Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:54 am

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:While at work today, I got a $5 bill on which someone had penciled Gendo glasses on Abe Lincoln's face. Made my day.

That's fantastic. That would have made my day too haha.

Got all my Christmas shopping done. Only had to step foot in a store for my dads gift, all others were bought online with the last arriving by the end of the week. ^_^
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:26 pm

I'm no programmer by any means, but I'm curious about this myself (my laptop and our PC-desktop is Win10).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:50 pm

My Windows 10 laptop connects to wireless as quickly as did Windows 7, it seems to me. Although the icon doesn't show it, the Skype icon shows it for me just as effectively ;)

I don't hibernate my laptop, though - just sleep.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:00 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:My Windows 10 laptop connects to wireless as quickly as did Windows 7
Win7 was also slow (restarting the connection from scratch, rather than just resuming) compared to Vista, in my experience.

---

Tonight's build, with improved icons is at https://bitbucket.org/Mr_Tines/scrapbook/downloads/Connectivity.zip; hashes of the zip file are as follows

Code: Select all

MD5     : 2bb4 91f3 190c 4c1a bff0 0d56 fa76 849c
SHA     : 737b c42f 0b0f b7ab 56e7 810c f060 1170 44f7 6a83
SHA2-256: 10ac 46b6 8775 c01f 9785 e5b9 0994 e3bc 88ac ee42 c75a 7191 5fd2 109f 503c 87f8

* you just need to unzip it somewhere (no installer); the 3 files -- one .exe and 2 .dll -- inside need to live together.
* It does assume you have .net 4.0 or later installed (but that should come as part of the operating system for Windows 10).
* You'll need to create a shortcut manually to put on the desktop or add to the start menu or to start automatically
* to stop it, right-click the icon and click "Exit" on the menu
* Overnight hibernation means that the link has to be renegotiated from scratch, but for shorter breaks like an hour or so (maybe up to 6 hours?), I have had it come up immediately, so not quite as good as Vista behaviour -- YMMV
* it takes about 700K memory and negligible CPU
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:40 pm

Much obliged! :)

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Thanks to our new search functionality I was finally able to hunt down where I got that symbv quote from in my signature and put a link in my sig to it. :jiggy:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:04 am

I am flying home today and my mother has bought a large amount of foods that I enjoy that are waiting for me. I think this is going to be a good day.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:30 pm

I survived Hell Day 2015 (known as Christmas Eve to those not working a cash register). Thankfully it went smoother than last time.
[Redacted]

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Little over 24 hours ago I saw a fantastic performance of A Christmas Carol, and the best live theater experience of my life. I had a big smile plastered on my face for most of the play. Even though it was just a small community theater and the performance wasn't even sold out, the actors seemed to be giving it their all. They did a lot of their performing not on the stage proper, but extremely close to the audience, including many a moment performed right next to where my oldest nephew was sitting (and therefore me, because I was right next to him), so close I could have reached out and touched them. I was smiling like I wanted them to notice it -- because I did. The way my nephew clung to me during the performance, I wondered if people might think we were father and son. :lol: When the dancers for the Ghost of Christmas Present segment entered, one of them tousled his hair on the way to the stage! :D

I even had the good fortune to spot some of the performers out-of-costume in the lobby after the show. I made a point to thank them for the performance and shake their hands, and to tell them I thought the hair-tousle was a nice touch.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:04 pm

That's wonderful. While I haven't been to a stage play in over a decade, there is something about seeing a live theater such as the proximity to the cast among other things that compared to a movie version of the same story, the stage version is better.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Had a great Christmas. Went to a friend's place for Christmas dinner, and afterwards I got a chance to do some target practice with my Saiga .308 rifle. At 200 yards. With only iron sights. I never did hit the exact log I was aiming at in the woodpile, but I was able to hit right next to it consistently and hit the edge at least once. Given the reputation AK-pattern rifles have for being inaccurate, I was pleasantly surprised that I could hit close to my target at that range with iron sights. I need to get a scope with a com-bloc rail mount for this thing.
[Redacted]

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Ieyasu » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:08 pm

Never had such a pleasant 5 days off doing nothing but eating junk and playing games (or knew that I worked so damn hard... it was almost painful to actually go ahead and take some time off, I'm so used to not having any).

That said now it's gonna be painful getting back into the routine of working all day every day.
WHERE'S PAUL VERHOEVEN WHEN YOU NEED HIM

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:24 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... to+reunite

MAKE. IT. HAPPEN.

There'll be never something like this in the next, what? 20, 30 years?!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:10 am

Soo, I think my Windows internet drivers issues are finally fixed! First the crap when I got Win8 & 10, now that December Windows Update...

Also: New Year's, fresh starts and all that. Lots of stress in 2015, so I hope the new year won't be as batshit crazy :sweatdrop: There is going to be tons of upcoming stress (just various real life things, painfully normal life events such as potentially getting our own first-place, but still), so please send me positive vibes that we'll manage it all okay.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Well, managed to negotiate with my General Manager this afternoon and get my cut hours back as well as an assistant Tuesday and Thursday (Her idea) to help me from getting too overwhelmed. I get my hours back, and the person whom will be helping shall be getting more hours and more experience and training as a result, so its a win win. It also helps me with my team building and management skills I have to work on as per my training book that has to be signed off before I'm considered a fully qualified Assistant Technical Manager, borderline Technical Manager, since I'll have all the knowledge and skills as one, just without all the responsibility and paperwork that comes with it.

Sadly, a huge argument between my boss and my general manager had to take place before it happened. I didn't start it, my boss did and things just kind of fell as they did. I don't like that that was the catalyst to set things in motion, but to be honest, things have been heading that way for awhile now.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:10 pm

The holy grail of my figure collection will finally be mine.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:51 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The holy grail of my figure collection will finally be mine.

I demand details. And pictures.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:11 pm

LAS? :wink: This would probably be mine if it weren't some (probably) impossible to find put-together kit: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/194386

Been living in Texas for 3 years as of today. :heart: I swear for good and bad, time flies by way too past in recent years.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:04 pm

When she arrives and I get a display case for her I will post pictures.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:29 pm

It better not be that 'Asuka taking a shit' statue. :cringe:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”