[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: [Merch] Eva Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:17 am

If it can't hold two servings of hot cocoa, I have no use for it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:09 am

Two mugs equals two servings; get both - job done!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Shark Knight
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shark Knight » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:57 am

I will try to get those mugs hehe altought I have no clue on how to do so. Anyways I purchased the Asuka from alter with her jersey, she was quite expensive but I think she is the best figure out there by far. Will recieve it by the end of the month probably since I purchased it from Japan since it is the only way to make sure she will be the real deal.

However I read that some of them come with an issue on the neck when it comes to changing the head, which tends to get broken. Supposedly it was fixed on a later wave but who knows which one they sent me.

Does anyone else has that awesome figure?
Let None Find Us Wanting

4and20
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 4and20 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:09 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:**EDIT** Does anyone own figures from the SCM EX Ichiban Kuji line? I'm thinking about buying this guy: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/106495 but I haven't been able to find much info relating to these figures.

Hello. I brought the Banpresto SCM EX Mark.06 a few weeks ago. Here are a few quick snaps next to the rest of my RD Evas to compare, hope that helps.

It's definitely more skinny around the torso, and the plastic feels cheaper and flimsier. If you're the kind of person that has Damashii displayed next to Revoltech and is not too fussed about the difference in quality and design between the different lines you'll probably like it, but if you really love the Damashii Evas you'll probably find the difference a bit too noticeable.

SPOILER: Show

* Large images spoilered by staff

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:14 pm

That's really awesome! Thank you! ^_^
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

erik352
Embryo

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby erik352 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:33 pm

I have never heard of the SCM line before. did they make any other EVAs?

also what's a reasonable price to pay for an RD Eva-00, 03 and 01 awakening? I recently got 01 and 02, so thinking of getting the others, maybe even get some of the Revoltech.

Also thinking of buying of the HCM-PRO figures for the accesories. Are they in scale with the RD figures?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:59 pm

The SCM line made Eva 00-01 and 2 versions of Unit 02 (one with the 2.0 F-type equipment and one with the regular pylons and the thunder spear), those are cheap but very rare... They pop up once in a while at mandarake...

For Robot Damashii, those units you ask for go for 5000-9000 Yen at Mandarake, the most expensive being Eva 03 and Awakened 01. Unit 00 is cheaper but still more expensive than Regular Unit 01 or 02...

As a general principle and since Evas are rarely on scale, if the figure is the same size (± about 5 cm), all their accesories can be used together. I think the HCM series is on scale with Revoltech, witch is about 2 cm shorter than RD, so they can be used together.

However, if what you want is the Rebuild Positron Rifle/ESV, then I'd recommend you get the Revoltech Extra weapons set: it's on scale with the Revoltechs (and hence, with RD), has better details and color than the HCM one and it's also cheaper.
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

erik352
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby erik352 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:18 pm

WOW! Thanks for all the information! This has been a big help! I actually want the HCM figure specifically just for the weapons storage that the toy came with on eva-01. Eva 00 is tempted too for the base...but I'll look into the Revoltech weapons.

My plan is to probably get RD eva 00, then get the others evas with revoltech, really love to get my hands on eva-05

BTW, are you the same SEELE -ONE that's on youtube doing all the revoltech videos? If you are, those videos are awesome.

Lastly anybody here collected the medicom Eva? My unit 08 and 02 Gamma's white torso is showing sign of the rubber turning grey. I contacted medicom and they can fix this...but wants me to pay for shipping the toys to them and back. Too expensive I think to do, but Im just curious if there are others here who did that? thanks!

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:31 am

Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Eliaskar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Eliaskar » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:35 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:http://www.evastore.jp/pc/article/I3000701.html
:love:

I don't know what the hell this is, only that I like it.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:10 pm

It's the USJ-exclusive figure of Eva Unit 04 as it appears in the 4-D ride. They're selling it through the Eva store too!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:26 pm

HOLY RA!
I need it!
First new Revo in 2 years!
(Stalking Mandarake)

Sooner or later it'll appear :evillaugh:

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:14 pm

I've heard rumors this is going to be the Eva featured in the Japan Universal studio's ride.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:17 pm

^It is. New deco Eva 04 piloted by Mari.

There are a couple of them on Ebay right now if anyone has some coin to drop:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USJ-2016-Cool-J ... Swxp9W36yh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-USJ-Limite ... Swxp9W7BTf

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:17 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:There are a couple of them on Ebay right now if anyone has some coin to drop:

Holy shit, that's expensive...
They always do that on Ebay, publish it like 4 times overpriced in hopes of ripping some innocent soul...
I'd rather wait a year to see it at Mandarake at a reasonable price than even considering paying that kind of money...

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:30 am

Can anyone help me find this JA' figure? I don't want to pay $30 for a single Gashapon figure on Ebay and the two sellers on Amazon.jp don't ship internationally. :sniffle: I don't really care if it's the black version or the normal version.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:29 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:I'd rather wait a year to see it at Mandarake at a reasonable price than even considering paying that kind of money...

Mandarake isn't really immune to scalper prices. The Super Eva Chogokin has been constantly climbing in price ever since release and the latest I've seen is 16,500yen for the figure and 12,000yen for the Arming Tree...
12,000 would have gotten you both for the original release price.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:14 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Mandarake isn't really immune to scalper prices. The Super Eva Chogokin has been constantly climbing in price ever since release and the latest I've seen is 16,500yen for the figure and 12,000yen for the Arming Tree...
12,000 would have gotten you both for the original release price.

I know, I know... Sometimes it goes up, sometimes down... But let's be honest, how many times has it gone down at Ebay?

I'll wait like I waited for Q...

wlagner
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wlagner » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:58 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:I know, I know... Sometimes it goes up, sometimes down... But let's be honest, how many times has it gone down at Ebay?

I'll wait like I waited for Q...

If you find one, don't forget to send one to Monterrey as well :P jk but I want one too!
Honestly, I got super excited to see a new Eva Revo. I hope it pops up at manda soon or I WILL have to look for proxys :c

wlagner
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wlagner » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:11 am

I just received my USJ Eva 04, i hope to take pictures soon

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”