Why is Asuka so nice to Hikari?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
PurpleandRed
Adam

Why is Asuka so nice to Hikari?

Postby PurpleandRed » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:39 pm

I don't hate Hikari but I don't like using her name so I use whatsherface instead sometimes. Miss Goody-two-shoes is always so nice to her in the anime and hardly ever points out faults from her. but a little mean in the manga and I recall her showing her boobs to Kaji, which was disagreeable. If she were real, I would worry if she even likes me. Because she's so mean to everybody and the mean girl likes to act like a goody two-shoes to Hikari, which is unbalanced to me.

Excuse me, but there's a lot of questions in this series. But people hardly talked about why Asuka may like Hikari and instead, thinking that she's too unfriendly to make friends with. I would make friends with her for her relationship to Hikari. But I would knock her out for being a jerk to me but not whatsherface!!!

Did Asuka even do any other kindness in the Rebuild movies besides making a cookout for whatshername after she shared lunch with her (and there is a hint of freaking friendship with them in there, too, after I was told that she didn't make friends with her :fume:)
Asuka, you're not going to have any children.

You don't care about Hikari anymore, Asuka?

I want somebody to kick Asuka's butt! She is stupid, vain, and cries like a spoiled brat! Is there a game where you can kick her butt?

Ash1969
Embryo

Postby Ash1969 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:50 pm

View Original PostPurpleandRed wrote:I don't hate Hikari but I don't like using her name so I use whatsherface instead sometimes. Miss Goody-two-shoes is always so nice to her in the anime and hardly ever points out faults from her. but a little mean in the manga and I recall her showing her boobs to Kaji, which was disagreeable. If she were real, I would worry if she even likes me. Because she's so mean to everybody and the mean girl likes to act like a goody two-shoes to Hikari, which is unbalanced to me.

Understatement of the year.

View Original PostPurpleandRed wrote:Excuse me, but there's a lot of questions in this series. But people hardly talked about why Asuka may like Hikari and instead, thinking that she's too unfriendly to make friends with. I would make friends with her for her relationship to Hikari. But I would knock her out for being a jerk to me but not whatsherface!!!

Did Asuka even do any other kindness in the Rebuild movies besides making a cookout for whatshername after she shared lunch with her (and there is a hint of freaking friendship with them in there, too, after I was told that she didn't make friends with her :fume:)

I think she was friends with Hikari simply because whatsherface (I might call Hikari that from now on) was Class Rep. In addition, Asuka seemed to be friends with other girls at school but we, the three stooges, and Rei never met them.
No my name is not a sex joke

PurpleandRed
Adam

Postby PurpleandRed » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:23 pm

View Original PostAsh1969 wrote:Understatement of the year.

I think she was friends with Hikari simply because whatsherface (I might call Hikari that from now on) was Class Rep. In addition, Asuka seemed to be friends with other girls at school but we, the three stooges, and Rei never met them.

Asuka never made friends, nobody wanted to make friends with her and thus, she doesn't know them well enough to be fighting with them. And the three stooges is not a phrase.

I want somebody to kick Asuka's butt! She is stupid, vain, and cries like a spoiled brat! Is there a game where you can kick her butt?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:31 pm

PurpleandRed wrote:I recall her showing her boobs to Kaji, which was disagreeable
Ash1969 wrote:Understatement of the year.

In other words, "disagreeable" was the understatement.

Ash1969 wrote:but we, the three stooges, and Rei never met them.

In other words, not we, not the three stooges (Shinji, Touji and Kensuke), nor Rei are shown meeting other girls. (The three stooges is a perfectly respectable term)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ash1969
Embryo

Postby Ash1969 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:32 pm

View Original PostPurpleandRed wrote:Why is it an understatement? That was wrong!

Asuka never made friends, nobody wanted to make friends with her and thus, she doesn't know them well enough to be fighting with them. And the three stooges is not a phrase.

The disagreeable part makes it sound too innocuous.

Did you see all those classmates she was talking and interacting with in Episode 9? Sorry about the three stooges thing. It's just a common nickname in the community for Shinji, Toji, and Kensuke.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:35 pm

No friends? then whats this? http://wiki.evageeks.org/images/4/49/M26_C421_Group_Photo.jpg
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:39 pm

The three stooges has its origin in a phrase used by Asuka in episode 18 if I recall correctly.

