Who will die in Final.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:11 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:In regards to who dies in Final. I don't have much hope for anyone on the Wunder. With Evangelion Unit 01 acting as the central engine you just know at some point she's gonna come bursting out of there with a righteous fury.

I don't think it'll happen like that: EVA-01 is supposed to be a good guy, or at least at Shinji's side, with Yui and especially Rei II inside it.
It'll be hard to see it as anything but a monster and an antagonist if the first thing it does at reappearing in the plot is to murder all of the Wunder!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:16 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:With Evangelion Unit 01 acting as the central engine you just know at some point she's gonna come bursting out of there with a righteous fury.

There is another way. You'll see!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:57 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I don't think it'll happen like that: EVA-01 is supposed to be a good guy, or at least at Shinji's side, with Yui and especially Rei II inside it.
It'll be hard to see it as anything but a monster and an antagonist if the first thing it does at reappearing in the plot is to murder all of the Wunder!

That's what we thought in EoE, but you see how that turned out!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:18 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:That's what we thought in EoE, but you see how that turned out!

EVA-01 didn't killed anyone when she emerged from NERV in EoE, the only killing was under Shinji's crazed orders.
It's possible that EVA-01 will again tang humanity in Shin, but I don't think that it'll kill people before that, especially not the people of the Wunder, which is presented as mankind's greatest hope and its crew as the next generation that will inherit Earth and the symbol of humanity struggling to carve her own path.

Having them being wiped out by Unit 01 would be like in NGE, as if Yui appeared, spat on WILLE and told them "nope, all of your struggles were meaningless, everything was already predestined by virtue of one woman that installed herself in this purple abomination 24 years ago, and the resolution of the conflict will be exclusively in the hands of the people I have chosen and there's nothing you can do to stop me, but thanks for entertaining us!"
And frankly that would be lame. NGE had a foreboding sense of impending apocalypse, something that deep down tell us that it won't end well and that in the end the apocalypse will happen since there are too many forces at works to bring it (albeit with different results in mind) and too little trying to oppose it, but in NTE it's very different: for once the good guys managed to unite into a coherent and strong force able to fight the ancestral conspiracy and be a genuine threat to their plan (or at least something they can't overlook as insignificant, as poor Misato was in EoE), the fabled apocalypse was even averted twice! (trice if there really was another Third Impact involving the 12th Angel) so having it subverted by making their struggle meaningless again and their fate tied to the whims of a select few, as if everything was fated since the beginning, well frankly that would sucks for me.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:EVA-01 didn't killed anyone when she emerged from NERV in EoE, the only killing was under Shinji's crazed orders.

Asuka and Kyoko would like a word with you.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:56 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Asuka and Kyoko would like a word with you.

Killed as in directly killed, by her own hands, like crushing someone under her foot while raising out of the Geofront.
It'll be hard for Shinji (or the audience) to believe that the resident of EVA-01 want his own good if it just crushed to death people right in front of him, so imagine what would happen if EVA-01's actions directly kills most of the good guys faction, whom all of Shinji's former friends belongs to? How will it be possible to then see EVA-01 as anything but an antagonist? (bot in and out-universe)

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:17 am

But then WILLE will get in the same situation as Shinji: They made a choice to hook up a monster that caused apocalypse to their ship, and now people die beacue of that choice :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:30 am

Eva01 was really important in NGE, I can't imagine it not being so in NTE. So if Eva01 is going to be back in action, then I can only imagine that it has to rip out of the Wunder, unless it was previously damaged.

I think, in some final showdown, the Wunder will get shot down and out of commission, then Misato shoves Shinji in Eva01, and there we go

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Wasn't saying Unit 01 was going to directly kill everyone on the Wunder.

BUT I do think having your central engine wake up, rip itself out of it's cocoon/cage & leave the ship might not be the best option for what it is essentially a flying submarine.

Wille's just taking "the power of the gods" (or whatever) & trying to cage it for their own means. In this case for power & the ability to fly. When in narrative fiction has "encaging a powerful force & using it for your own ambitions" EVER worked without dire consequences at some point?

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Perhaps Unit 01 will decide to merge with the Wunder instead of destroying it, creating an even bigger armored cyborg Ark Gurren Lagann style? We already had one eva in Q (Mark 09) try to fuse with the Wunder, so it shouldn't be impossible.
[Redacted]

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 pm

If Eva-01 does rip out of the Wunder, I can imagine that the ship will be able to make a fairly successful crash landing. Assuming that Yui doesn't try to kill everybody on board, they should be fine in that scenario.

strawhatpatriot
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby strawhatpatriot » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Mari.

I have a feeling that anno is finally gonna do something with her, and it will be glorius.

I hope
Congratulations!

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Gendo has to die to redeem himself. Anno is too much of a hack animeism writer to not do it now.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:51 am

Sometimes when I really get to thinking about everything Shinji's been through, and get really depressed. Myself. I genuinely wonder if he'd be better off dying in Final.

Of course this is just me spouting off my depression fueled thoughts to get them out of my system, of course I don't believe Anno will do that. . .but at the same time. . . At this point Shinji's like a terminally sick patient, who's gone through so much trying to get better but only ends up worse off than before. His very existence is suffering. On one hand as long as he live, there's hope he might one day recover or a miracle cure might happen. On the other hand, he's in horrible pain and will likely be in horrible pain for a long time to come. And what if he never gets better? wouldn't it be the lesser of two evils just to put the poor kid out of his misery?

I dunno, ignore me if you feel like it. I just had to get this thought out if my system. It just crossed my mind while writing.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:42 am

I think Shikinami, Mari, and Shinji are gonna die.

They'll come back though.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:34 am

We don't yet have any reason for Mari to die, or more particularly for her to come back if she does.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:45 am

They'll use a continue of course! :D

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:09 am

We will die in final. Probably banging heads on the desk and foaming. :|
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:39 pm

^
Those epileptic seizures suck ass.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Well I don't understand why people are assuming Final is going to be the last movie, we are obviously going to get a 5th movie in which Shinji comes back as the true last angel and has to battle Giant Naked Pen-Pen, the new God of the world in who uses Wille and Neo-Nerv as his toys. The battle will have triple the anime graphics of life, and will be released when the real 3rd Impact occurs. It will end with Shinji and Asuka waking up on a beach, confessing their love for eachother and making out. To which there will be an epilogue that shows Asuka cooking for Shinji, her most true role since getting choked out by Shinji in EOE.

... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously now- I will actually go ahead and be a first to maybe not say something like this, but the first once to refrence where my thought comes from.

Shinji in Final needs to evolve to the new world he has unintentionally created, or he must die. This is a complete refrence to what 343 Industries has said about the Master Chief for Halo 5. However I believe it is relevant to Shinji, as he did create the world he is miserably living in, I say he also has the opportunity to change with it as well. There are also characters like Asuka, Misato, and he'll even ReiQ who might help him along the journey that he will take when Final releases. By evolving in the new world, part of it would be learning to deal with all the suffering and pain he has gone though. Which is the same thing that he does in EOE, and the rebuilds are still said to be a reconstruction of NGE. So it is t out of the realm of possibility that he will end up doing the same in Final, and again Asuka and Rei are around and he'll even Mari might help him a bit.

So simply put my thought as, In Final, Shinji will under go once tremendous change, it might be a deeper understanding of life and learning how to deal with pain, it may be death. I just presented the reason as to why Shinji wouldn't die, he is after all the MC.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”