Can you stop Gendo and SEELE's plans and defeat the Angels?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:59 pm

View Original PostIuvenal wrote:What happened to GNR at the end of this scenario?

I'm really not sure, other than Kaji reassuring(?) Misato.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BC Baron
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby BC Baron » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:05 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:*Steal a Harpy.*
*Fly back to NERV HQ and crush Gendo.*
*Cut off the hand Gendo fused with the Adam embryo.*
*Put hand-embryo on a rocket and launch it on a collision course with the nearest black hole.*

Problem solved, series over.

Speaking as a dedicated proponent for any type of Gendo-dismemberment, I must say these are all excellent suggestions, but is a harpy really necessary to complete the task? If, as the OP proposed, you are already a pilot, couldn't you just use your Eva?

Better yet, why not just strangle the guy with your own bare hands (more thematically appropriate I would think, considering how often it occurs during the series)? Shouldn't prove all that difficult either, since the only ones who seem to be protecting him at this point are Tines and NemZ.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:40 pm

I chose a Harpy because if I used my own Eva, NERV has all the access codes and could just shut it down, disconnect the umbilical cable, or kill me by overpressurizing the LCL in the entry plug (similar to what happened to Shinji when he tried to crush the command pyramid after the Bardiel fight). They most likely don't have the codes for Harpies. Also, in some continuities Gendo gets godlike powers from fusing with the embryo, such as the ability to project an AT field like the angels do. Conveniently, Harpies come equipped with anti-AT lances. Harpies also have infinite power supplies and... Harpy lips. :harpy_liplick:

Of course I could just sneak in and reprogram my own Eva's operating system so NERV couldn't interfere with it remotely, but given the complexity of Evas it would probably be easier to steal the Harpy. :lol:
[Redacted]

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:47 pm

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Re: Can you stop Gendo and SEELE's plans and defeat the Ange

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:48 pm

View Original PostShakivara777 wrote:if you were a character in evangelion World and you were an eva pilot :D
what will you do to defeat the giant Rei ?
what will you do to save the humans from turning into an orange soda XD
:reiquiz:

Dance like I mean it, baby.

:penpenatf:

It's always the penguin they least suspect!
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:51 am

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Problem solved, series over.

You forgot to take care of Seele, Nerv, Lilith, the Spear......
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:00 am

They can't begin Third Impact without Adam, and if the Adam-based Evas were viable substitutes I'm sure the SEELE members in Gehirn would have just used them right away instead of going through this whole convoluted mess.
[Redacted]

Blue Three
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Three » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:26 am

Why the mention of "EoTV" (how is that even a term?) in particular, separating it from the movie? Is there a point in separating those two?
Last edited by Blue Three on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:29 am

Blue Three: NemZ and Mr. Tines think that EoTV depicts an outcome that's completely different from EoE, and they make sure nobody ever forgets it.

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:They can't begin Third Impact without Adam

Seele doesn't seem to agree.

this whole convoluted mess.

What? Killing the Angels?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

NO TIME! BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:30 am

View Original PostBC Baron wrote:Speaking as a dedicated proponent for any type of Gendo-dismemberment, I must say these are all excellent suggestions, but is a harpy really necessary to complete the task? If, as the OP proposed, you are already a pilot, couldn't you just use your Eva?

Better yet, why not just strangle the guy with your own bare hands

Best to drop an N2 mine on him from 50,000 feet. It's the only way to be sure.

And, let's face it, there's just not enough time in this busy world to show everybody the courtesy of a good strangling.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Blue Three
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Three » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:43 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Blue Three: NemZ and Mr. Tines think that EoTV depicts an outcome that's completely different from EoE, and they make sure nobody ever forgets it.

Oh well. Why simple when you can have it complicated. -o-;

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:54 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Seele doesn't seem to agree.

Would they even have been able to use a Harpy as an Adam substitute, though? As far as I know they have artificial S2 engines. Unit 01 does have a real S2 organ, and was made from Lilith, but despite eating an Adam-based life form and absorbing its S2 organ she never impacted (of course if we were talking about Rebuild that would be a different story). Or maybe the Spear itself was the intended Adam substitute? I do remember them saying something about using Unit 01 and the Spear as a backup plan.

