[News] strange happenings of 2015

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:25 pm

Meh. We had dolls for boys back when I was a kid.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:58 pm

My parents had dolls and other figures in the house when I was a kid. I just didn't want to play with them at all-- I wasn't pressured one way or the other. It just didn't strike my fancy in the slightest.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Brits going to the moon... BP

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:01 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Meh. We had dolls for boys back when I was a kid.

Isn't the moon the one place in the Earth sphere you haven't invaded? Remember, we called dibs. :tongue:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Morgan Freemans granddaughter brutally murdered by her religious extremist fiance.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/16/man-stabs-ex-girlfriend-to-death-on-sidewalk/

There's always someone who has to do horrible crap like this in the name of Jesus. . .Please be respectful

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:39 am

Why she got hooked up with that monster in the first place?

:facepalm:

---------------

Wow... Something I posited in the fanfic I wrote not so long ago became disturbing reality.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/08/report-claims-kaspersky-faked-malware-to-trip-up-competitors-products

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:03 pm

Starbucks will begin serving craft beer and wine on evenings

Good. So that way when I come in I'll have an excuse to be naked and start going on about how only hipster fucks drink from Starbucks

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Scott McNeil is always fun. BP

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:43 am

^ Hey, I resent that. I consume just their store stuff, and the only thing I've ever watched "ironically" is MLP for its density of Warhammer 40k alumn.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Squigsquasher
Banned

Re: Scott McNeil is always fun. BP

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:13 pm

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:^ Hey, I resent that. I consume just their store stuff, and the only thing I've ever watched "ironically" is MLP for its density of Warhammer 40k alumn.

You are already tainted and must now be purged.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:19 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:You are already tainted and must now be purged.

Dakkadakka forums wrote:Squigsquasher: Resident ban magnet, White Knight, and general fethwit.

:huh:

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:21 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote::huh:

Wait, you were on DakkaDakka too?

Horrible place. I'm glad to see the back of it.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:48 pm

English school children among unhappiest in the world due to bullying

I thought it'd be South Korea because they literally have to spend long hours going to school and they come home at about 9:00pm and only have time for dinner. Then again, schools can suck for a plethora of reasons. US schools will always be number one at having the worst nutritional education and school lunches though.

Also...

Japan has so many 100-year-olds that the country cannot afford to give them presents anymore

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:05 pm

This is from the Daily Express so take with a pinch of salt, but here goes anyway: "We can't prove sex with children does them any damage" says the National Council for Civil Liberties (closely linked with Labour).

This. Fucking. Country.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Read the whole article, she then goes on to describe the NCCL as "Naive and Wrong" look squig i get that you want to constantly prove that this country is somehow falling into mad max levels of moral decay but at least fully read the thing.
Plus that news is more than a year old.
Last edited by Rosenakahara on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:14 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Read the whole article, she then goes on to describe the NCCL as "Naive and Wrong" look squig i get that you want to constantly prove that this country is somehow falling into mad max levels of moral decay but at least fully read the thing.

I know that, I read the article. Doesn't mean it's not disgusting that this kind of stuff goes on in the upper echelons of our government.

Of course it IS the Daily Express, so YMMV.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:22 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Read the whole article, she then goes on to describe the NCCL as "Naive and Wrong" look squig i get that you want to constantly prove that this country is somehow falling into mad max levels of moral decay but at least fully read the thing.
Plus that news is more than a year old.

And the stuff it's talking about happened in the early 80s. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed, but it hardly says anything about the country now.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:27 pm

NASA gets mad props as usual for finding creative ways to avoid the budget limit while still doing what they love:
[url]http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/nasa-is-raiding-museums-for-spare-parts-1302255[/url]

In other news scientists discover a cheaper, more efficent type of glass by complete fucking accident
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:08 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:NASA gets mad props as usual for finding creative ways to avoid the budget limit while still doing what they love:
[url]http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/nasa-is-raiding-museums-for-spare-parts-1302255[/url]
I saw the Atlantis when I was at Kennedy a couple months ago. Is was a truly breathtaking sight. Holy BALLS is she big, too. Truly beautiful. It's a shame she'll never fly again. They also have a Saturn V hanging from the ceiling in one of the big halls. Fucking massive. Words cannot describe the size.

Yes. I love air/spacecraft.

It's a shame that NASA doesn't have the budget for new parts. But I suppose this works, too. Despite being old, those components were designed to survive hell, multiple times. I'm sure a couple more visits won't hurt.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Something else... B/

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:57 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:NASA gets mad props as usual for finding creative ways to avoid the budget limit

It's not much different from the SLS system, which is being built out of essentially spare parts from the Shuttle program.

Just to say though, not getting where they think this is due to "cuts". NASA received a hike last year. $18 billion is slightly above their post-80's average.

It's probably just the result of unplanned contingencies. The ISS was originally slated to fall by next year. There would have been no need for a new tank in that event.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:32 am

[url]http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/aug/20/radio-hosts-tell-woman-live-on-air-her-husband-had-ashley-madison-account[/url]
Would post the link to the video i got it from but...........its a TYT link and i don't trust them with anything regarding cheating as ana has admitted to cheating on her ex boyfreinds several times so of course she is going to defend this.

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:32 pm

teen to be charged with rape and attempted murder of 5 year old girl

2 teens being charged in shooting death of deliveryman in crescentville

Never change, America. Also who the fuck would kill a delivery man? Sounds like my old neighborhood B3

And finally...

Baltimore ranked above New York for annual homicides

I *would* make a comment as well about the tension between North and South Korea, but thanks to the no politics rule I cannot. I just wanna say, it's past the time the North claimed they'd do something, I'm still alive and Kimmy boy hasn't done SHIT!

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”