[Film] Alita: Battle Angel

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:31 pm

They're still making him more money than he knows what to do with.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:22 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:They're still making him more money than he knows what to do with.

True. Part of his earnings allowed him to become the third man in history to reach the Challenger Deep.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:34 pm

^

Dude, seriously? He did that?

Robert Rodriguez, you magnificent bastard!
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:36 pm

Most of the robert rodriguez films I have seen I have liked, but that being said I don't think any of his movies have been great.

That being said Camerons more recent films kind of fall into the same category of being likable but not great, so I can't say this would have been much better in his hands either. The effects would be better no doubt, but beyond that I think all bets are off since current Cameron is just ok imo.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:46 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:^

Dude, seriously? He did that?

Robert Rodriguez, you magnificent bastard!

[s]I'm referring to Cameron.[/s] :lol:
Last edited by soul.assassin on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:33 pm

I knew he did that; you're response to my comment made me think you were referring to Robert Rodriguez (because he was who I was talking about).
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: [Film] James Cameron's Battle Angel Alita

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri May 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Likely casting choice has been found.
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... lead-role/

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat May 28, 2016 3:07 am

Thread needs to be renamed ROBERT RODRIGUEZ'S BATTLE ANGEL ALITA.

Which is a far less appealing sounding project....

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat May 28, 2016 9:04 am

Could be worse, ZACK SNYDER'S...
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat May 28, 2016 9:30 am

Or BRYAN SINGER'S . . .
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat May 28, 2016 1:05 pm

I actually think with the subject matter a Zack Snyder version wouldn't be all that bad. The Bryan Singer version would be called Battle Angel Andrew & would be the story of a young shirtless 12 year old boy repeatedly being filmed taking showers against his wishes.

Anywho, Robert Rodriguez's Battle Angel Alita has now been given a release date - July 20, 2018 - and has been renamed ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun May 29, 2016 12:49 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I actually think with the subject matter a Zack Snyder version wouldn't be all that bad. The Bryan Singer version would be called Battle Angel Andrew & would be the story of a young shirtless 12 year old boy repeatedly being filmed taking showers against his wishes.

Anywho, Robert Rodriguez's Battle Angel Alita has now been given a release date - July 20, 2018 - and has been renamed ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL.

Ouch.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: [Film] Alita: Battle Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun May 29, 2016 1:29 am

To be fair to Bryan Singer, I believe he is the only name filmmaker who on the DVD/Bluray for his first major blockbuster (the first X-Men) shares a commentary track with a convicted child molester. ....That's as fair to the guy as I can be.

#IHateSingerBecauseHesAPedophileWhoHollywoodProtectsBecauseHisXMenFilmsMakeMoney

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Any hope I've had for the film itself was gone for ages. I've just hoped the hype around would lead to toys, manga reprint and maybe a TV anime. As long as I get an Alita toy I'll be happy even if the movie is a wreck.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:57 pm

I was recently talking to a friend who was helping them scout locations for the production and he filled me with disappointment for the movie. He talked about them going on a trip & finding all these great locations in Mexico & South America to shoot the film and how when they took their findings to Rodriguez he was very excited because "we can replicate all this in a computer!". :/

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:44 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I was recently talking to a friend who was helping them scout locations for the production and he filled me with disappointment for the movie. He talked about them going on a trip & finding all these great locations in Mexico & South America to shoot the film and how when they took their findings to Rodriguez he was very excited because "we can replicate all this in a computer!". :/

Uuuuugh, this is my favorite series ever by a longshot. Please, just let us get some nice toys at least.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:46 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I was recently talking to a friend who was helping them scout locations for the production and he filled me with disappointment for the movie. He talked about them going on a trip & finding all these great locations in Mexico & South America to shoot the film and how when they took their findings to Rodriguez he was very excited because "we can replicate all this in a computer!". :/

:grumpyno:

I mean, I get it. I totally do. Location shooting is hard work and can be very expensive to get a whole cast and crew passports and filming permits and all that but YOU'RE A HOLLYWOOD MOVIE THIS IS JUST HOW YOU DO THINGS.

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:02 am

http://www.avclub.com/article/go-villain-jackie-earle-haley-joins-alita-battle-a-242621

Well, even though this is just a listing this tells a bit I think. “monstrous cyborg in a villain role,” means it can really only be Makaku or Den. So we're either dealing with a film that adapts the entire manga or only the first volume. I get more scared with every single piece of news. Again, I'm so sure the film is going to be absolute garbage I'm only interested in what secondary effects it will have. DB Kai came out of renewed popularity from the film right? Ruroni Kenshin revoltechs came from renewed interest due to the the live action film. So here's hoping we at least get some nice tie ins like a new anime or cool toy.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:40 am

Well I'd never heard of this franchise before, but having looked it up...it looks awesome. I'll watch the anime/read the manga or whatever first, but if the movie's good I might watch it. Who knows, could be OK.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:19 am

With all the casting details that have been said recently such as Zapan being mentioned by name, motorball being mentioned, the description of a boy who sounds an awful lot like Hugo and a "monstrous" cyborg; we can say this film without a doubt is adapting at least the first half of the manga. Four and a half volumes, just cram it in there. I'm glad this film is getting made at least which is more than can be said about the plethora of development hell anime films like Lupin or Eva but I can't say I expect it to be good at all.

Return to “Film and Video”