Tell Me Your Dreams!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Hue. I've gotten something similar to that email twice-- one in an official PM and one in a one-on-one Skype chat with a mod. Don't worry, Mechashiva; if you ever get a warning, it doesn't necessarily mean that the mods hate you. They're probably just trying to make the forums a better place.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:51 pm

While I don't think this dream was about Eva per say
It did have some characters from it.

Images of Asuka crying
A warming white light engulfing me
Kaworu smiling

I been pretty depressed the last couple of days. I assume my dream is trying to tell me something.
Any one want to help me interpret it?

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby mechashiva » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:20 pm

@TehDonutKing and Nuclear Lunchbox

I know it would never happen but I always am afraid I'm actually super annoying. Then again, I did see "The Babadook" before bed so...idk. :rolleyes:
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:42 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:While I don't think this dream was about Eva per say
It did have some characters from it.

Images of Asuka crying
A warming white light engulfing me
Kaworu smiling

I been pretty depressed the last couple of days. I assume my dream is trying to tell me something.
Any one want to help me interpret it?

If Kaworu was smiling in it then it's probably either telling you to cheer up or some sort of precursor to the end of the world. Or both.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:14 am

Last night, I dreamt I was in jail. I was locked in a room with another person and inside the room were two beds on opposite sites and like a dresser. Periodically, some guy would check up on us (I guess he was the guard or something) and then eventually I hid in the dresser when he entered (was a large dresser) and somehow it let me get out of the room when he opened the door. So I was now out of the room I was in and was in like a weird grocery store/restaurant thing. Like there were shelves of products people were walking through and buying, but another part of the place was full of people sitting at tables at eating and ordering food. Then I basically made my way through the store/restaurant while avoiding guards or whatever until I finally found the exit of the store.

Still don't know why dream me was in jail or whatever.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:50 am

I was murdered by a serial killer. Rang the doorbell to my house, out bursts a man wielding a big kitchen knife who then stabs me right through the stomach. After the initial gutting, he started to push the knife in deeper and, I think, start to slice down my stomach, as if to open it up. In real life I actually moved my hand forward, in an attempt to push him away, and woke up. The weird thing was that before ringing the doorbell, I noticed there were a lot of Ginger Ale bottles smelling of perfume/cologne outside in the hallway (it was in an old apartment, on the sixth floor). And I remembered that my neighbor, who was the killer, had told me the reason why, but I can't remember exactly what he said. What he told me was probably a lie. The bottles were probably somehow related to his murders. But, yeah, the dream stabbing was so vivid that I actually woke up trying to push the killer away.

This is probably caused by my recent viewing of the Hannibal TV series. I'm on season 2 now.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:59 am

I have stopped having dreams altogether.
I would actually rather have a white void over going to sleep then waking up. :rei_meh:
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby mechashiva » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:02 pm

So I had this dream my Mom was somehow friends with Hannibal Lector (the one played by Mads Mikkelson) and we were grocery shopping together and something happened that made him kill somebody right in the organic snacks section. I got separated from my Mom as they put the store on lock down and shut off all the lights and me and Hannibal escaped into a minivan. Bear in mind, I (for some reason) don't know Hannibal killed this guy. I was just like "Why are you covered in blood, Dr. Lector?" :uhh:

Anyway, we go on the run and end up at this movie theater. Apparently it was during Halloween because there were some nerdy guys (no offense) dressed up in costume. I saw one guy dressed up like Buckaroo Banzai and I pointed it out to him, and he was like "Wow, you're only the second person who noticed who I was dressed as."

that's about it -o-;
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Makes my dreams seem positively prosaic.

I was fabricating these sheets of special glass, when I realised it was too thick, so I separated it into three layers with this tool. Then, going to put it in the window, I saw somebody had started to remove the frame (chunks were missing from the frame and the windowsill). So I painted some nanostuff on to fix it.

