What Are you expecting From the 20th anniversary(10/04/2015)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

Postby KobayashiRiku » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:07 pm

They're rebroadcasting the first episode of the Original TV series nationwide at 6 30 pm in Japan.

The last bit about the headline though, their might be some sort of announcement.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Soooooo it's happening?

New teaser for 3.0+1.0?

They wouldn't have left a tease in the end for nothing. Don't know why my thread was moved here (yeah i know same subject but still) since this seems it could turn out to be big (some news on Final since a long time).
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:42 pm

We've had way too many cases where straws have been grabbed at regarding glimmers of hope for an announcement about the next movie. When there's something definite, then we can start shouting about it.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

Postby KobayashiRiku » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:43 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:We've had way too many cases where straws have been grabbed at regarding glimmers of hope for an announcement about the next movie. When there's something definite, then we can start shouting about it.

Well that's the way I see it as well Tines, that is why I check to see if there's anything new in the Rebuild Section of the Forum every time I log on. I figure that the second FINAL news drops it'll be like Christmas Day on EvaGeeks. lol

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:16 pm

Sooooooo, you're saying there's a chance? :lol:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

Postby KobayashiRiku » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:54 pm

I think we're saying we have no bloody idea. We must watch and wait I guess, like I said, I imagine when FINAL receives some more news it'll be like Christmas Day at EvaGeeks

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:34 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:We've had way too many cases where straws have been grabbed at regarding glimmers of hope for an announcement about the next movie. When there's something definite, then we can start shouting about it.

We've had? I didn't noticed. The Japanese blog i am checking is very informative about anything and it's the first time in a while since it posted something about Evangelion, so that's why i posted it. Also the ''hint'' for something else besides the first episode is from the official Khara site and they will even have a livestream (including public showings in different cities). I mostly made the thread to inform the others about the livestream so anyone who wanted to catch the news first could see it live and i thought posting it in the Chit Chat section wouldn't get much attention.

Anyway, let's wait and see.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:47 am

They did drop the NTV Space Nigoki trailer on us by saying we should stick around after they aired 2.22, and the anniversary would be a great date to deliver that bombshell. Still, that's in no way a guarantee they'll do anything related to Final on Sunday.

They could deliver a special message to the fans to thank them for 20 years, or Anno and Tsurumaki could recreate the entirety of Episode 2 with finger puppets. Best to keep expectations low until we've seen what it is! ^_^

Edit: More news from ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-09-30/evangelion-marks-20th-anniversary-by-rerunning-1st-episode-at-exact-same-day-time/.93580
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:14 pm

Another event, yay:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

PurpleandRed
Adam

Postby PurpleandRed » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:52 pm

Dang, Evangelion had its 20th anniversary the same year it took place.
Asuka, you're not going to have any children.

You don't care about Hikari anymore, Asuka?

I want somebody to kick Asuka's butt! She is stupid, vain, and cries like a spoiled brat! Is there a game where you can kick her butt?

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:39 am

Here is my lineup for celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Evangelion

SPOILER: Show
October 4th: NGE Episodes 1-10
October 5th: NGE Episodes 11-20
October 6th: NGE Episodes 21-24 (DC only), EoE, NGE Episodes 25-26 (As a addition)
October 7th: Evangelion 1.0, Evangelion 2.0
October 8th: Evangelion 3.0, Until you come to me, Touch - Ode to Evangelion (AMV)
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:47 am

It's officially the 4th in Japan

http://www.evangelion.co.jp/

Thanks for the 20 years they say

Anno's statement:
http://www.khara.co.jp/2015/10/04/%E3%80%8C%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%80%8D-%E3%82%B7%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA20%E5%91%A8%E5%B9%B4-%E5%BA%B5%E9%87%8E%E7%A7%80%E6%98%8E%E3%82%88/
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:43 pm

What does it say?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:16 pm

To the effect of -- "We started planning this in 93, and it's now 20 years since the TV broadcast. What was the near future of series like Jetter Mars has become the present. Thanks to the staff and the fans, who have made it possible to make the new Eva now, so I'm doing my best with the movie version. Thank you all, very much indeed."
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:00 pm

So the usual things as always. I was hoping for something like ''we hope to keep fans happy through the next 20 years too''.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:16 pm

A scrap! A screenshot! A single line from the script! Anything!

Stop holding out on me Anno! I'm about to flip table!

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:05 pm

It's still early morning in Japan yet. Wait and see if anything pops up after the street view broadcast, then flip your table!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:22 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:''we hope to keep fans happy through the next 20 years too''.

I hope not--Khara should take on other projects besides Eva. Though it wouldn't surprise me if we'd get a rough sketch of something in FINAL today (like an Eva unit), but if not, at least Japan has plenty of celebrations going on.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Like the Rebuild of Nadia! :devil: Kidding, kidding.

I think Eva's become one of those juggernaut franchises like Star Wars and Godzilla where the main body of work can go dormant for a decade, but the spin-offs and merchandising keep the brand afloat and in the public eye. It wouldn't be surprising if we get some kind of side-story manga after FINAL or a third derivative reboot in another 10 years!

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 am

And...... nothing was shown/announced.

Anno and Khara really know how to make fans disappointed even at the 20th anniversary of EVA.

A 2017 release date for FINAL seems most likely at this point. This means that the Blu-Ray would release in 2018.

And to think that in 2013, Khara announced FINAL with a 2014 release.

What a joke.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”