And yeah I was talking about Gehirn/SEELE sealing Lilith away, creating NERV, having NERV kill all the angels, then initiating an invasion of what was essentially their own base to get back to Lilith. Seems like they could have just caused Third Impact with Lilith and the Adam embryo/the Spear/whatever and let the new god(s) kill all the angels (unless the angels would have been instrumentalized along with humanity, in which case I understand why they'd want to kill them first.

Anyways, to be on the safe side I revise my plan: After securing the hand-embryo, I'd get back in the Harpy and kill Unit 01 before Shinji could awaken her (probably with the fake Spear). That would leave plenty of time to launch the embryo into space as well as hunt down and exterminate SEELE before they could retrieve the Spear from the moon and possibly do something weird with it and Lilith. After the extermination of SEELE, we could figure out what to do about the spear (possibly cause a dirac sea event on the moon with a rigged S2 engine and throw it in?)
[Redacted]

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:43 am

View Original PostBlue Three wrote:Why the mention of "EoTV" (how is that even a term?) in particular, separating it from the movie? Is there a point in separating those two?

Let's just say there is disagreement over the matter. :uhh:

Search for discussions on "concurrency" for more...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Blue Three
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Three » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:33 am

Obviously there is or was at some point. If nothing else, how does one reconcile the two pieces not being complimentary with them being part of a single home video release? :ehh:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:48 am

Bear in mind that the US releases that most English speaking fans own have never had EoTV and EoE in the same box! But anyway, there are shows out there with alternate endings; some people think this is one, but others (including me) disagree.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:00 am

View Original PostBlue Three wrote:Obviously there is or was at some point. If nothing else, how does one reconcile the two pieces not being complimentary with them being part of a single home video release? :ehh:

I wouldn't say that the endings aren't complimentary, just that whether or not they occur within the same continuity is ambiguous and debatable. Do they feature the same ending in different ways, or are they alternative endings with different implications? Read more on it here:

NemZ Edit: added a bunch more links, now in chronological order

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/1833/EoTV-EoE-Concurrency-and-Gainax/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/2133/EoTV-EoE-Episodes-Concurrency-Project/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/2738/EoTV-vs-EoE-again/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/7692/At-what-point-does-EoE-segue-into-episode-25/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/8122/An-EoE-Theory-thats-been-confusing-me-Concurrency/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/8141/What-isConcurrency/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/8727/On-Air-vs-Directors-Cut-Whats-canon-retcon-whats-not/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/9200/An-Argument-for-Transhumanistic-Instrumentality/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/9421/Does-Yamagas-statement-about-EoTVvsEoE-affect-concurrency/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/10029/Okada-Evas-Ending-Was-Decided-at-the-Last-Moment/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/10494/Concurrency-Rises-from-the-Grave/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12277/Ep-25-Script-and-its-Implications-Concurrency/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13243/EoTV-EoE-Narrative-Concurrency-Reasons-for-and-Against/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16216/Instrumentalities-and-running-away/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16619/Whatever-happened-to-the-OTHER-concurrency/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16715/EoE-and-the-DC-Retcon-or-Not-split/
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:46 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Blue Three: NemZ and Mr. Tines think that EoTV depicts an outcome that's completely different from EoE, and they make sure nobody ever forgets it.

We aren't the only ones who do, we just tend to be the loudest about it. We kinda need to keep at it to raise awareness of alternatives for noobies and to keep these discussions from being completely overrun with unchecked EoE fans. :lol:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:14 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:We aren't the only ones who do, we just tend to be the loudest about it. We kinda need to keep at it to raise awareness of alternatives for noobies and to keep these discussions from being completely overrun with unchecked EoE fans. :lol:

I don't think I've heard it from anyone other than you two, though it'd be silly to think no such people exist.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:51 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:As an EVA pilot, you're in the wrong place to have much effect
Or perhaps not. If you could de-fuse the toxic situation in the Katsuragi household (by being DJ Croft, for example), and leak some convincing documentation about what was really going on, then maybe you could end up running your own hack on the end-game, with multiple S2-equipped Evangelions holding the field of combat after taking down the harpies.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:22 pm

The only way to thwart Gendo's plans/3rd Impact, IMHO, would be totally depended on Rei's agency, whether she chooses to return to her roots (Lilith) or not, as well as Gendo NOT having Adam. Yeah, good luck with that.

:rolleyes:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”