The headcanon thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Ash1969
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ash1969 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:04 pm

I wrote down my headcanon on the personal details of all the named and unnamed characters (Name, Date of Birth, Alma Mater, Degree, and Place of Birth). If anyone's interested I'll post it up in the thread.
No my name is not a sex joke

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:04 pm

Tokugawa Ieyasu knew about Seele.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:29 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Tokugawa Ieyasu knew about Seele.

Ieyasu was Seele.

Also, everything in The Creative Principle.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KobayashiRiku » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:41 pm

Ok lets get this out of the way

--Headcanon pairings--

:shinji_eyebrow: x :rei_blush:
AND/OR
:shinji_eyebrow: x :misatogeh:
:toji_sulk: x :asuka_geh:
:kaworusparkle: x whoever he wants (idk why, but Kaworu always struck me as the kinda guy who could get anyone he wanted with out much effort, lol.)

--End Pairings--

:shinji_eyebrow: Can grow out of being a wimp, isn't an idiot so much as he doesn't apply himself,
:gendo: Isn't a total nozzle/can be saved from himself
:toji_sulk: isn't a dumb jock, its a part he plays, kind of like most other characters in the series wear a mask.
:hikari_happy: & :kensuke_sad: Become the Seventh and Sixth Children. Origin of their EVAs may vary.
:rei_blush: 's S^2 Organ is where her heart is not her Uterus. Also given enough time she can get along with :asuka_stare:

Hmm, a lot of other stuff, but I think I've made enough of a fool of myself lol.

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:25 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Tokugawa Ieyasu knew about Seele.

Hakone is the source of the Kuzuryū legend, where a nine-headed dragon settled down in Lake Ashi and demanded a virgin daughter for a sacrifice. Today the location of the Shino shrine to Kuzuryu is roughly where Tokyo-3 would be.

And yes, Ieyasu Tokugawa was a patron of the shrine.
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:01 pm

View Original PostGrand Duke of Yashima wrote:Hakone is the source of the Kuzuryū legend, where a nine-headed dragon settled down in Lake Ashi and demanded a virgin daughter for a sacrifice. Today the location of the Shino shrine to Kuzuryu is roughly where Tokyo-3 would be.

And yes, Ieyasu Tokugawa was a patron of the shrine.

This is amazing.

›þfw Seele using their nine abominations to brutally murder Asuka was also actually a ritual insult to their enemy of four hundred years.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:26 am

-Ritsuko and Misato probably slept with each other shortly after the later broke up with Kaji and Ritz was more than happy to oblige because she too is lonely and is missing intimacy/love in her life, while Misato wants to do anything to make the pain go away.

-I wouldn't be surprised if Misato and Kaji considered inviting Ritsuko for one of their sessions when they were in college, if you know what I mean

:hahaha:

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:10 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:-Ritsuko and Misato probably slept with each other shortly after the later broke up with Kaji and Ritz was more than happy to oblige because she too is lonely and is missing intimacy/love in her life, while Misato wants to do anything to make the pain go away.

I'm not really one to care, but there is a (partly) official image to suggest this.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:18 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:I'm not really one to care, but there is a (partly) official image to suggest this.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Though, I always felt that female roommates usually just go around without pants early mornings/late nights anyway. My sister's told me of plenty of times where her roommate was all like "I'm coming out with no pants on!" and she was like "Already beat you to it!"

Also, I don't know what Japanese bed customs are like.

MY HEADCANON: Evangelion Redeath. Like, the whole thing. Second Impact was merely a cover for the consequences of playing "Party Like It's 1999" after the year 1999.
Last edited by FreakyFilmFan4ever on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:25 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I always felt that female roommates usually just go around without pants early mornings/late nights anyway.

That sounds a lot more shocking in British English than I suppose it does in American English...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:30 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:That sounds a lot more shocking in British English than I suppose it does in American English...

Different folks, different strokes, I guess. Maybe it would be interesting to do a study on lazy attire throughout the cultures.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:32 am

Um, the point being not that we don't go trouserless at home, but that for us, "pants" reads as what you call "underpants"...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:34 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Um, the point being not that we don't go trouserless at home, but that for us, "pants" reads as what you call "underpants"...

I thought you called those "knickers" . . .
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:38 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Um, the point being not that we don't go trouserless at home, but that for us, "pants" reads as what you call "underpants"...

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh................................... :bigeyes:

...Yeah, I guess that would sound a little more shocking. Though, my sister once told me that one of her old bosses at a clothing store would claim to go commando to work. And then after that day had passed my sister and her coworkers realized that their boss was wearing a mini skirt the whole time and immediately started sanitizing everything she sat on that day.

I don't know why my sister tells me these things.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:39 am

Pants = knickers; for men usually pants (or boxers), for women more often knickers but pants can be used - either can wear briefs, though they're more fashionable for women than men. But we never use pants for trousers, and shorts (which for you are underwear, I think) are short trousers here, ie outerwear.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:45 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Pants = knickers; for men usually pants (or boxers), for women more often knickers but pants can be used - either can wear briefs, though they're more fashionable for women than men. But we never use pants for trousers, and shorts (which for you are underwear, I think) are short trousers here, ie outerwear.

No, shorts are short trousers for us as well. Underpants are either that, underwear, boxers/briefs, or (for women) panties.

But pants are always trousers for us.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:No, shorts are short trousers for us as well.

Ah, right. I was thinking of a QC comic in which "boyshorts" are certainly a style of panties (we use that word too).

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Boy shorts are the best. As are a good set of boxers or boxer briefs. The shape of briefs and panties I find to be too common and therefore uninteresting.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Here are some of mine:

The so-called "non-canonical angels" (Tunniel, Clockiel, the Insubstantial Angel, etc.) were in fact among the Angels fought by NERV in the original series, but they were all defeated offscreen or without Shinji's involvement.

Pen-pen's DNA was used to construct the organic framework for the Wunder, hence it resembles a bird.

All of the EVAs in Rebuild have a Beast Mode, not just Unit 02. Unit 01's is a dog, Unit 08's is a cat (similar to Unit 02), Unit 13 is a horse.

The reason Gendo wanted Jet Alone sabotaged was because it would have worked. It was powerful enough to put up a serious fight against EVA 01, and had it been fitted with the same weapons as an EVA it could very well have held its own against an Angel. But Gendo needed the EVAs for his plan to proceed.

Following Second Impact, Japan has surpassed the United States to become the world's largest economy.
Last edited by El Squibbonator on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:09 pm

Original series:

Duel of the Seeds totally happened. The LoL is actually both seeds' lances fused together following this battle.

Gendo was screwing Ritsuko while her mom was still alive.

Aoba is a sociopath.

Gendo wins EoTV, and instrumentality never ends. Good End.

EoE branch only:

Rei steps outside of time at the end, and her phantom appearances are her trying to make sense of why Shinji turned her down. The SDSS were misinterpretations of Rei telling someone in a dream conversation about how she became a time-traveler thousands of years in the series' past.

Yui took most of the souls with her to go do seed things elsewhere in the universe.

After leaving instrumentality Shinji went slowly crazy in isolation, then killed himself. Rei gave him a do over, and put Asuka there on the beach next to him the second time around. This will continue until Shinji actually does become satisfied with life or he changes his mind again and agrees to become one with her.

Rebuild:

The Wonder is built on the bones of Tunniel.

All the children are Adams clones. Mari and Asuka share the fourth (split) soul.

Glasses + Princess is definitely a thing.

ReiQ has part of Gendo's soul.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”