Then I was somewhere else, watching the nanostuff flatten out badly hung wallpaper on an end wall of a hall, before moving on to add rich colours to the otherwise dull tiling around much of the rest of the place, and trying not be be obvious as that guy who spilled the stuff.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:29 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I have stopped having dreams altogether.
I would actually rather have a white void over going to sleep then waking up. :rei_meh:

Wanna trade? I'll give you my serial killer dreams and take your dreamless nights. It's actually been a while since I last recalled a dream (before this one). Just wish it had been something more pleasant. Or, rather, I wish I could remember the good dreams over the bad ones, when I can remember them at all.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:35 pm

View Original PostStarShaper7 wrote:Wanna trade? I'll give you my serial killer dreams and take your dreamless nights. It's actually been a while since I last recalled a dream (before this one). Just wish it had been something more pleasant. Or, rather, I wish I could remember the good dreams over the bad ones, when I can remember them at all.
Sure, i like dreams no matter how bad they get.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Last night a voice spoke to me in my dreams and commanded me to learn the art of a thousand miles in a single step.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:22 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Last night a voice spoke to me in my dreams and commanded me to learn the art of a thousand miles in a single step.

Flash step?

Truly your imaginings have been blessed by the gods of fantasy.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:49 am

Last night I dreamed an order of aesthetic monks, who combat evil by being fabulous.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:46 am

You ever have one of those dreams where you go through six or seven different scenarios? And you become a different person in each one? I vividly remember this one it was entirely in the first person, I usually don't remember my dreams but this one I did.

First I was myself in a horror movie being attacked by vampires in a grocery store they looked like people I knew, then I was a member of enslaved fish people living underwater we we're excavating an old temple for our evil overlords I had a squid for a face, then I was a black man leading a military fighting an occupying military led by those same people it was, then I was an Asian girl on the street buying tickets to go see Aladdin on Broadway, in 2096. Watching a video of What I had just dreamt before on my tablet. I was wearing a white fleece coat.

I'm not yanking your chain guys, I actually dreamt this! Care to interpret? Cause I'm lost.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:48 pm

I'm telling ya, if you want some crazy vivid dreams, take melatonin supplements. :thumbsup:

Couple nights ago I was on a tour through the middle of the US Midwest and my final stops were Costa Rica for a day followed by Jamaica the day after. :cringe:

The last activity at the hotel I was at was going on a tram ride through some tropical forest. The first half of my tour group went and after they returned people were injured and a couple were dead. I find out from a grieving Armin (yeah, SnK) that 5 guys went mad, whipped out their dicks, and raped Sankia (this girl he liked whose hair color and style were just like Sasha's). She was slumped over barely alive in her seat and I'm thinking how could this happen to women in the Training Corps.

From here the dream branched off to the explanation that Armin and a group of soldiers were captured by enemy humans and held in a jungle camp. He was able to kill the commandant with a knife at night in the latter's office and the Training Corps was able to escape. They subsequently began a guerilla campaign against the enemy and at one point were fleeing down a road using the 3DMG. When they got to a certain point the group dispersed individually Naruto style except Armin and Sankia. Sankia gets wobbly and collapses to the ground as a distressed Armin realizes she has just died. At this point the animation style switched to that of My Neighbors the Yamadas. :rolleyes:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:02 pm

I got shot in the belly by a sniper in my dream last night. I didn't feel any pain, The hole wasn't even that big, but there was so much red coming out.

Then I woke up.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:07 am

I had a dream that I thought was pretty cool at the time. It was the most "complete" dream I've had in a long time -- complete with an actual story and an invented character, and funny situations. In short, it was an episode of Justice League Unlimited, freshly back on the air, with a new character I "recognized" within the dream and then was surprised to learn upon my awakening was entirely a creation of my own head -- along with the entire, surprisingly complete plot of the episode.

Deets  SPOILER: Show

This is as much a record for myself in case I want to clean it up later into something that's more like an actual thing.

The episode starts with the introduction of a new character -- two, actually, but one of them disappeared from the narrative almost immediately because of the limited attention span of my sleeping brain. (We're all familiar with that happening, right?) Flash is walking along in what I'm deducing after the fact was a (really tall) room on board the Justice League space station, when he gets this feeling, mutters some prophetic words about what's to come (something implying the beginning of a new big thing) and looks up. Someone materializes out of the air and falls to the floor, nearly on top of him; then, a robot materializes on the floor near them, also in a position as if having just fallen out of the air.

When I saw this robot, my reaction was akin to "Oh, so now they're introducing this well-known character". Except I have never seen this robot before, and the recognition was a false one -- ever get those in dreams? It had a design that's mercifully easy to describe (rare for my dreams): a head like a security camera, attached to a human upper torso, to which were attached two thin arms with elbow joints and ending in three prongs representing fingers, and, for legs, three thin Doctor Octopus-style mechanical tentacles, which walked with an interesting gait.

