Otakon 2015 Industry Panels

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:50 am

So if Funimation IS truly sitting on the release I guess they're waiting to release it around some financial date to boost their sales records. Something that as a business they can go "See, we did record sales in Quarter 4 of last year & that's why we need more money".

Either way if Khara really did do their end then the release could happen whenever. All Funimation would have to do is some English re-recording if needed, print the discs & ship them. They could easily knock out a Christmas release.

I can wait for a Blu-Ray release as long as needed. I've got the Japanese release, looks fantastic on my shelf & the picture quality is phenomenal when played on my TV. Having a large copy of the film on my computer with subtitles is just a placeholder for now.

Excited to hear that Khara is doing some work on Final. That's been my thought regarding the film since Anno announced his Godzilla project. The worst thing someone in charge of a studio can do is tell his staff "I'm gonna go do this other thing. You guys just sit here & either be paid to do nothing or not get paid at all". If the Khara guys knock out some of the more basic busy body work on Final while Anno is doing Godzilla then I could easily see two Hideaki Anno movies getting released to theaters within a 12 month period.

Which would be AWESOME!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:56 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I spoke with a source very close to production at Khara.

1) The ball is in Funimation's court. Funi is not being held up by Khara.

2) Though Anno is working on Godzilla, production on the final Rebuild film is active and ongoing. The wheels are in fact turning.

1) I'm very glad to have that cleared up, because I had honestly started believing that it had been Khara up until now. In that case, I wonder what the hold up is with Funi?

2) Also good news. The fanboy in me never doubted it, but confirmation is always welcome.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:08 am

^ Yea, so the next time Funi say's "Look at the Q&A" when regarding Eva 3.33, it's a load of crap.

With 3.0+1.0, am I the only one thinking it will be released shortly after Annozilla?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

FrDougal9000
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FrDougal9000 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:45 pm

So let me see if I can get this right: the English release of 3.33, which has been delayed for over a year and a half since its original intended release, is stuck in some sort of development hell due to FUNimation's incompetence/inability to properly manage resources into finally putting out the damn thing?!

...And some industry figures wonder why anime piracy can be so high with nonsensical idiocy happening round the clock.

(At this, I'd be perfectly okay with getting even a Mangle-version of 3.33 at this point, just so I can finally watch the damn thing without having to resort to distant conventions or fansites.)
Pen-Pen died for your sins!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:29 pm

^
Buy and rip Japanese media; play accompanied with available subtitle file. That's what many people have done.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:54 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:^ Yea, so the next time Funi say's "Look at the Q&A" when regarding Eva 3.33, it's a load of crap.

Well, it doesn't mean they're lying about anything. It doesn't mean Khara is commandeering it. It just may mean that Funi wants to do something special or better with it and they're periodically consulting Khara. But what I took away is that Khara has fulfilled obligations to Funi where that's concerned.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:57 pm

I hope they give us a more in-depth explanation for why the dub was delayed this long once the thing is finally out.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:37 am

Underpants Gnomes.

[url]http://southpark.cc.com/clips/151040/the-underpants-business[/url]

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:08 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I spoke with a source very close to production at Khara.

1) The ball is in Funimation's court. Funi is not being held up by Khara.

2) Though Anno is working on Godzilla, production on the final Rebuild film is active and ongoing. The wheels are in fact turning.

Who is this source ? He lives in Japan ?
How pourcentage are they from the final product (of final) ?
Can we expect a 2015 release ?

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:14 am

We're seven months into the year with zero official news, so I would say a 2015 release is absolutely out of the question at this point. We had the NTV Space Asuka trailer and a lamp drawing of Eva-02' over a year before Q came out.

The Paper Lamp Festival is coming up next month (7-9) and Anno has submitted a lamp drawing every year the last few years: Unit 01 alpha in 2010, Unit 02' in 2011, Unit 08 in 2012, 2013 was unrelated to Eva iirc and last year was the 3.0+10 title. We'll see if any kind of tease or hint comes out of that.

Edit: Godzilla's suposed to start production soon (if it hasn't already), so if he draws a new lamp this year it could be Godzilla-related too.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:57 am

View Original Postairman4 wrote:Who is this source ? He lives in Japan ?
How pourcentage are they from the final product (of final) ?
Can we expect a 2015 release ?

I was with Aaron at the time and although we can't say any more, you can have my assurance as well that they are familiar with Khara. We're lucky that people in the industry are friendly enough to talk with us.

Remember, the people involved with this stuff are people, there's no grand plan to hide information or strategically leak it.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:14 am

@Eva Monkey - I jumped the gun a bit, but now that we know it's not Khara, Funi should at least give us a date. And I agree with Ray on this, hopefully they will explain the reason why it's been delayed for so long.

@BlueBasilisk -Hopefully the Paper Lamp festival will show us something, or even another NTV airing of Q. Which IIRC happened a few weeks after last years Lamp festival.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Anno will draw another Godzilla footprint for the Lamp Festival.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”