Platinum edition, ep 18 wrote:Shinji:
What happened? You left before me, but you're awfully late.

TOJI:
What, no marital spat today?

Asuka:
I just didn't want to see your ugly faces! You three damn stooges!
Asuka:
This is about Suzuhara, isn't it?

HIKARI:
Yes. You could tell?

Asuka:
It's obvious. The three stooges are about the only ones who don't see it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ash1969
Embryo

Postby Ash1969 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:40 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:No friends? then whats this? http://wiki.evageeks.org/images/4/49/M26_C421_Group_Photo.jpg

An imaginary photo of the main cast from Instrumentality? Was that supposed to be rhetorical?

PurpleandRed
Adam

Postby PurpleandRed » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:59 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:No friends? then whats this? http://wiki.evageeks.org/images/4/49/M26_C421_Group_Photo.jpg

A photo of everyone in a get-together.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:01 pm

And why would Asuka be apart of it?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Iuvenal » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:01 pm

Asuka throwin' up the horns (new headcannon: she got her degree at Texas A&M) while Hikari looks stoned as hell. Kaji is grimacing (is he constipated?). Aoba is peepin' on Maya. A doofus arranged the picture, because he didn't put all the short folks in the front (and I bet Misato looks as irked as she does because this is the third or fourth take).
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:06 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:The three stooges has its origin in a phrase used by Asuka in episode 18 if I recall correctly

Hikari in Episode 9, too.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ash1969
Embryo

Postby Ash1969 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:10 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:And why would Asuka be apart of it?

No reason, I don't really see your point. I mean the only main character(s) missing besides Gendo for obvious reasons, is Kaworu or "the one episode wonder" and Fuyutsuki (You can see Rei's hair behind Shinji and between him and Aoba).

PurpleandRed
Adam

Postby PurpleandRed » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:12 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:And why would Asuka be apart of it?

Because it's a get-together

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:13 pm

She could've chosen not to be apart of it. that and the fact that she looks rather pleased to be with everyone

PurpleandRed
Adam

Postby PurpleandRed » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:17 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:She could've chosen not to be apart of it. that and the fact that she looks rather pleased to be with everyone

It's fun. She's a sociable person, but she chose to be a part of it because maybe she likes get-togethers.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:18 pm

How can one be sociable and not have friends?

Ash1969
Embryo

Postby Ash1969 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:19 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:She could've chosen not to be apart of it. that and the fact that she looks rather pleased to be with everyone

Aoba is arguably more anti-social/misanthropic than Asuka (though certainly more friendly and professional). Yet there he is perving it up with Maya and Ritsuko
(I thought he was asexual?).

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Iuvenal » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:28 pm

View Original PostAsh1969 wrote:Aoba is arguably more anti-social/misanthropic than Asuka (though certainly more friendly and professional). Yet there he is perving it up with Maya and Ritsuko
(I thought he was asexual?).

Dude plays guitar, he's probably drowning in chicks who hate their dads.
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: Why is Asuka such a goody two shoes to whatsherface?

Postby Bagheera » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:57 pm

View Original PostPurpleandRed wrote:I don't hate Hikari but I don't like using her name so I use whatsherface instead sometimes. Miss Goody-two-shoes is always so nice to her in the anime and hardly ever points out faults from her. but a little mean in the manga and I recall her showing her boobs to Kaji, which was disagreeable. If she were real, I would worry if she even likes me. Because she's so mean to everybody and the mean girl likes to act like a goody two-shoes to Hikari, which is unbalanced to me.

That's because she's not really mean to anyone. Shinji frustrates her, she's jealous of Misato, and Rei freaks her out, but apart from being arrogant and disdainful toward her "lessers" -- i.e., anyone who's not an adult -- she's actually perfectly pleasant to be around.

Excuse me, but there's a lot of questions in this series. But people hardly talked about why Asuka may like Hikari and instead, thinking that she's too unfriendly to make friends with. I would make friends with her for her relationship to Hikari. But I would knock her out for being a jerk to me but not whatsherface!!!

I've never encountered anyone who had such an unpleasant attitude toward Hikari.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”