GUNBUSTER - before EVA anno's greatest work ;D

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:30 am

http://www2.gainax.co.jp/shop/index.cgi?rm=image&id=1240&genre=50_top2&page=2&key=&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0
Me want.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:55 am

That does look pretty badass, dosen't it?
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:50 am

That's pretty expensive too... What's that, $330? That's more expensive than the naked Asuka and Rei figures.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:03 am

$330? Is it made out of Platinum or something?
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:27 am

TriLink12 wrote:$330? Is it made out of Platinum or something?

$330? Damn!, thats expensive.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:39 am

TriLink12 wrote:$330? Is it made out of polythylene or something?

Fixed.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:29 pm

Ok, first off

TriLink12 wrote:I had intended to buy Diebuster 2

There is no such thing as Diebuster 2 (yet). There is Top o Nerae 2!, which is also called Diebuster, and Gunbuster 2, but there is no Top o Nerae 3! yet.

TriLink12 wrote:Now, I get that piracy takes money from them and all that, but how much does it cost to manufacture those discs? One or two dollars each? (that's a high estimate). And then they turn around and sell them for a %3000 profit like that?

You have forgotten to factor in, the cost of the production of Top o Nerae 2!, the cost of advertising, maintaining the website, other promotion, shipping, translation costs, etc. etc.

Yes it is expensive, but don't make it seem like they only had to pay for manufacturing the discs, and nothing else.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:33 pm

Pretty expensive, but nice!
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:51 pm

cat42 wrote:
TriLink12 wrote:I had intended to buy Diebuster 2
There is no such thing as Diebuster 2 (yet). There is Top o Nerae 2!, which is also called Diebuster, and Gunbuster 2, but there is no Top o Nerae 3! yet.

lol, My bad. That was a brain fart and nothing more, I assure you.
You have forgotten to factor in, the cost of the production of Top o Nerae 2!, the cost of advertising, maintaining the website, other promotion, shipping, translation costs, etc. etc.

Correct me If I'm wrong, as your more knowledgeable about this sort of thing than I, but can a 6 episode anime really cost that much. Other companies seem to get by okay selling there show's for $25 a disc, so why can't this one. Gainax isn't some tiny production company anymore, there an animation powerhouse. And in the American version, they didn't even have to worry about paying for a dub or any of that stuff. When you take all of that into account, it just seems to me like the average consumer is getting boned once again.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:06 pm

Like I said, I'm not saying like they are charging what I consider a sane price, however, to play devil's advocate, remember this: Unlike most American release Anime DVDs which are printed in America, these are made in Japan, so obviously they are going to have much higher costs for shipping.

Also, like I said, they believe that unless they raise the prices of DVDs in America, they will lose money when the region codes no longer apply due to re-importation.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:44 am

You know, I think Diebuster had one of the best plot... I wouldn't quite say twist... erm.... best plot revelations I've ever seen because afterwards I felt like it should have been so obvious, yet I never saw it. That is what makes a great twist/revelation in my mind. Though it did get me wondering if anyone else saw it coming. I am talking of course about [highlight to read SPOILER] "Nonoriri" referring to Noriko. Was there anybody who anticipated that before it was revealed?

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:01 pm

I would have made the connection quite easily if I had actually watched Gunbuster first. =P

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:I would have made the connection quite easily if I had actually watched Gunbuster first. =P

If I hadn't watched Gunbuster first, I would have assumed that I would have made the connection easily. But I didn't. :wink:

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:53 am

I might have made the connection if the fansubbers hadn't fucked up there too by subtitling it "Nononigi" at first.

Also, Gunbuster 2 vol. 3 is now available for sale somewhere that I know.
As soon as I get money (hopefully by the end of next week), I'm buying it.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:31 am

cat42 wrote:As soon as I get money (hopefully by the end of next week), I'm buying it.
My God, I love Netflix.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:42 am

NAveryW wrote:
cat42 wrote:As soon as I get money (hopefully by the end of next week), I'm buying it.
My God, I love Netflix.

Indeed. Sure beats whoring yourself out at the local street corner to get the money to buy these things.

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:46 am

TriLink12 wrote:Indeed. Sure beats whoring yourself out at the local street corner to get the money to buy these things.

I feel that's a matter of personal preference. About the dvds, I might get the box set if it does come out considering that I would have the monies by then.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:50 pm

NAveryW wrote:You know, I think Diebuster had one of the best plot... I wouldn't quite say twist... erm.... best plot revelations I've ever seen

I am talking of course about [highlight to read SPOILER]"Nonoriri" referring to Noriko. Was there anybody who anticipated that before it was revealed?

I just finished Diebuster yesterday, and I sure didn't see that coming. I figured it was just Nono speaking gibberish or something. When I finally figured it out I had one of those "lol, ME SOO STOOPID" moments.:lol:

As for the ending itself, that was some cool shit man! Seeing you know who returning at the very end was a beautiful way to end it.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:50 pm

NAveryW wrote:You know, I think Diebuster had one of the best plot... I wouldn't quite say twist... erm.... best plot revelations I've ever seen because afterwards I felt like it should have been so obvious, yet I never saw it. That is what makes a great twist/revelation in my mind.

best plot twist ever was in Knights of the Old Republic. Period. Ever.

and how large is the model? it looks amazing
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Rahaquiel-2D1S
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Rahaquiel-2D1S » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:21 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:http://www2.gainax.co.jp/shop/index.cgi?rm=image&id=1240&genre=50_top2&page=2&key=&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0
Me want.

WATASHI NA BUSTAH MASHIN! NANA GOUKI!

Sexy recent GAINAX lead is sexy.
Haunted dolls? If Rozen Maiden ever taught us anything it would be to look under it's dress.

<No animated GIF in sig, please. -Admin>

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”