Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:55 pm

To explain -- a well known site for scanlated hentai manga/doujins requires a special handshake to access -- visiting without it simply gets you a picture of a sad panda. That image has become a shorthand name for the site.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 am

http://nintendoeverything.com/david-production-is-behind-the-monster-hunter-stories-anime/
Life is suffering for a JoJo fan right now.
And i love monster hunter but stories is so generic looking....
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 am

http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/10/22/25398.html

Crunchyroll entering the business of making anime, not just streaming it.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:06 am

can't wait for all the demographic-targeted quality product they're gonna put out
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:10 pm

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Only took em an eternity. . . Yeah, I'm a fan.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:21 pm

the miracle happened ;_;
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Dropped the first one after six episodes, didn't get into the second, never understood the hype. Hooray for everybody that's excited for it, though. I don't begrudge people getting more of a Chinese cartoon that they love.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:41 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:the miracle happened ;_;

Yes. Yes. YES!!!!!!!!!!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

It's gold man. B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:58 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Dropped the first one after six episodes, didn't get into the second,

Fumoffu?! is one of the best comedy anime out there. Even if didn't like the tone or pacing of the original, you should really check it out.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

unz
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby unz » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:30 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Dropped the first one after six episodes, didn't get into the second, never understood the hype. Hooray for everybody that's excited for it, though. I don't begrudge people getting more of a Chinese cartoon that they love.

Can't remember a thing about it either. I don't remember what was the season ending with a fishing scene

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:20 am

Jojo: Diamond is unbreakable teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTaVV0Hkng&feature=youtu.be

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:33 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Jojo: Diamond is unbreakable teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTaVV0Hkng&feature=youtu.be
Yet another delay in my suicide plans. Oh well.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:16 am

The Dream is real!
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Re: It's gold man. B/

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:26 pm

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Fumoffu?! is one of the best comedy anime out there. Even if didn't like the tone or pacing of the original, you should really check it out.

The continued praise for FMP and Fumoffu endlessly baffles me. It failed spectacularly at everything it attempted: When it was trying to do comedy, it was repetitive and irritating. When it was trying to be dramatic and serious, it was ham-fisted and boring. The main characters were one-note jokes that weren't funny the first time, the "Whispered" plot introduced early on as something important was then completely forgotten about for most of the show in favor of Sousuke's Inconsequential Adventures In Not-Afghanistan and other overblown side stories that amounted to nothing.

Seele00TextOnly and I sat through the entire first season of FMP a year or so ago for reasons I don't think either of us can fully explain. It might have been because we heard it got better in Fumoffu, and wanted to stick it out until then to see if it was true. We couldn't make it more than a few episodes into Fumoffu before dropping it mid-episode. Then we were somehow convinced to try it again a few months later and got a bit further only to find that it got even more insipid. I'm still amazed that it somehow managed to be worse than the first season.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:42 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Re: It's gold man. B/

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:43 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:...the "Whispered" plot introduced early on as something important was then completely forgotten about for most of the show in favor of Sousuke's Inconsequential Adventures In Not-Afghanistan and other overblown side stories that amounted to nothing.

The whole "whispered" plot is actually the only reason I ever considered going back to the series. If they ignore it, then that gives me less of a reason to go back. I do see your point of view with regard to not understanding all the praise the show gets-- I don't really understand it either, but I suppose there must be a substantial amount of people whose buttons the show manages to push properly.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:55 pm

On the one hand, that sounds terrible. On the other, it's great to see Essel and Seele posting again. Stick around, guys! Some of us really appreciate your brand of snark.

(man, I miss the FFS.)
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:42 am

I didn't expect them to announce the new JoJo this soon considering they took their time with Stardust Crysaders (there was the teaser and the end of the season but not an official announcement).
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:44 am

Ὦ Ξάρδε~~*
*Oh Xard~~
This looks so bad I can't even.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Return to “Anime and Manga”