Recent Hauls 3: The quest for more stuff

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:28 am

Christmas stuff:

Odilon Redon Artbook:
SPOILER: Show

Hiroshige's One Hundred Views of Edo:

The Canterbury Tales:

Treasury of the True Dharma Eye:

The Civil War:

I was really excited to get all of these. The Norton Edition of The Canterbury Tales was something I had my eye on for a while, it's got great notes, secondary scholarship and a pronunciation guide.

Edit: Not sure why they're embedding sideways. If you click on them the flip back up.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:04 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:I've been meaning to get into Berserk proper for a while now but quite a few of the volumes are OOP, meaning I'd have to order them from Amazon at a premium or second-hand. Although I'm certain there are many affordable copies if I actually looked into it, having only read up to the second volume the story hasn't quite sunk its hooks in yet.

I'd say it is easier to acquire the earlier volumes now than it was a year and a half ago.
[Url=http://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=berserk&category=2633&page=1&searchRefined=1&ieutf8=%E2%98%A0&searchAddedTerm=&submit=Go&price=&availability=&format=&searchSortBy=popularity&searchLang=123]You just have to look in the right places.[/url]
Voluntary Illusion.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:28 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:
The Civil War:

Exactly like the one I got.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:31 pm

I was at Office Depot and picked up a new tablet. It's the Stream 7.

It's an x86 tablet, runs Windows 8.1. It's not amazingly powerful, it's got a 1.66 GHz Atom in it with only 1GB of RAM. The screen is reasonable in terms of resolution (1280x800 on a 7 inch tablet). My only gripe is that, for some reason, the screen refresh rate is locked at 53Hz, which has the unfortunate effect of fucking shit up that is locked to the screen refresh rate, and expecting a multiple of 30. SNES8x+, for example, the sound clicks because it isn't updating at the right rate. Whatever, I can work with it.

The awesome part is that it's an x86 tablet, that runs Windows (though I would prefer Linux, will give it a shot), with a reasonably powerful processor FOR $100. I shit you not. Only $100. Holy balls.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:16 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:The Civil War

This is an excellent work and very readable despite its length, Foote covers the entirety of the war across all theaters.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby mechashiva » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:53 pm

So went to Walmart with my Mom and brother and though it took a while to make up my mind (they had "Kiki's Delivery Service", "Princess Mononoke" and the first season of "Sailor Moon"), I got the complete series DVD of "Cowboy Bebop"

:shinjismile:
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:07 pm

Kinda late, but here's my haul from this past Xmas:

- Huion H420 tablet (mainly for Osu)
- 64 GB microSD card (for my phone)
- 4-port USB 3.0 hub
- Shin Megami Tensei IV

That's all in addition to various steam games I bought for myself. :lol:

The next thing I'm looking for is a way to wirelessly cast the desktop from my computer to an HDTV. I know you can do this with Chromecast or Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter, but I'm not sure which to pick or if there's an even better alternative. I'm guessing a virtually lagless cast is a bit too much to hope for.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:09 am

This week I received my orders of Corsair's Vengeance M65 mouse and Samson's Meteor Mic. I will be posting pictures once I get my mic stand and other stuff to complete my new setup.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:44 pm

I got my figure of Minerva from Transformers: Super-God Masterforce and Kiki's Delivery Service Bluray/DVD combo pack delivered today! Was actually delivered a couple days early!

(Minerva may be the most frustrating figure I've owned with her stupid fucking hair not clipping on and shit, I got it on, but it's LOOSE)
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:28 am

After saving up for about a month I decided to buy myself some new headphones as a (very) late Christmas present, and finally got myself a pair of Sennheiser 439s.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:20 am

I finally have everything I ordered:
- Samson Meteor Mic & a mic stand for it
- Corsair Vengeance M65
- SteelSeries QcK mouse pad

There's no photo of it, but I also got my BD player that can play R1 discs so that I can watch my BD anime and Criterion releases.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:49 am

Well, there goes this week's spending money...

