Forum Theme Issues - reporting and discussion

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Forum Theme Issues - reporting and discussion

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:24 am

That shouldn't be too hard, I think. There's already a link back to the Board index right at the bottom - I should be able to extend that to the full breadcrumb trail.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:59 am

Thanks!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:48 pm

In small text, there is a
Return to “Evageeks.org News and Feedback”
link under the "Post Reply" button at the bottom, but it took me a while to notice, and the full breadcrumb trail would be better for nested forum cases.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:12 am

Round forum icons! We have round forum icons wheee!

...Where'd you find them? Or did you make them? I would have thought you'd use the old ones.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:42 am

They're from the current default theme for phpBB v3.x, so they were already on the server! I just copied them across once I realised.

I'm glad they make you happy!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:05 am

They make a huge difference in making the site feel like home. Thank you so much!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:08 am

The "center" commands have been fixed, it seems. My sig fits nicely in the middle like it did before. Thanks!

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Using wide layout with randomized banner, and there's a small glitch with the Sahaquiel banner wrapping around.
SPOILER: Show
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:09 pm

Both wide themes in fact.

Sorted; I had overwritten one of the wide theme files with the default, and missed the different banner file name when I regenerated it.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:05 pm

You know, if its set up right we could probably just use one style and not need a cropped version.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm pretty sure I could use the wide banner in the normal themes right now and it would work; but I've been thinking about other things before checking that out.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:18 pm

Happy to see that our Twitter code still works (very useful for passing on EGF Twitter posts!) but is there a little hack(?) to add the Twitter code button into the post options so folks are aware of it/makes posting easier? Could be next to the spoiler buttons at the end.

Thanks, y'all!

Edit: As an aside, both the site search and the forums are LIGHTNING FAST ever since the upgrade, as far as I can see. Makes things easier for me when I try to share news!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:22 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:29 am

I know it surprised me to see the time of day joined, too! I personally agree that the date joined is more important than time of day--I certainly didn't remember I joined at night!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:56 am

This place keeps looking more and more like home all the time. I just noticed that usernames are no longer bold by default -- which incidentally makes non-staff Committee members stand out more, contrary to my intention when I chose their group color. :lol: Not that it's a problem, just amusing.

Seele00TextOnly wrote:This is incredibly trivial, but is it possible to omit the to-the-minute timestamp portion of the date joined that appears under our avatar to the left of every post?

Done.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Happy to see that our Twitter code still works (very useful for passing on EGF Twitter posts!) but is there a little hack(?) to add the Twitter code button into the post options so folks are aware of it/makes posting easier?

Done.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:06 am

My Gawd, the forum just keeps getting better and better. Thanks to everyone who worked and improved it .

:glomp:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:37 am

You note we now also have ages again.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:39 am

The font on the age and therefore everything else over there looks weird to me but we still don't have a test instance of the old version of the forum up yet.
System Administrator

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:05 pm

I still can't see what thread the most recent post in a forum was made in when I'm looking at the board index. That was a feature I particularly liked about the old forums. Any chance it'll be making its way back?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:53 pm

I'll see if it's practical to add it; but I'm also puzzled, because it's not there on a screen capture I did of the old forum index page shortly before the change.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”