Human-Readable URLs are Back

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Human-Readable URLs are Back

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:25 pm

It happened just before I posted the report, but now it doesn't happen -- so either it was something sporadic, or you fixed it in the past half hour.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Following the unread-post link

Code: Select all

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/11406/The%20Macross%20Legacy%20Thread%20(Incl.%20+/DYRL/Zero/Seven/Frontier)/?f=24&view=unread#unread

or just the thread title link

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/11406/The%20Macross%20Legacy%20Thread%20(Incl.%20+/DYRL/Zero/Seven/Frontier)/?f=24

repeatably yields

No route found for "GET /thread/11406/The%20Macross%20Legacy%20Thread%20(Incl.%20+/DYRL/Zero/Seven/Frontier)/"

I have to strip off the semantic bit to see the thread. I suspect the un-encoded '/' characters from the thread name to be the problem.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:23 pm

^ :facepalm: Actually, it's that when I was refactoring code I wound up putting one instance of the function that makes the title URL friendly in the wrong place, so the unchanged title straight from the DB was getting placed into the link.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”