As Flash and this robot hurried along somewhere planetside to a high school or university for some purpose that would later become evident, and conversed, the robot spoke (at first) only in robot noises. Then when it turned its head and actually spoke in English to him, complete with closeup to emphasize the surprise, I cringed and thought to myself (composing in my head how I would describe it on EvaGeeks, because I do that a lot, even in my dreams) "Why did they have to make it talk?", and imagined how much cooler it would have been if they'd simply had the robot communicate with gestures and robot noises R2-D2 style, but then I realized how impractical that would have been given that there'd be no explanation as to why anyone could understand it so it would either have to play charades constantly or they would have had to have written in an interpreter character. One way or another it would have been extra baggage on the story so I forgave it.

Flash and the robot bust in through the doors of a dark classroom filled with students (teenaged-looking) all waiting for their teacher/professor. For some reason nobody recognizes or thinks anything strange of Flash, but they all notice the robot. The robot starts walking toward the head of the room, taking command of the situation by pretending to be a substitute teacher. As the robot reaches the teacher's desk, an exchange like this occurs:

"The robot's going to teach us? Is it even any good?"

"I am," the robot says, putting its elbows on the desk and perching its "chin" on its "hands" in a very human-like way. "-- for a robot."

The kids all just stare blankly, blinking.

Robot, very robotically: "Ha -- ha -- ha."

Written down like that I think it loses the impact it had on me at the time, but it made my dream-self laugh and changed my opinion to a more positive one in a heartbeat. This robot that had previously displayed no such human tendencies had not only just posed a very human pose but had just told a joke! It was the last thing I'd been expecting out of it, even after that opening one-liner that I couldn't remember because I was too busy cringing at the mere decision of having it talk. But even more hilariously, it was a joke that only it understood. I felt it gave the robot a unique personality, both "human" and robotic, in having the capacity to understand humor at all but also completely missing how normal humans do that whole joke thing with context and shit. The parallels to an autistic person telling jokes only he understands were not lost on me.

The robot continues teaching the class for a while, leading the children to an adjacent room where a holographic projector used for teaching astronomy awaits. (The actual subject being taught is biology.) As it teaches from the podium-like projector (based on my childhood memories of projectors used in school), it fakes its way through the lecture by using some sensor or other mechanism to read a student's open textbook in the dark. Unfortunately, this includes some words scribbled by that student in the margin, which the robot cannot distinguish from the regular text and thus it reads aloud an insult directed at another student which it thinks is part of the student's actual name, causing Flash (heretofore silent observer of the proceedings) to freak out in silence in the background comically, desperately trying to signal to the robot that something is amiss.

Soon the reason for them to break into this classroom and for the robot to assume the role of teacher becomes clear, as it starts using the projector system, hooked up to some telescope or other sensor array built into the school, as a galactic explorer, seeking out a giant space station or similar false heavenly body in the shape of a giant statue of a person somewhere out deep in space. Its analyses are presented in the form of a lecture (a student grumbles "Do we really have to learn astronomy too?", being that it has nothing to do with the actual subject the robot is supposed to be teaching), and by this time other members of the Justice League have discreetly shown up in the classroom to observe the investigation.

After the Justice League and the robot have learned what they were looking for, the robot turns off the projector and someone turns on the lights, blinding the kids.

Batman asks a question (which I forgot) of one of the students while the kid's still blinded and disoriented. Impatiently waiting for the kid to answer, figuring he won't until he can get his eyes open, he grumbles "When you see it..." And then the kid gets his eyes opens, sees it's Batman, and is star-struck. Incidentally, the child looked like he could totally be a teen-aged (John Stewart) Green Lantern, but I interpreted that as coincidence.

I woke up thinking it was an awesome episode with an interesting and promising new character, and it actually took a surprisingly long time for me to accept it had truly all occurred in my head and was not something I'd ever actually experienced. :lol:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:35 pm

I had a dream that i was eating something breaded, but it had little hairs sticking out of the end, like armpit hairs. I asked the chef what it was, and he replied "fried armpit" at which point i vomited uncontrollably. I've had very little appetite all day.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:12 pm

You're going to die.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”