Bluray release (TV + original movies) - August 26th 2015

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Dougurasu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dougurasu » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Is there already anyone who has taken the liberty of combining and editing subtitle files to suit the blurays so we can just add those in our bluray applications? :)

And if not are there people who just have subtitle files of the episodes and films lying around? (Not expecting the extra's will be translated, but there's hoping :p)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Well, I noticed a little bit of a difference when I went to take my favourite screen-shot from the BD (click for full res on the BD screenies)

Manga DVD Collector's Disc Vol. 6.(downscaled) -- Image
New BD -- Image

Also splashes (which I didn't screen-cap way back when)

EDIT -- not so much of an interesting observation :(
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:55 pm

So this finally means whenever you make the point of EOE being Bad End, you'll now post the Blu-ray shot of Rei's head crashing into the atmosphere?

:hahaha:

BTW, I'm not sure that image is is from the Manga Entertainment DVD. It's a lot more wider and there are no crosses. It almost looks like a cell image.
"I am neither false nor fake, I am simply me." - Rei Ayanami, Episode 25, "Do you love me?" ("The Ending World")

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:09 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Well, I noticed a little bit of a difference when I went to take my favourite screen-shot from the BD

Your "before" image is not from a DVD, but from Collector's Disc Vol. 6.

Melchior
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Melchior » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:50 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Well, I noticed a little bit of a difference when I went to take my favourite screen-shot from the BD (click for full res on the BD screenies)

Manga DVD Collector's Disc Vol. 6.(downscaled) -- Image
New BD -- Image

Also splashes (which I didn't screen-cap way back when)

EDIT -- not so much of an interesting observation :(

Well, I'll be damned.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:56 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Your "before" image is not from a DVD, but from Collector's Disc Vol. 6.
Thank you. The passing of the years had left me with false memory as to the provenance.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

Dougurasu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dougurasu » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Okay, no one really went for the subtitles thing, except pwhodges (thanks dude :D), so I started making subtitles for myself to use in MacGo Blu Ray Player (but they'll work on windows too of course, just regular .srt subs).

Because I'm going to be watching episodes 24 (DC), 25, 26 and End of Evangelion with a couple of friends in a few days I focused on those. EoE was simple, someone had already put a download of that online. For the episodes however it's more of a problem. I don't want to change regions in MacGo Blu Ray Player which is a MUST if you want to open the disc with blu-ray menu's (even though Eva is region free, but still). What you end up with is a super basic menu which just shows you all the different video tracks. However the episodes are all just put together back to back in one LONG track. You can see how that would be a little more difficult for subs.

Right now I combined the subs for 23 (DC), 24 (DC), 25 and 26, which are all on disc 5 (all platinum release subs). However I don't have subs for the broadcast versions of 23 and 24 (I'm also missing them for 21 and 22). Does anyone have those so I can make a proper file for everyone to use whenever they want? I can do the other episodes too, and maybe the Death/Rebirth versions as well, maybe, though I'm no expert on all the various nuances between versions :o

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:39 am

There are subtitles in several languages for all episodes (except the OA ones, I'm afraid) and EoE synched to the BD here. More languages may still be added. The English is not Platinum, but fansubs from "Bloat".

In other news, I've been adding the English dub to the episodes for my own use (almost finished - just two to go); every single one has required a different adjustment to the timing...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Everybody finds love... in the end. (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Dougurasu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dougurasu » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:06 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:There are subtitles in several languages for all episodes (except the OA ones, I'm afraid) and EoE synched to the BD here. More languages may still be added. The English is not Platinum, but fansubs from "Bloat".

In other news, I've been adding the English dub to the episodes for my own use (almost finished - just two to go); every single one has required a different adjustment to the timing...

I have the [bloat] subs and according to their notes they are the Platinum subs :o

Well the search for the OA subs continues then :p I don't need them in any other language but english.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:54 am

Thanks - I hadn't realised that about the Bloat subs.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:45 am

Downloading those subs when I get home. I wonder what they're using for D&R (True) and EoE.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:04 am

They look like the Manga subs -- or at least have some of the same translation foibles

[code:1]Dialogue: 0,0:20:50.09,0:20:55.18,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,You see, Shinji, mankind was\Nspawned from a being called Lilith,
Dialogue: 0,0:20:55.18,0:20:58.37,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,just like Adam was.[/code:1]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:16 pm

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:50 pm

I already have some accurate EoE subs I've been using for the Renewal DVD. I'll just spruce up those and the Death subs I stitched from the platinum discs. All I really need are those full platinum rips, and I'll be happy.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:52 pm

FWIW, I think those are the subs Squall is putting together for his project (Platinum). EoE's Manga subs he's making a point of personally correcting their mistakes (and there was sadly a lot).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:56 pm

I used Eva Otaku's scripts for my EoE subs, with some tweaks here and there for consistency with the platinum subs. I only did that this past year. It's weird having that movie finally make sense. :tongue:

Bagheera
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Commie did a BD rip as well, though I don't recall what subs they used.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:23 pm

The main point of Commie is that they do their own subs. (And I note that they have made it clear that they will not be doing any subs for the series).

OTOH, I note they repeat the Lilith/Adam error, so perhaps they didn't do this.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:23 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:They look like the Manga subs -- or at least have some of the same translation foibles

[code:1]Dialogue: 0,0:20:50.09,0:20:55.18,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,You see, Shinji, mankind was\Nspawned from a being called Lilith,
Dialogue: 0,0:20:55.18,0:20:58.37,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,just like Adam was.[/code:1]

This seems like gobilitygook to me. I really don't understand some of the stuff you guys talk about.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 26 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:58 am

Ignore everything to the left of the last double comma; \N means a line break in the subtitles. The bochan_bird translation shoehorned into the same timing would be

[code:1]Dialogue: 0,0:20:50.09,0:20:55.18,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,Shinji, we humans were born\Nfrom a being called Lilith,
Dialogue: 0,0:20:55.18,0:20:58.37,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,who is a source of life\Njust like Adam.[/code:1]

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”