Ban notices

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:31 pm

User nervshatter
Banned Until Forever
Reason Permanently banned for consistent hostile, uncivil and disruptive posting with no contributions whatsoever, plus flagrant racist and misogynist abuse.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:43 pm

User PurpleandRed
Banned Until August 21, 2015, 943 pm
Reason 3-day limbo ban while the staff decide further action. User had an all-caps screaming meltdown and had to be stopped from posting for a while.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:47 am

User Squigsquasher
Banned Until September 21, 2015, 647 am
Reason Casual anti-Semitism on a board with standards. This is not 4chan.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:32 pm

User r1cepurin
Banned Until September 19, 2015, 632 pm
Reason Posting extremely offensive imagery related to anti-semitism and sexual assault. Invoke these again as subjects of a joke, and you will be banned permanently.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:47 pm

User TehDonutKing
Banned Until September 22, 2015, 1247 am
Reason Increasing attitude issues including a recent history of intentionally obscene posts and baiting the staff.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:05 am

User Lavinius
Banned Until September 23, 2015, 705 am
Reason Banned for one month due to multiple instances of anti-Semitism in the recent past. Any further anti-Semitism will earn a permanent ban.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:18 pm

User PurpleandRed
Banned Until August 25, 2015, 118 pm
Reason Cooldown ban in response to user getting way too worked up (including bold-text all-caps shouting) and to give the staff time to deliberate on further action. This was the user's second outburst requiring such immediate action.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:32 pm

User PurpleandRed
Banned Until October 2, 2015, 1232 am
Reason Yet another screaming meltdown. Duration 1 month. The next time will be much longer, up to and including indefinitely.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:51 pm

User UrsusArctos
Banned Until October 6, 2015, 751 pm
Reason Decided to ban myself on the way out so I could see how it was. Ready to let go and begin a new stage of existence off the forum. You know where to find me if you ever need me.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:36 am

User nguyentienhung
Banned Until Forever
Reason Piracy Spam

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:11 pm

User Squigsquasher
Banned Until Forever
Reason A long history of behavior requiring moderator attention combined with continued belligerence despite multiple warnings, previous bans, and one very clearly last chance. It has become clear that you have no intention of coexisting peacefully with the site.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:33 pm

User SEELE
Banned Until October 12, 2015, 633 pm
Reason Mistreating a fellow user and then rejecting a warning for it. Duration is preliminary and may change with further deliberation.

DMYSYS
Automated Ban-bot

Postby DMYSYS » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:08 pm

User PurpleandRed
Banned Until October 6, 2017, 708 pm
Reason Persistent immaturity, the last straw being the recreation of a topic after it had been locked. Duration 2 years.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: Ban notices

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:56 am

The ban bot is out of commission, so...

User: unz
Banned Until: December 20, 2015, 06:50 am
Reason: Backtalk to a staffer in response to an official warning (issued privately, not in-thread). Duration: 2 weeks.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:22 am

User: Dima
Banned Until: February 14, 2016, 07:20 am
Reason: By request.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:17 pm

This got overlooked...

User: Bagheera
Banned Until: 7 days (until Mon Mar 21, 2016 07:49 UTC)
Reason: A recent history of aggressive posting despite multiple warnings.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:09 am

User: Kouzou
Banned Until: TBD (default: 7 days, until April 24, 2016, 00:05 am)
Banned Until: Forever.
Reason: Direct, abusive remarks towards other users, and a clear unwillingness to get along with the forum that seemed highly unlikely to change.
System Administrator

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:22 pm

User: Xard.
Banned Until: January 24, 2018.
Reason: Returning only to intentionally troll ("Look, I know I'm writing provocatively on purpose"), and in the Serious Discussion subforum where such behavior is to be less tolerated. Length of ban influenced by current infrequency of visits; anything less would have had no effect.
System Administrator

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:33 pm

User: Tumbling Down
Length: 1 week
Reason: repeated instigation and abuse of memes as replies after being warned
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:05 am

User: Bagheera
Length: 18 weeks (until 25-Nov)
Reason: Inability to amicably disagree without disparaging the other person in some way, creatively reinterpreting what opinions and facts are in play or resorting to conversation-terminating clichés, over many threads, topics and years.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”