Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:00 pm

You don't know how long it took me to realize that clown prince is a play on crown prince.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:12 pm

This is the punishment for all of your sins.

SPOILER: Show

AKA I wanted a new avatar and I already had a cropped version of THAT that I just needed to resize down to 125x125
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:38 pm

My friend had a punching toy in that style when I was really young. We used to beat the tar out of it. It didn't have a Sailor Moon face, though. That would have made things a touch more demented.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:04 am

I can't tell you what my avatar is, but I can tell you what it isn't:

- A character from Evangelion
- A small glass jar of fresh-scented nickels
- Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory on blu-ray
- My feet
- Haruki Murakami

Really, it's not a lot of things. Especially Haruki Murakami.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:19 am

I've always wanted to ask, what was the old one? And I feel like I might have asked this before. You know the one. With the guy with the taco neck syndrome.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:21 am

Chee, if you change your avi now, your post in the departures thread won't make any sense. :tongue:

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:49 am

I could always patch the image into the post itself.

Not tonight. I'm about to go to bed.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:00 am

View Original PostSorrow wrote:

This is absolutely splendid but it really bugs me that it's not got the proper 125x125 dimensions.

-o-;

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:24 am

-"*sigh* a bath is just the thing i need to clear my head...
wait....
i dont own a bath tub!"-Shantae

-"L-l-l-l-l-look at you, hacker. A pa-pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone. (panting and) Panting and sweating as you r-r-run through my corridors. (How, how) How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"-SHODAN (Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network)

-"My heart is pounding"-Every Yuri ever

+""You don't know anything about the kingdom for which you were a princess. I should think that a lot more embarrassing than wearing poor clothes." - Rakkshun

+It's alright if I'm betrayed. The person who betrays is a coward! I won't die! I won't become a coward! Don't trust anyone because they lie? If the person isn't nice, then I can't be nice to that person? THAT'S NOT RIGHT!
If I trust someone and then he betrayed me, then we have nothing to do with each other. That's right I'm alone! That's why, everything about me, WILL BE DECIDED BY ME!
Even if no one is nice to me, and I keep getting betrayed, I WON'T BE SOMEONE WHO WON'T TRUST ANYONE AND BE A COWARD! This world and those people have nothing to do with it! I'M GOING TO BE NICE BECAUSE I WANT TO! I'M GOING TO BELIEVE BECAUSE I WANT TO BELIEVE! -Youko Nakajima/Queen Kei

Twelve kingdoms is such a good damn series, i was so sad when it ended.

Especially when youko goes from this:
to this:
and i loved every step of her development
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:59 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:This is absolutely splendid but it really bugs me that it's not got the proper 125x125 dimensions.
It bugged me too, but I hoped no one would notice. But thanks to you I had fix it, and I have.

I like it a little less in a way, but I'm pleased I finally got it 125x125...
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:31 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:This is the punishment for all of your sins.

I could use one of those, that way I could stop punching my girlfriend and start punching that.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:32 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I've always wanted to ask, what was the old one? And I feel like I might have asked this before. You know the one. With the guy with the taco neck syndrome.

That one beatnik who lives in the junkyard from The Iron Giant.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:40 am

Settled on this image
i posted earlier, gonna be going back to dancing shantae in the new year but for now i decided one of my all time favourite characters deserves the spotlight a little, such a shame that not many people i know ever watched the twelve kingdoms, its one of those shows that i can clearly say i love just about everything in it.

That and fanart just does not do youko justice, i don't know why but her more mature face from later on in the series is just so pretty and fanart just failed to capture it.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:18 am

View Original Postchee wrote:That one beatnik who lives in the junkyard from The Iron Giant.

Ah! I knew I'd seen him somewhere before! Thanks.
System Administrator

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:22 am

View Original PostSorrow wrote:On topic would be wondering if Delispin will tell me whether I was right or not.

Image search wins again:
http://www.source-of-steel.com/2010/02/vio-lence-eternal-nightmare.html
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:32 am

-""You don't know anything about the kingdom for which you were a princess. I should think that a lot more embarrassing than wearing poor clothes." - Rakushun

+Rant on why you should watch Twelve kindoms

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:34 am

Much appreciated.

I was right in all that I said then, so I think I still deserve a thumbs up. A finger, at least.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:43 pm

I think that as we get closer to Christmas, I may change my avatar to this.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:13 pm

So I've left the battlefields of the future and settled into...umm, places taking shape. Also, sig has been updated to reflect my current lack of acceptable creativity in putting something stupid in front of the age-old message to shippers (which hasn't been really inflammatory in...damn, I don't even really know for sure).

Also, I was unaware of the 3.0 time skip when I used that location - I hadn't watched NTE yet.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:05 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:
-"*sigh* a bath is just the thing i need to clear my head...
wait....
i dont own a bath tub!"-Shantae

-"L-l-l-l-l-look at you, hacker. A pa-pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone. (panting and) Panting and sweating as you r-r-run through my corridors. (How, how) How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"-SHODAN (Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network)

-"My heart is pounding"-Every Yuri ever

+""You don't know anything about the kingdom for which you were a princess. I should think that a lot more embarrassing than wearing poor clothes." - Rakkshun

+It's alright if I'm betrayed. The person who betrays is a coward! I won't die! I won't become a coward! Don't trust anyone because they lie? If the person isn't nice, then I can't be nice to that person? THAT'S NOT RIGHT!
If I trust someone and then he betrayed me, then we have nothing to do with each other. That's right I'm alone! That's why, everything about me, WILL BE DECIDED BY ME!
Even if no one is nice to me, and I keep getting betrayed, I WON'T BE SOMEONE WHO WON'T TRUST ANYONE AND BE A COWARD! This world and those people have nothing to do with it! I'M GOING TO BE NICE BECAUSE I WANT TO! I'M GOING TO BELIEVE BECAUSE I WANT TO BELIEVE! -Youko Nakajima/Queen Kei

Twelve kingdoms is such a good damn series, i was so sad when it ended.

Especially when youko goes from this:
to this:
and i loved every step of her development

I'm thinking about watching this now just to learn the explanation behind the obvious incongruity between those images.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”