Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:06 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Making sure that the Xeno's don't ruin other peoples lives like they ruined theirs?

If you look back on Aliens, Burk didn't have an easy time dragging Ripley back out to that planet. So I think they would probably try to avoid getting mixed up with them again unless it was absolutely nessecery.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:21 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Making sure that the Xeno's don't ruin other peoples lives like they ruined theirs?

In Aliens they basically had to bribe Ripley (by offering to let her work on spaceships again after she got fired for blowing up the Nostromo) to get her back to LV-426. That said, Ripley overcoming her fear of the Xenomorphs is part of her growth throughout the movie, from having recurring nightmares to gunning the things down.

That said, the comic books at the very least create an image of a Ripley determined to hunt down and exterminate the Xenomorphs, although that has not been shown as prominently in the films.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Film and Video”