FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:05 pm

Anybody got any recs for fics where Asuka and Shinji have a kid? Waff, darkfic, whateva.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:47 pm

^
Have you heard of The Second Try?

How have you not heard of Aki Ikari? :lol:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:50 pm

View Original PostGlor wrote:Anybody got any recs for fics where Asuka and Shinji have a kid? Waff, darkfic, whateva.

JimmyWolk's works with the exceptions of
SPOILER: Show
"The Ikaris" and "The Price of Fame"
all include an S/A brood. If you're put off by the minor grammatical errors and suchlike in the very early chapters of T2T rest assured it improves from "much better than my German" to actually pretty good by the midpoint, if my recollection is accurate. In any case read the doujin epilogue "Aki-chan's Life" because it is the most adorable thing known to man.

H.E.R.Z., with the disclaimer that it was written before the FFN era, before the EFO and EvaMade eras, before the livejournal era, and so on (in fact parts of it were written before EoE was available stateside and had to be revised by the author) and thus it follows a post-3I scenario that's pretty far out of sync with the gestalt of the current fandom.

MidnightCereal's "Dinner Time", maybe, depending on how you interpret some bits. Asuka definitely has a kid there. My headcannon on this one is that it's in continuity with an omake from one of his other fics.
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Don't forget Bagheera's spinoff story
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KobayashiRiku » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:46 pm

I'm looking for something I haven't read before in the Team Blue vein, any suggestions?

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:08 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:^
Have you heard of The Second Try?

How have you not heard of Aki Ikari? :lol:

I've heard of it, just never bothered to read it. Reading Aki's Life now. Iuvenal was right. It's too adorable. I can't handle it.

H.E.R.Z. I never got very far into. I'll give it another try.

Thanks for the recommendations!
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:45 am

Yo Jimmy, did you happen to come up with the name of Aki first or was it from someone else? I read this fic that appeared in 2001-2003 and Aki was in it. It was terribly written, turned out Asuka was in a coma or Instrumentality and Aki was part of it.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

MisterHalt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MisterHalt » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:12 am

There's Axel Terizaki's Child of Love, if you can find it. Although that's focused on Asuka being surprise pregnant with Shinji's child.

Sadly it's a script fic.
Strength is being able to crush a tomato. Dexterity is being able to dodge a tomato. Constitution is being able to eat a bad tomato. Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad. Charisma is being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:44 am

Read Redhead, it's Child of Love but super funny.

MisterHalt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MisterHalt » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:47 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Read Redhead, it's Child of Love but super funny.

That's kind of a hard title to search for. Got anything more, like an author name?
Strength is being able to crush a tomato. Dexterity is being able to dodge a tomato. Constitution is being able to eat a bad tomato. Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad. Charisma is being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:01 am

^
ScarabEye3000, here's the link too [url]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2099381/1/Red-Head[/url]

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:59 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Yo Jimmy, did you happen to come up with the name of Aki first or was it from someone else? I read this fic that appeared in 2001-2003 and Aki was in it. It was terribly written, turned out Asuka was in a coma or Instrumentality and Aki was part of it.
A little late, but, yeah, the name originated from another fic, as I said in the Author's notes of "end":
A lot of the main idea came from darksaber's "The Sandman Effect", in which their blissful post-TI life was nothing but an Angel-induced dream. While the story itself isn't exactly a favorite of mine, focusing more on love-triangles and misunderstandings, I (obviously) really liked that premise. The name "Aki" actually originated from this one (as did the idea to the beginning of "repeat" with Asuka asking Shinji to tell her that it wasn't just a dream).

Not sure if you meant the same, but yeah, as said, the story itself wasn't very good (and I tried not to put it down too much there), but there's no denying that the premise (and my disappointment that it wasn't really taken into the direction I had hoped for) was a big spark for T2t.

View Original PostGlor wrote:I've heard of it, just never bothered to read it. Reading Aki's Life now.
Oh noes, you spoiled yourself the super shocking reveal(s) that I bet absolutely no one ever saw coming. :P

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:27 pm

^
Never read much of 2nd Try, just Aki-Chan's Life, most stuff I know about it is off of Tvtropes. I just thought it was weird.

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Just making a general rec for the forums, in case anyone passed it by on FF.net 'cause they weren't quite sold on it: Futures Freak Me Out

It's AxS, a good 7 years after 3I, kinda WAFFy, but also balances good drama and the baggage the two carry with them as they try and figure out how to be in a relationship. The chapters are fairly short, but it's got a very captivating narrative. Check it out.

Folk Devil
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Folk Devil » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:43 am

There was a fic I saw once ( I think on FF.net) where basically the premise was the angels don't stop coming, it starts at like the 87th angel or something. I haven't been able to find it since. Anyone know where it is?
The Creative Principle: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11251079/1/The-Creative-Principle

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:44 am

View Original PostFolk Devil wrote:There was a fic I saw once ( I think on FF.net) where basically the premise was the angels don't stop coming, it starts at like the 87th angel or something. I haven't been able to find it since. Anyone know where it is?

I've seen more than one with a premise like this, but I think I read the one you're thinking about the other day. It involved Asuka being made a junior tactical officer [read: Misato protege] due to mental damage from syncing with unit 02 (and abusing Shinji in various ways), Kodama mackin' on Shinji, and an angel attack at the beach. It was unfinished, and the author had three or four other good but unfinished works on FFN. For the life of me I can't remember the title :(

e: also, I read a fic a while back with the premise that Gendo had gotten absorbed into Unit 01 instead of Yui. Yui and Fuyutsuki were running NERV. IIRC it had progressed plot-wise to rougly even with episode 15 or 16 and the title was something Japanese. Anybody know the fic I'm talking about?
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:51 am

^The Foregone Conclusion by Mustachioed Cat?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:19 am

I remember that one. Started off pretty well but then took a very weird turn that just killed my interest.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:46 pm

^
It was probably the part where Asuka went batshit insane.. right?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Oh no, I was fine with that. :lol: Shinji becoming a dimension-jumping superman with a robot combat butler however... wtf was all that about?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Fanfiction”