[News] strange happenings of 2015

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon May 25, 2015 11:07 am

Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Mon May 25, 2015 1:53 pm

This Zero Tolerance policy has gone way too far. . . that's all I'm saying about it.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon May 25, 2015 6:08 pm

There are... a lot of tornadoes happening right now, guys. Like, a lot.

I think Texas just hit 47 tornadoes for this year. By comparison, we had 19 last year. At this point in the year, we had, like, 4.

We've already hit 47. In Texas alone. The national average has been over 500 (over 200 confirmed touchdowns).

That's a lot of tornadoes.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Bryan
Adam

Postby Bryan » Wed May 27, 2015 4:28 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:No doubt. I expected an angry redhead, and got yet another child prodigy. I am disappoint.

To be fair, I am an angry redhead. I don't have her hips though.

Shinoyami65
Seed
Seed

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:05 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:No doubt. I expected an angry redhead, and got yet another child prodigy. I am disappoint.

Perhaps it's secretly a front to prop him up with confidence and recruit him into Nerv.

It is 2015, after all.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Wed May 27, 2015 10:32 am

Thank you based USA. There is that sweet satisfaction seeing corrupt FIFA assholes getting dragged out of their 5 star hotels.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed May 27, 2015 12:05 pm

^

Frigging yes. I wonder if this will sluice into exactly how Russia and Qatar won the rights to host the World Cup. Pretty sure these officials won't feel compelled to take one for the team.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed May 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Just an FYI, I know there's some people here who use GIMP on windows:

[gplus:1ml7xeer]https://plus.google.com/+gimp/posts/cxhB1PScFpe[/gplus:1ml7xeer]

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed May 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Why on earth would they do that? There must be some back-story.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Everybody finds love... in the end. (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed May 27, 2015 6:47 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Thank you based USA. There is that sweet satisfaction seeing corrupt FIFA assholes getting dragged out of their 5 star hotels.

USA: "Sometimes, we're actually admirable."
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri May 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Fri May 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Here comes the plot of 28 Days Later.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri May 29, 2015 2:11 pm

This is nothing new. There's a reason why there have always been instructions to store uncooked meats, especially chicken, below other things, and to cook thoroughly and wash carefully.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Everybody finds love... in the end. (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri May 29, 2015 3:39 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Why on earth would they do that? There must be some back-story.
Stories about crapware installs from Sourceforge have been floating around for a couple of years now. I suspect that the site is losing money because everyone's on GitHub or possibly BitBucket these days, but rather than fold gracefully like Google Code, they're trying to stave off the inevitable by the sleaziest means possible.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri May 29, 2015 6:46 pm

"Rickrolling is sexist, racist and often transphobic in context"

(Do actually read the thing before commenting. Those who don't will be pretty easy to spot.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri May 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Monk if this was your attempt to rick roll me it failed, i listen to this song regardless, its damn good cheese.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Fri May 29, 2015 8:45 pm

I always liked Sonia better than Astley anyway. We should start Sonia rolling instead.

Not this time, Monk. I could see that coming a mile away.

BTW, this is Sonia's best tune by FAR.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and the End
The Beginning and the End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat May 30, 2015 7:47 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote: i listen to this song regardless, its damn good cheese.

Yes, indeed. I actually like Astley's signing.
[Became a moderator on December 31st, 2007. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX.
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

Postby Xard » Sat May 30, 2015 7:56 am

The contrast between Astley's booming voice and his build is what has always amused me the most about Rickrolling. Song is pretty tasty slice of cheese for sure and that voice is rather impressive.

View Original PostFireball wrote:Thank you based USA. There is that sweet satisfaction seeing corrupt FIFA assholes getting dragged out of their 5 star hotels.

YESSS
ran1: Oh gosh this sentence gave me an internet boner. You're so tsundere.
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
And don't forget to wear the Ran mask.
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat May 30, 2015 8:13 am

:penpenatf:

DAMN YOU, ZAPX!!!!!
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”