Live Action Legend of Zelda series in dev. by Netflix

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Live Action Legend of Zelda series in dev. by Netflix

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Check dis shit:

[url]http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/02/06/legend-of-zelda-netflix-series/[/url]

I can't imagine this actually seeing the light of day, let alone in a fashion that would merit spending tens of millions of dollars on it.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Absolutely disgusting.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me princess!

I cant see this being any good giving link a voice has never worked, have we forgotten: "i just wonder what ganons up to"?

Now a live action Metroid series? that idea i can get behind.
Seriously i have the metroid 3ds theme nintendo, i spend all my money going out of my way to buy all the metroid games what more do you want from me?
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:09 pm

Plis no. On the other hand, this could work as marketing.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:19 pm

What was the last video game adaptation live action series that worked?

(Not a rhetorical question.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:33 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:What was the last video game adaptation live action series that worked?

I don't think they've ever adapted a video game into a live action television show before...they've only ever been theatrical features, none of which are regarded by the general public to be good or even great movies. That isn't to say they've all been box office failures, though.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:43 pm

the first silent hill movie was ok.
and the first resident evil movie was good in a b-movie camp sort of way.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:51 pm

I just think live action doesn't fit Zelda.
After watching the beginning of the Smash Palutena reveal trailer, I think having a Zelda anime could be cool. It could be...
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:14 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:I don't think they've ever adapted a video game into a live action television show before...

There was a Mortal Kombat live-action series, but that's the only one I can think of. And I never saw it but I assume it was nothing special.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:06 am

"Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups"

guess the writers of Under Siege 2 knew about you, too

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:44 am

Now staring Orlando Bloom as Legolas....
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:26 pm

This'll never happen. . .

Several years back Imagi (The creators of the CGI TMNT and Astro Boy movies). Approached Nintendo with a pilot episode for a CGI Legend of Zelda Move and/or TV Series. They turned them down, because Nintendo is very picky about who they choose to work on movies or shows about their properties.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:52 pm

"...like Game of Thrones... but typically with a more light-hearted, kid-friendly tone."

:lol:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:47 am

Well this should be fun. And by fun I mean a complete disaster.

Now a Zelda anime made by Bones (or someone similar)? That could be good.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:20 pm

After giving this some thought...
This won't work. You know that debate over if Zelda should have actual voice acting? It shouldn't. Not having voices makes the game ambiguous. Ambiguous things are scary, mysterious. The series would need to be animated and silent to convey the atmosphere. And they won't do that. Zelda is a game for a reason.
That's how I feel about FF VII and a potential remake of that game too.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:01 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:That's how I feel about FF VII and a potential remake of that game too.

Our "remake" was the PC version ported over to PS4. Clearly it ain't gonna happen. :irked:

I personally do prefer games where you fill the voices inside your head to games that are voiced (as in: early FFs to later ones).

I don't really see how this idea could work, but it's more funny to me than anything else. If it somehow does, more power to them. We have some Zelda fans in my family (including myself) so I'll have to let them know.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Our "remake" was the PC version ported over to PS4. Clearly it ain't gonna happen. :irked:

Square Enix made History that day.

I don't really see how this idea could work, but it's more funny to me than anything else.

Yeah, if it's going to be bad, I hope it's bad in a "so bad it's good" way.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:30 pm

All these negative nellies....

I have no positive ir negative expectations until more is known.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”