FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:36 pm

You know it's possible to give yourself a heart attack by drinking too much caffeine.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:36 pm

As the Officer Lou on the Simpsons once said. . . "Devil's Mouthwash".

Remember, everything in moderation. Even moderation itself.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:37 pm

I wish that I could turn back time, 'cause now the guilt is all mine...

Also: How many beers after the rum did you have?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:21 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:This was a mistake, and not one that I plan on making again.

You sure sound hungover. :rolleyes:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:05 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Alcohol = sugar, so it's the same effects on your body, even if that was just soda.

:headscratch: ...Come again? I assume this is only in regards to the causes of a hangover?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:20 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote::headscratch: ...Come again? I assume this is only in regards to the causes of a hangover?

Alcohol is created from fermented sugars.
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:29 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:You sure sound hungover. :rolleyes:

I had seven cans of Coke in four hours, man! It was a terrible idea and I don't want to do it again!

Ari
Adam

Postby Ari » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:30 am

So! I lost my 3ds somewhere in my house today and I'm 99% sure it should be in either of two rooms, even though I also looked all around my house. I spent over an hour looking for it and nothing came up. Given that I live in a household with three sisters, I think it's gone for good, along with the game inside of it. And I have only had this one for two weeks. What a shame.

I think one of my sisters might have stolen it but I can't be surw[/i]

I'm starting off the summer and I need something to stave off boredom when I have nothing to do.

I think I have emulated every Genesis and SNES game worth playing, so I'm at a loss right now

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:56 am

get a job.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:11 am

"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:02 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote::headscratch: ...Come again? I assume this is only in regards to the causes of a hangover?

Not even that. I would still suspect that Nuke's hangover was from caffeine rather than sugar.

I've found that there are various descriptions of a so-called sugar hangover in rather third-tier sources, but the mechanisms described to account for them are different so I couldn't quickly find a consensus. The most convincing described a pathway leading to dehydration (which is what makes a hangover), so drinking plenty of water is again the way forward.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ari
Adam

Postby Ari » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:09 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:get a job.
i have one

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:14 am

If you're all done with SNES and Genesis, why not try emulators for other old consoles? Or, if you can, get some modern games to play. Some of those can be pretty great and stuff.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:16 am

View Original PostAri wrote:So! I lost my 3ds somewhere in my house today and I'm 99% sure it should be in either of two rooms, even though I also looked all around my house. I spent over an hour looking for it and nothing came up. Given that I live in a household with three sisters, I think it's gone for good, along with the game inside of it. And I have only had this one for two weeks. What a shame.

I think one of my sisters might have stolen it but I can't be surw[/i]

Can't you ask for it back?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Ari
Adam

Postby Ari » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:36 pm

I found it! Turns out it was hidden. Like legit for an 18 year old my sister is p. immature :uhh:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:57 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Not even that. I would still suspect that Nuke's hangover was from caffeine rather than sugar.

True, too much caffeine (or any, if you have certain health issues) can have very nasty effects, too!

Either way, plenty of water is definitely the key to feeling better.

I remember that around March, I had a soda for the first time in about 2-3 years...My body was not happy with the effects. I usually only drink water, but sometimes almond (or regular) milk, or tea (generally herb), so yeah.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:20 pm

I tried eating some little red peppers that looked like beans that were mixed in with my Chinese food. Apparently, those aren't meant to be consumed.

It was followed by a lot of milk and cold water. I'm not even good with spicy food to begin with. My tongue was burning.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:09 pm

Pfft. Lightweight.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:44 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'm not hungover, but I did drink seven cans of Coke last night in order to stay awake during a massive, twelve-hour party. It's the morning (afternoon by now) after, and I do not feel good. In fact, I feel very bad. This was a mistake, and not one that I plan on making again.

12 hours.

If I have to keep up that way, get a nap for a while, and one bottle of Lipovitan or Red Bull will do more than 7 cans of Coke.

----------------
Sometimes my Facebook newsfeed is enough to make my eyes roll, as some local presidential candidates and their fan bases are starting to take on the aura as if they're going to save humanity. Particularly one who seems to be more interested in putting a bullet on every perp than being a technocrat.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:41 pm

I underestimated the amount of reading my summer classes will require. Got to catch up tomorrow. Also lost my financial calculator which means I'm going have to buy a new one if I can't find it by tomorrow morning.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”