"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:56 am

Instead of spending 40 euros on Crusader Kings 2, I decided to buy Valiant Hearts: The Great War, Braid and Banished for the same price. I'll just wait for the Steam summer sale so I can get CK2 for less money.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:26 pm

More graphic novels are always a good thing.

Second omnibus of Hack/Slash. I really love this series, Cassie is my comicfu.

More Hellblazer paperbacks. Death and Cigarettes collects the final 8 issues of the 300 issue series, so I'm excited to see how it all ends for John Constantine.

And the second, super sexy, full colour omnibus of Highschool of the Dead. As with the first one, the jacket's inside folds out into a very lewd poster that can't be shown on a Scientology forum such as this!
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:17 pm

I couldn't imagine a better way to briefly break my hiatus than to post pictures of what arrived at my home today. What arrived at my home today, you ask?

It is unclear, but lo! A better picture emerges.

I ordered both existing Evangelion CRCs off of Mandarake about a week ago. They arrived today.

Being the person I am, I had to meticulously record the opening process.

Here they are, next to one another:

If you're wondering, that orange thing over the 2.0 CRC is a little bag that came along with the items. Here it is:

Here's the full opening of the 1.0 CRC.

There were some papers right underneath the cardboard. Couldn't read 'em, but I didn't toss them.

This was the moment where I had my freakout. Turns out that these came with a film strip. I WAS NOT EXPECTING A FILM STRIP AND NOW I HAVE ONE AND I AM VERY HAPPY.

This is the collection of art and interviews and stuff. There's one (big) book inside the sleeve.

And here are the storyboards, part A and part B.

Here's the photos from the 2.0 CRC.
Pretty much the same as the other one, but a lot heavier. This one came with a film strip as well, which also made me super excited.

The picture isn't very clear. This is from the scene right after Sahaquiel explodes and the blood is rushing towards New Tokyo-3.

There were two books (!) inside this sleeve. One's art; the other one is filled with things more closely related to the film.

Storyboards: parts A and B, and then parts C and D.

Here's the books on my shelf:

And here's me holding both of them (wearing the silly shirt I got as a gift for Hanukkah:)

I'm insanely excited to own these. I can't wait to actually look through them, since I was so exhausted after opening the box that I actually felt tired enough that I didn't want to leaf through the books. I'll probably do that over the weekend when I finish up with more real world stuff.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:08 pm

So glad to hear you managed to buy both, and you did get some film strips! :D
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:30 pm

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:More graphic novels are always a good thing.

My brother...

:smokin:

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:

Whoa, that's awesome. Every time I've gone to buy the CRCs I've always ended up chickening out at the last second. Congratulations on the purchase, man.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Apparently, you get all this free stuff when you reach 100k on Stack Overflow:

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Awesome pickup, Nuke. Shipping must've been a bitch though, my sympathies.

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Every time I've gone to buy the CRCs I've always ended up chickening out at the last second.

I found the 2.0 CRC in Akihabara Book Off. When I tried to open it to check the contents, I ripped the box. :bigeyes: Audible rip too but none of the people in the aisle browsing looked at me. Put the CRC back on the shelf and walked out of there like nothing had happened.

The one thing stopping me from picking it up if I hadn't damaged the box was the weight. The previous day I had hauled a ~10 pound bag of Evastore purchases all the way to Ikebukuro, Harajuku, and Tokyo Tower, in the rain. I was not going to be humping 20 pounds through Akihabara and Nakano and with my previous purchases it would have already taken up half my check-in's weight limit on the 3rd day of the trip.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Got myself the Canon AE-1 Program after doing a lot of reading on photography and being inspired by photographers such as Nachtwey, Sontag and a bunch of friends who are amazing at it.

If you want to point out my rad ass bedsheets I'd like to inform you that I drown in pussy every night

Got it fairly cheap used, some cosmetics errors, but still works flawlessly.
Those variable costs (Film, Development, Scanning, Print) are gonna kill me but I love it :lol:

Shutter clink mechanic = cathartic.
:D

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”