FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:13 pm

Anyone recall the name of that fic where Asuka joins NERV as staff and becomes disturbingly obsessed with Gendo?

I tried googling it, but turns out that's a rather unwieldy term to type into a search engine.

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby gorgeousshutin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:16 am

There's been one post E0E fic that gets better and better as it goes along called The Human Equation over at AO3. Wonder if it's been mentioned here yet?
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018)
(PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Nov, 2017)
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
(Banana Fish)Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 01, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works
or
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:46 pm

View Original PostAtropos wrote:Anyone recall the name of that fic where Asuka joins NERV as staff and becomes disturbingly obsessed with Gendo?

I tried googling it, but turns out that's a rather unwieldy term to type into a search engine.

Is that the one where she tries to fuck him? If so Nemz likes that one so he should know.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:50 pm

I don't recall enjoying any such thing, Chaddy. I'm not an Asuka fan in general, so why the hell would I enjoy a fic of her sullying Gendo with her slatternly ways?

I vaguely know the fic but can't think of the name, sorry.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:28 pm

^
Damn, I could have sworn it was you that liked it, nevermind then.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:31 pm

View Original PostAtropos wrote:Anyone recall the name of that fic where Asuka joins NERV as staff
This one?

Image Image

Stray Cat
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:29 pm

It wasn't a doujinshi, it was an English-language fanfic. I think it was on FF.net. I think I may have found it the first time in this thread, but apparently "Asuka tries to seduce Gendo" is a pretty unwieldy search term.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:42 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I don't recall enjoying any such thing, Chaddy. I'm not an Asuka fan in general, so why the hell would I enjoy a fic of her sullying Gendo with her slatternly ways?

You are talking about the girl who botched a simple kiss so badly it literally led to the end of human civilization as we know it, right? The notion of her seducing anyone is high comedy.

Sorry, Asuka. I love you to death, but you know it's true.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:55 pm

As I recall it was one-sided and Gendo locked her in one of the NERV detention cells. Not funny at all, actually, though it could have been.

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:08 pm

Bagheera wrote:The notion of [Asuka] seducing anyone is high comedy.

Asuka'S ADVANCED SEDUCTION MASTER CLASS FOR PROS ONLY

Tired of missing out on men's affection? Annoyed that [s]senpai[/s] some baka won't notice you? Fear not - with this course chock full of state-of-the-art weapons in the war of the heart, you'll have no trouble landing the man of your dreams!

Featuring step-by-step instructions in such cutting-edge techniques as:
  • Flashing him with your bra remaining on!
  • Shoving your boobs in his face while making snarky comments!
  • The wonderful world of insults - subtly let on your affection while letting him know who's boss!
  • 'Accidentally' wandering into his bed*!
  • Smooching with simultaneous suffocation! Bonus lesson that explains how to maintain a dreamy look on your face while doing this and effortlessly transitioning to a look of disgust at the end!
  • Straddling him and shoving your boobs in his face while making even snarkier comments!
  • Various styles of physical abuse; when and how to employ each to best effect!

Cupid himself will envy your arsenal of love after you take this class.
Enroll today!

* Circumstances may require putting your futon next to his instead of actually entering his bed. Some restrictions may apply. Void where prohibited.
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:46 pm

I was wondering: have there been any fics out where the only change in the story is that Gendo is undeniably altruistic? In other words, as opposed to trying to hijack instrumentality solely for the purpose of reuniting with Yui, he is instead focused on stopping Seele completely (as in being a double-agent, and trying to sabotage Instrumentality from the inside).
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:05 pm

It's vague but I think that was the direction Get Mother Back was going. That's the closest to a dead ringer I can think of, and it's short and done as a series of vignettes.

Walking in the Shadow of Dreams had a more-or-less Good Guy Gendo post-3I, but not before, but you're probably already familiar with that.

Our very own Chuckman's delightful Scrooged was arguably a take in that direction after a run-in with some recognizable ghosts, though it skipped from the beginning of the series to the end because being a day-one AU wasn't it's purpose.

The under-appreciated work Asuka Langley Sohryu, Pilot Errant from the tail end of the early FFN era had a Gendo who wasn't up to anything too nefarious, but that was a quasi-Ep26 AU, and it's certainly not the focus.

Also, besides Scrooged, none of these were or ever will be finished.
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:27 am

View Original Postgorgeousshutin wrote:There's been one post E0E fic that gets better and better as it goes along called The Human Equation over at AO3. Wonder if it's been mentioned here yet?

Oh man, I didn't expect to see that get mentioned over here! That's mine, glad to see you like it ^_^

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby gorgeousshutin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:58 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Oh man, I didn't expect to see that get mentioned over here! That's mine, glad to see you like it ^_^

It's very well done. Keep up the good work ;-)
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
or

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:36 pm

Okay, I'm going to bump a fic:

Shadow Technocracy Evangelion.

The writing is very good, the dialogue flows naturally, and the writer has a good grasp on the terminology he uses. It feels like a good story, reads like one, and has a good balance so far.

Also, the entire cast is OC: that might be a turn-off for some people, but I think that's quite a thing for a fanfic writer to attempt. Nothing wrong with setting a whole new story in a universe: it is a sandbox for our imaginations, after all. The characters kind of feel flat coming out, but I'm willing to give him time to develop them.

The story shows a lot of promise, and I think that the author (Venom Chills) can follow through on that.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:17 pm

It's not just OC worldbuilding, it's also an AU. They don't even call things evas and angels, and there are cyborg people running around. At that point why bother calling it eva fanfiction at all?
Last edited by NemZ on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Because it's largely inspired by Evangelion. It might as well be called a fanfic, if it is too close to the source material to call your own product.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:50 pm

Evangelion without the Evas? Inconceivable!

...I figure at a certain point of divergence, you just have to bite the bullet and differentiate your universe all the way. At first it's painful, but you'll be glad you did it later.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:57 am

Something called Infinite Genesis. I don't know if I posted it here already, but it's pretty much AU Evangelion with technology of Infinite Stratos. Sadly its unfinished and I can't contact author, but for what there is to read, it's rather nice. There are only few things that annoy me, but otherwise I enjoyed it. I also hope that someone here either can contact author about it or it will inspire someone to write his own version of this :P
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby gorgeousshutin » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:42 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Okay, I'm going to bump a fic:

Shadow Technocracy Evangelion.

The writing is very good, the dialogue flows naturally, and the writer has a good grasp on the terminology he uses. It feels like a good story, reads like one, and has a good balance so far.

Wow . . . a "EVA fanfic" with an entirely OC cast and without EVA . . .

Yes, the writing is better than many others on FFnet. But the vast majority of people read fanfics precisely because they want to see the show's characters and/or elements in situations not shown in the canon. Thus why this story has such a low review count despite the writing quality. I myself generally tend to find the presences of OCs jarring in fanfiction, and I do believe I am not alone here. It feels to me like that author is barking up the wrong tree by trying to pitch their 95% original work to Eva fans -- most of whom expects to see Eva characters in fics. They would've gotten more recognition by making the story 100% original and displaying it as original fiction.
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
or

Return to “Fanfiction”