Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:35 pm

Well, 2nd day as assistant tech and we got the go ahead from corporate to scrap our most problematic machine. It was a kiddy ride that was easily 15 years old and had bad hydraulics which were deemed too expensive to replace, so we spent the day breaking it down and cutting it up. Got covered in hydraulic oil and made quite a mess, but it was a fun day.

We are also getting new games at the end of the month, so that will be fun to get them all placed and setup, as well as learn how to work on them also.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Apparently when I bought my GTX 970, it comes with my choice of a free game from a selection of three Ubisoft titles. I had no idea.

I just got Far Cry 4 for free! :woohoo:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:26 am

Very nice!

Our Technical Manager at my work has been talking about Far Cry 4 a lot. It sounds like it's a great game. He has got me wanting to pick it up asap. :lol:

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:30 am

^ It had some performance issues with high settings on launch, but I figure they must have fixed them already with a patch. Otherwise, the only criticism I have heard of Far Cry 4 is that it is too similar to Far Cry 3 - to the point it does not really offer anything new to players who have completed 3. Personally I cannot say whether it is true or not because I haven't played either of them.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:55 am

Got my splint off today. Now I just need to exercise my elbow every hour and by the end of the month I should be home free.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:02 pm

I am now a full-time employee of the United Parcel Service.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:22 pm

Awesome. Congratulations on the job, man.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:46 pm

So it turns out I can choose the SAT scores I want to send to college of choice; It asks for individual scores of each subject, which means I can choose the best grades of the individual subject.

So a super score of about 2100 is still what I got.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Hey, that'll get you into the majority of the colleges in the continental US. Good job!

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:58 am

Congrats on the job Kazuki_Fuse and that's awesome Stryker!

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Finally beat fire emblem awakening: (totally not days of) future past DLC and finished the main game a second time.

since i had to grind and spent hours on getting support conversations my total playtime is........68 hours and 59 minutes.
and i don't feel like i wasted any of that time, this game is amazing and deserves all the love it gets, im not even a fire emblem fan, marths games don't interest me but the writing and story here plus the way the characters interact was just.......bravo, but if you are going to make another fire emblem game guys make sure it continues the future past storyline because otherwise the "everything you do is canon" aspect of the game will be lost and i really appreciated that.

yes this deserves to go in this thread, i feel awesome right now because of this.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:27 pm

My copy of Bayonetta 2 finally arrived!

Moon River, wider than a mile...~
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:37 pm

I received an email from Nintendo informing me that if I've purchased both versions of Smash Brothers, I can register them to get the Mewtwo DLC for free. At first I was like "Oh no!" because Nintendo game cases come packed with excess crap I often throw out, and I worried that my registration codes went out with the trash. But no, Nintendo did what good companies do and printed it on the inside of the cover art itself, to make more certain that I would not accidentally throw it away.

:woohoo:

This is what good companies do. And that's not even beginning on the sheer awesomeness of getting Mewtwo for free!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Something tells me that when this console generation is over, everyone's going to praise Nintendo the most.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Got me a second little square.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Adjusting to a new city has been kinda meh, especially when considering that I don't really know anybody out here and I'm broke, but I applied online to a couple local Starbucks today and got a call back already! Tomorrow there's going to be a job fair at one of the stores that will be discussing open positions for the entire district. The manager I spoke with made it seem like their particular store needed someone they could train to be a shift lead, which is what I had been doing at Dominoes for the last two years. It sounds promising! I have a friend that works for Starbucks, and she loves it; they provide great pay, benefits, and pretty flexible hours. Plus, I've become a bit of a coffee fiend lately, so I'm really crossing my fingers for this one!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:43 am

Managed to replace my old philosophy class that had a time conflict with one on existentialism. This is good because I don't want to have to take an extra class this fall when I have a bunch of challenging courses even if it is a low workload compared to what I'm used to.

It's kind of sad though, this might be my last non-major class I take in college...(well, non-business anyway) and I have so fond memories of those kinds of classes.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:09 pm

Sat down last night and banged out in one night the entire assignment I had all of last week to do but was too sick to do -- with enough time left over for a couple hours of Bayonetta 2. :guitarpunk:
System Administrator

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:29 pm

More RML than FML.

I now, officially, own my car. I bought it from my parents for $3000, payable over the next three-ish years. Also, got it back from the shop. It's all fixed and everything. Looks a beaut.

On the other hand, this means I will be paying my own insurance. Since Tampa is more expensive to insure in than St. Petersburg, I'll be paying about $200 per month to State Farm. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for the "good student" discount, I need a 3.0 GPA, I have a 2.94. But I plan to change that this term. I am determined.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:13 pm

View Original PostHow Monk read that at first wrote:More RML than FML.

I now, officially, own my cat. I bought it from my parents for $3000, payable over the next three-ish years. Also, got it back from the shop. It's all fixed and everything.
System Administrator

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”