Funimation: Evangelion 3.33 coming out February 2 2016

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: Funimation: Evangelion 3.33 coming out February 2 2016

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:40 pm

That's allI really remember too from the screening.

So glad this is actually finally happening!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Not that I'll ever watch the English dub, but from the theatrical viewing I had in January 2014 I vaguely remember Kaworu had an especially awful coquettish giggle tossed in at the end of a lot of his lines.

Hope those have been cut out.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Another announcement from Rightstuf, this one in regards to preorders for 3.33 from when it was first announced many moons ago
We’ve had many people ask us if we’ll be honoring pre-orders for Evangelion 3.33 now that it’s in stock. To clarify, we will indeed be fulfilling pre-orders for Evangelion 3.3, including pre-orders placed when this item was first announced in 2013.

However, as many of these pre-orders are over two years old now, many customers placed their original orders with credit cards that have since expired. If the card you used for your pre-order has expired, please contact our Customer Care team so we can update your order and make sure your order can be processed! We’d hate for you to not get your copy that you’ve been waiting for after all this time just because of an expired card.

Thanks to all our customers who pre-ordered Neon Genesis 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo for your beyond-incredible patience while we’ve waited for news about this item’s release. We’re as excited as you are to see 3.33 finally released in North America!

http://rightstufanime.tumblr.com/post/137649407975/we-will-be-fulfilling-original-neon-genesis
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:43 am

Good on them for honoring all of their preorders. I'm sure the shenanigans surrounding this release have left a lot of retailers in a real pinch and it's nice to some are going the extra mile there. ^_^
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:50 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:That's allI really remember too from the screening.

I was actually there that day, but I missed it because I wanted to go see Steve Blum at the Transformers booth.

I was stupid!
:doh:

Well, I'm glad I can get it legally now without having to pay outrageous shipping prices.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:05 pm

I only preordered this past weekend, so it doesn't effect me. I'm glad that I'll be able to see it. Now the if the last movie doesn't come out for another 5 years, I'll be happy.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:44 pm

I'll order this one next week. I wanna do another passion video project, so I gotta budget a lot of things carefully for the next few months. But I don't think I'll be so short on funds as to where I can't order this next week.

I still want that translated book, regardless of it's uselessness. Comparing subs and dubs would be fun too, as would not hauling around a computer and some HDMI cables every time I wanted to watch a translated version of the film.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:59 pm

I was never really one for preordering anime/figures/etc so I'll most likely be a cheap-ass and get this from the local Wal-Mart :tongue: or on Amazon. I'm interested in the booklet too; I have the ones from 1.11 and 2.22 so yeah.

The covers of those copies are somewhat reversible with some doing. I hope it'll be the case with Funi 3.33. Mine are displayed with the Sadamoto/etc image viewable.

__

What in God's green Earth was Funi's delay if we're getting both tracks?!

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm

Who knows? The real reason might become one of those Great Mysteries of Eva! :tongue: According to the comments on that post, the two tracks are quite different, so that's something.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Subtitle tracks? I thought they would include both the theatrical dub and the new dub, But it's only subtitles?

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Can anyone please clarify what exactly is included in this "Mulit-Format" option?
(http://www.amazon.com/Evangelion-3-33-You-Redo-Blu-ray/dp/B00GS1DM2S/ref=tmm_mfc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=)
I assume that it has both regular and Blu-Ray disks. However,^(link) says that it only has one disk.
I want to purchase this movie, (probably Blu-Ray) I just want to know for certain which version will give me the most extra content.

On that note, I assume that most people here will be purchasing the Blu-Ray version...right?
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:58 pm

Based on that Twitter, the Funi version was made to be way more comical about Shinji/Kawrou.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:46 pm

Interesting update:

Now I really want to know why Funimation took their sweet time since they apparently had all the materials prepared, what, in Summer 2014 or so? :uhh:

Multi format should mean DVD/BD, yeah. And dub + sub is pretty common for anime, Eva especially, so no worries there. The whole issue was Funi having to fix their dub, after all.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:09 am

^ Spike Spencer posted about having to do "pick-up" recordings for Eva Q during that frightfully long delay. Rerecording and remixing much of the film's audio and dialogue tracks takes a while.

Even if it were just retyping a new subtitle track, once you pull a disc release from shelved, it'll take a while to get them back. Once distribution is halted Funimation would have to schedule another time to have their discs manufactured, and it probably wasn't going to happen within the fiscal quarter they had planned for it. With other titles already hyped up and prepared for the following fiscal quarters, Funimation simply had to wait until they could properly release this film without overshadowing the marketing for any of their other projects.

But I am excited about the two different subtitle tracks. I can't wait to watch the movie and compare them.

FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Seems like a good excuse to watch the film another 3 or 4 times :tongue:

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KqqgcI_vFs

Menus for the Blu-Ray, in the UK at least.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

cody727kirby
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cody727kirby » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:18 pm

I believe these will be shipping out today or Monday. I received the following email from Rightstuf on Thursday, when I asked them to update my credit card on the order.

"I updated the billing/shipping address on the order. Your order will likely be going out either Friday or Monday."

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Oh and wouldn't you know it, Funi made another trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrRHygRGOOc

Edit: Don't know that the trailer is any different than the 2014 one.
Last edited by hui43210 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Called it :toothy:
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Just got a shipping confirmation from rightstuf today. Whooo!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”