FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:29 am

You have my condolences, Vegeta 20XX.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:31 am

I'm sorry to hear to that Vegeta 20XX.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:22 pm

So my last week at work went without a hitch, except that my (soon-to-be ex-)employer is trying to scam me out of some of my pay. :uhh: Fuckers.
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:28 pm

I hate it when companies put up intern opportunities on university recruiting sites and keep them up until a certain date, but ask you to apply to both the posting on the university website and on the company website, only the equivalent posting on the company website has been taken down despite the fact that the university portal still shows the application as open. Hunting for internships and jobs is frustrating enough without having to deal with this shit.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:37 pm

As expected, the thermometers are up to 31 celsius. Which means things are too hot outside.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:22 am

My university application was turned down. :facepalm:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:55 am

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that, Ray. :(
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:02 am

My folks are probably gonna tear me a new asshole when they find out. I'm probably gonna have to get a job to earn my keep, or they might throw me out of the house.

On top of all that I still need a "Lifelong understanding" credit. The university I applied said they'd accept me without it, but apparently I needed SEVERAL letters of recommendation and only ONE made it in before the deadline.

PG 134
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PG 134 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:16 am

That's a major bummer. What the heck is a "lifelong understanding" credit? I've heard of GPA, SAT scores, Scholarships, and letters of recommendations for things possibly needed to get into a University but I have never heard of that credit.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:37 pm

Basically a class where part of the curriculum is interacting with other people. Communication, interaction, empathy with others, stuff like that. Totally unnecessary, feels driven , liberal arts BS.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:46 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Basically a class where part of the curriculum is interacting with other people. Communication, interaction, empathy with others, stuff like that. Totally unnecessary, feels driven , liberal arts BS.

The fact that you would describe it like that suggests you might benefit from taking it. Just sayin'.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:07 pm

You only applied to one college? risky strategy. There might still be time to apply elsewhere though, if you hustle.

Also the "lifelong understanding" stuff generally just means courses you take IN college to be a more well-rounded person, not something required to be accepted in the first place. Pretty weird if that's the case here.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:04 pm

To those who expressed condolences over Benji, I appreciate it. The metaphorical dead-pet train hit my landlord's cat a week later, and while I'm sure he's mostly gotten over it, there's this morbid stillness about the house that accompanies the realization that there are no more pets here (he usually spends time at my dad's house, with my sister). It seems strange that pets at this house inexplicably die on Fridays.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:47 am

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:To those who expressed condolences over Benji, I appreciate it. The metaphorical dead-pet train hit my landlord's cat a week later, and while I'm sure he's mostly gotten over it, there's this morbid stillness about the house that accompanies the realization that there are no more pets here (he usually spends time at my dad's house, with my sister). It seems strange that pets at this house inexplicably die on Fridays.

It's amazing how much presence the little critters have. They aren't people, but they're company; they're there, and they enhance our lives in lots of subtle little ways. When they're gone the house it's just still, it's empty. It takes time to adjust to that.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:14 pm

@Ray: I'm sorry to hear about your university situation. Are their other colleges you could apply to that will accept your criteria?
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Got a 78.8 as my final grade in a class and scumbag prof didn't bump me to an 80% so I can get an A. He gave be a B+ even though standard practice is a bump of up to 2% to help students get the next letter grade. Even after I asked him nicely to please help me since I'm graduating soon and need to maintain this average. While other people in the class who got Test Banks did well and haven't even read the book.

What a piece of ****. I am gonna take the class again in the fall as my 6th course (that 120% courseload) and with this same prof again. Will make sure to have a very unhappy and irritated expression on my face all semester long. I'll earn that A, and I'll force this scumbag to give me the good grade with his own hand. This is a matter of pride for me.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:29 am

I don't know if this belongs in the GLBTQ Otaku Represent thread or the House of Lonely Hearts, so I'm sticking it here.

I've been miserable with my job since October. I love working for Disney, but my current role is absolute garbage and no opportunity for advancement. Coupled with constant hammering from friends and family on wanting me to go back to school, and my brothers who are the only two people I could go to for emotional support have left and work too hard for me to reach out for their help. Around December I was starved for a friend since my routine was a rut of sleep > work > eat > repeat. Around this time, a friend I knew from an old forum I browsed added me on Facebook and to my surprise began talking to me every night.

He was gay and lives in NY and I already knew that, that never bothered me. However over time our conversations got more personal, he started hitting on me and was openly stating he was trying to flirt with me. At first I didn't think anything of it, but at some point he managed to get under my skin. I might have something to do with the fact none of my other friends were interested in talking to me, so I guess I became dependent on him. Not to mention he was the only person I've ever had in my entire adult life that's actually called me attractive or said anything positive about both my looks and personality. Bluntly put, I developed a serious crush on him, and that jumbled my (what I thought was heterosexual) mind for quite some time.

He started a new semester in January and our conversations just dropped. I might get a simple "Hey" followed by a simple three minute conversation once every two weeks, but it was a complete contrast to what I had previously. I got really depressed and that took a heavier toll on my rut. I got more detached from my job, couldn't sleep and had a hard time trying to do anything I found somewhat enjoyable. It reminded me of back when my brother first left to start his career and I didn't see him for three years, and only got one or two conversation out of him every two months or so. I got scared of having that happen again and having no real friends anymore, I threw a tantrum over Facebook and somehow got his attention. I apologized for over reacting and he promised he wouldn't ignore/forget about me and while I still had limited conversations with him, they were a bit more active like they were in the past, although I still felt out of touch with him, considering he's across the country.

So yesterday it's been a little over a week since I last talked to him and when just checking recent posts and in between friends I saw him post how he was getting ready for a date. Now I'm depressed, sad, angry, confused and generally ready to crawl into a corner and die. I feel useless after having someone go on four months complimenting me disappearing and moving on with life, even as a friend I feel I'm not as important. I'm afraid my inexperience in these situations is ultimately what is keeping me held back socially. I don't know if it's wrong to get so attached to someone I've never met face to face but I don't think it's fair that I continuously keep struggling with something everyone else seems to do so easily. I don't know what I expected by blogging my problems, but as much as the contrarian in me is screaming not to admit it, everyone on here is much more knowledgeable in all aspects of life than I am.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:29 pm

Filing tax returns sucks. :angry:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:36 am

True that. But did you really wait to do them until just now? That's kind of cutting it really close. :cringe:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:40 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:True that. But did you really wait to do them until just now? That's kind of cutting it really close. :cringe:

I do that every year. You would think I'd learn my lesson eventually, particularly since I got a refund this year, but nooooooooo. :shrug:

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”