking fun at the painful mess that Anno left fanfic writers with. But hey, If something not aimed at you provokes you, that says more about yourself than me :P
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

xanderkh
Donor
Donor
User avatar
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby xanderkh » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:11 pm

^

And the fact that you've given UP on Shinji, despite the message seems to say otherwise, says a lot more about you than the actual show.

But what do I know? I actually HOPE for Shinji's fate, but that makes me just a "Devotee of Anno" in your eyes. And hey, you don't see the forum bashing ME down for having hopeful views, do you?

Honestly Stillborn, if all you see is negativity, why do you bother with Evangelion? Is it your mission to bash the show for flaws that not everyone agrees with? Are you on some Hipster Crusade to make everyone see Evangelion as you do? A failure on every aspect?
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Stillborn
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Apr 28, 2013
Location: Huge wastebin
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Stillborn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:22 pm

The forum doesn't bash you, because you go with the flow that this forum developed for their view. I'm not gonna say I'm some noble crusader that goes up the stream, but I'm just a heavier pebble that lies on on the bottom, unmoved or barely moved by the current, along with other dirt and mud, most of you joyfully skip over. :P

You say you're hopeful? good for you. I have nothing to be hopeful about. I didn't given up on Shinji. I given up on Anno's good will for the kid. Previously I at least had fanfics to enjoy. Now, with existence of Q, Anno shown that even if Shinji takes a different path, thinks and acts for himself and have actual agenda for once (And quite a noble one at that, since he wanted to save a friend) he will STILL fail. No more fanfics trying "different approach". Only spreading "the one true message" is left. No thanks. So Shinji failed at every attempt when he tried to act for himself instead of following orders like a good obedient doggy. And if the master who gives him orders is unclear? Well that's probably still his fault somehow, isn't it?
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

xanderkh
Donor
Donor
User avatar
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Gender: Male

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby xanderkh » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:31 pm

^

Now who's being hypocritical? Just two posts ago, you said you tried to be hopeful, but the forum bashed on you for "not following Anno's plan" of hope.

Now you say that I go with the flow of the forum because I believe in hope? You're hardly disproving your case that you're not just posting for the sake of posting for blatant nihilism, not just to Evangelion, but life itself.

And again, it's because Shinji is manipulated by his father that he's made mistakes.

But, whatever, we know how this argument is going to go: We'll keep going back and forth until you stop because you don't want to admit there's another path that you don't want to see, because change is hard. But if you want things to change Stillborn, you got to make that first step, instead of making the argument that it doesn't matter, because "it's the logical conclusion". In fact, try to say even ONE good thing about Shinji as a character that doesn't have to do with him being a "universal" failure. Prove to us you have the capacity to see that way, and that you're not just a troll.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera


Return to “Fanfiction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests