Comic Books?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Re: Comic Books?

Postby NemZ » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:53 pm

Im digging it so far. Reminds me quite a bit of my old Mage:The Ascension games.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:41 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:I got three volumes into The Invisibles a few years ago but it didn't do anything for me. In fact, I had a pretty adverse reaction and it swore me off Morrison for a while. I think Tines even cites it as an example of everything that's wrong with Morrison's writing too, which is an opinion I tend to share. I should really revisit it one day though, maybe get the omnibus or something, because I feel the complete opposite these days; Nameless, The Multiversity, Final Crisis and all his Superman related works have turned me into something of a fanboy. I'm even planning on starting his gargantuan Batman run soon, and that's "soon" as in once I finish Lucifer, BPRD: Plague of Frogs, Prophet and Geoff Johns' Actions Comics. I have a bad habit of starting new stuff and not finishing what I was on.

I also need to get around to reading the Invisibles.

His Batman run was one of the comics that first got me into the medium, so have fun with it and let me know what you think. Reading the RIP arc for the first time, without any context or having read the preceding issues, was quite an experience.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:37 am

Prophet (2012) is absolutely blowing my mind. Definitely one of the most imaginative, creatively unbridled works I've ever experienced, and I'm not saying that lightly. Not to mention that every gorgeous splash page could be a wallpaper in itself; something to get lost in and be in awe of for a few minutes before flipping the page.

Taxa Caravan  SPOILER: Show

Ixtano Circus  SPOILER: Show

Diehard's travels  SPOILER: Show

The Red Pain  SPOILER: Show

Awakening  SPOILER: Show

It pains me that I've already blitzed through all four trade paperbacks. Now I'm tossing up on whether to wait for the next paperback of the current Earth War issues coming out, or to get stuck into the singles, then maybe just buy the obligatory paperback later on as well to keep things all gravy on the bookshelf.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Final cover for Hellboy in Hell...

HELLBOY IN HELL #10  SPOILER: Show

:liplick:
Warren Peace, #643919

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:06 am

Mico Suayan back on Bloodshot Reborn once 'The Analog Man' concludes for next arc Bloodshot Island/Deathmate:

SPOILER: Show

Channeling those Alex Ross Earth X vibes for sure.
Warren Peace, #643919

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:33 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Mico Suayan back on Bloodshot Reborn once 'The Analog Man' concludes for next arc Bloodshot Island/Deathmate:

Channeling those Alex Ross Earth X vibes for sure.

looks like Jack Kirby meets Frank Miller.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Finished book 4 of Invisibles the other day, still hungry for more. Damn this is crazy good stuff.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:25 pm

New Posters for Civil War appear to solidify the opposing line ups.

Hotlinks Removed - NemZ.

Unlike the Civil War movie, the power levels are pretty evenly distributed.
Blue Marvel is Superman teir he can go toe to toe with The Sentry easy.
America Chavez is the big problem she is a multiversal reality warper.
Interesting the Ultimates team being split apart.

Please God let Bendis surprise the shit out of us with this book.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:55 pm

Cant captain marvel just get one break and be omitted from these things for once?
Like the first Civil war kinda shit on carol enough didn't it?
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:14 am

Large hi-res images hotlinked from CBR makes my eyes rain.

:bawl:
Warren Peace, #643919

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:21 pm

Constantine: The Hellblazer #1 has one of the best opening pages I've seen in a while...

Warren Peace, #643919

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Marvel Cancels Angela Queen Of Hell

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... -of-shield

Thank God. Maybe this is a sign that Marvel is actually listening to what it's fans want. And not the vocal minority.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:23 am

The new Batsuit courtesy Batman #50, the conclusion of the Superheavy story arc:

Batman #50  SPOILER: Show

The yellow is a nice touch, but what I like the most is how the cape is more heavy set; draping over shoulders acting more like an overcoat.

Possibly the weirdest line-up ever of Apocalypse's Four Horsemen in Extraordinary X-Men #8, set 1,000 years in the future:

Extraordinary X-Men #8  SPOILER: Show

Looks like Colossus possessed by the Death Seed of Apocalypse, just like Archangel was during Remender's Uncanny X-Force Dark Angel Saga.
Warren Peace, #643919

Bagheera
Banned

Postby Bagheera » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:51 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:
Extraordinary X-Men #8  SPOILER: Show

Looks like Colossus possessed by the Death Seed of Apocalypse, just like Archangel was during Remender's Uncanny X-Force Dark Angel Saga.

So Colossus, Deadpool, Moon Knight, and . . . what the hell is that thing?

Is X-Men even trying anymore? The Horsemen business has never made any sense, but this is comical. Moon Knight isn't even a mutant!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:08 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:The new Batsuit courtesy Batman #50, the conclusion of the Superheavy story arc:

Batman #50  SPOILER: Show

The yellow is a nice touch, but what I like the most is how the cape is more heavy set; draping over shoulders acting more like an overcoat.

I know DC has trouble sticking to anything at all these days but wasn't jim gordon batman? wtf happened to that.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:50 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I know DC has trouble sticking to anything at all these days but wasn't jim gordon batman? wtf happened to that.

It was just for one arc, and to be fair the arc was just as much about a amnesiac Bruce finding his way back to being Batman as it is Gordon as Bats, I have not read the issue, its possible they may both be Batman at the same time.

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:22 pm

Some rebirth details here...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ew-details
http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... tar-batman

Manapul is drawing Trinity...

Laim Sharpe & Nicola Scott are drawing Wonder Woman...

Rafa Sandoval, Philip Tan & Carlo Pagulayan have interior assignments.
Kate Kane / Batwoman is on a Bat Team with Spoiler/Cass among others in Detective Comics.
Patrick Gleason is on a Superman title.
Tony Daniel is drawing Justice League which is a good choice but not a great one.

So I am pretty content & pleased with Rebirth so far despite the lack of Martian Manhunter & Reis, Fabok not being listed for any titles as of yet.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:43 pm

DC Rebirth: Fuck Yeah!

What I'm excitied for:

• DC Universe Rebirth, an 80 page comicbook for $2.99USD by Geoff Johns
  • Tom King on Batman
  • A Green Lanterns book that focuses on Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz
  • Detective Comics a team book for the Batfamily made up of Batman, Batwoman, Spoiler, Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake as Robin
  • Green Arrow has his goatee back
  • First class creative team on Wonder Woman; Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott
  • Patrick Gleason and Dough Mahnke on art for Superman, phenomenal artists both
  • Action Comics seems to be focusing on pre-Flashpoint Superman and his family, possibly Lex Luthor too
  • All-Star Batman; a showcase book for Scott Snyder, bi-monthly, focusing on his rogues gallery
  • Nightwing back in blue, written by Tim Seeley of Revival and Grayson fame
  • Dan Abnett writing Titans
  • Super Sons; Damien Wayne and Jon Kent kid team-up book
  • All comics to be published with a price point of $2.99USD

What I'm disappointed about:

• No Legion of Super-Heroes by Jonathan Hickman, yet...
  • No news on Earth-2 creatives - I'm hoping it's still Dan Abnett and Jorge Jimenez
  • No quriky DC You type books announced yet, although they did say this stuff will come later in the year
  • No Grant Morrison

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Liam Sharpe & Nicola Scott are drawing Wonder Woman...

I think the bigger news is that Greg motherfucking Rucka - one of the all-time great Wonder Woman writers, who parted ways with DC on bad terms - is returning to pen her. That is freakin huge! Love Nicola Scott's art as well, though.
Warren Peace, #643919

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:53 pm

I want to know the timeline of events that led up to this.

The silver age doesn't have s monopoly on silly surreal humor.

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:04 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:I think the bigger news is that Greg motherfucking Rucka - one of the all-time great Wonder Woman writers, who parted ways with DC on bad terms - is returning to pen her. That is freakin huge! Love Nicola Scott's art as well, though.

I haven't read his WW run but I have read his Punisher run and it is one my my favorite comic series ever so I am totally down for him also!

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”