FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Fair enough.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:13 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:I disagree with you on that, but to each his own I guess.

I'm with you on that one, Dataprime-- but for most people, we're able to get help to find something worth living for.

@Rosena: That sounds like a nasty situation. Is there any external help you plan on seeking?

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:39 pm

I've been working on the current limiter for my power supply. I CAN'T GET THE DAMN THING TO STOP OSCILLATING. I may just go with a latching current limiter (where it shuts off power until it is reset) instead of a non-latching limiter (where it lowers output voltage so current is within a threshold).

What's more, is I've got a nasty burn on my finger and thumb. Because I'm so smart, I didn't remember that BJTs, you know, can get really hot.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:46 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:@Rosena: That sounds like a nasty situation. Is there any external help you plan on seeking?

Besides getting a job and moving out? not really.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

Postby Dataprime » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:53 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:but for most people, we're able to get help to find
something worth living for.

That's a nice thing to have.
Sadly not everyone has one.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:52 am

Who comforts the comforter?
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:15 am

Other comforters. It's like a circle of girls brushing one another's hair.

OT: I had a mock trial competition today and I had to request a recess in the middle of it because of how fucking badly I needed to piss. It was sort of mortifying-- recesses generally aren't called. -o-;

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:19 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:I've been working on the current limiter for my power supply.

Careful with that shit man. My brother is a computer hardware designer and he just blew up his damn computer the other day (litterally... multiple capacitors went off like gunshots in rapid succession) by trying to push a little too much performance out of it.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm so upset right now. I'm even more upset than when I saw 3.0 all the way through. Why?

Because I just found out that my favorite restaurant/Deli. A Family Owned Business that has been there since before the Great Depression, is closing down for good.

Where am I gonna get my Fountain Sodas? Where am I gonna get those ridiculously overpriced but totally worth it Sandwiches? Where am I gonna get meat so fresh I'd swear the cow was killed that day? Who's gonna cheer me up with a smile and an extra container of three bean salad when I'm having a crummy day?

I know its really stupid to get upset over something as trivial and transient as food but still . . .

This Restaurant/Deli was a big part of my identity growing up, some of my best memories involve this restaurant. It's as much a part of my identity as it is the Neighborhoods. It's practically a historical monument its been a part of my neighborhood for so long.

I don't think I'm ever going to get over them closing down. :sniffle:
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:39 pm

So, apparently my RML is also an FML; as it were, I'm the backstabber here - all of the things I've been complaining about only started when I threw accusations of it occurring, so it's basically my fault. I never truly understood that I was paying a kindness done to me forward by opening up my home to my friends - that is, the kindness my landlord paid me by constantly begging his grandfather to let me stay in the house when I was acting like a buffoon, and for dirt cheap, no less.

I am ashamed of myself for this - I'm the fucking bad guy here and I come on these forums to badmouth my friends because of perceived slights that, in reality, have nothing to do with me - it's just the conclusions I jump to, the assumptions I make, all wrong, that do me in in these situations.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
"Try kicking me." "I'm wearing fucking Crocs, why the fuck would I kick you?!?" - John Clayton Wilson-Freeman, the Debugman
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Your pain ain't unique to you, Ray. I know the feeling when that one awesome restaurant shuts down. Just eat there as much as you can before it goes, is what I'd say.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:11 pm

We've all been there, Ray: whether you witness it happening, or turn the corner one day to realize that special place you always went to is gone. That majorly sucks, but don't worry: it's just part of life, and there will always be some place where you'll be able to go when your soul needs a recharge.
Last edited by Gob Hobblin on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:12 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:I will always be some place where you'll be able to go when your soul needs a recharge.

...what services are you offering him, Gob? :bigeyes:

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Voice text, you have betrayed me yet again!!!

...editing.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 pm

New internet provider is AT&T

Fuck You data caps!! :tantrum: :fistshake: :explode:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:52 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:New internet provider is AT&T

It's like when bandwidth just got big they want to smash it back to '98.

caragnafog dog
Lilin
Lilin

Postby caragnafog dog » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:28 am

I returned home tonight to news of my dog's (my best friend for the last 13 years) death. I knew this was coming but I am not taking it well. He was comfortable and happy in his old age, thankfully.

Rest easy, Biscuit. You were deserving of all the love we had to give and more.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:43 am

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:I returned home tonight to news of my dog's (my best friend for the last 13 years) death. I knew this was coming but I am not taking it well. He was comfortable and happy in his old age, thankfully.

Rest easy, Biscuit. You were deserving of all the love we had to give and more.

:(

I'm sorry to hear that.
ran1: Oh gosh this sentence gave me an internet boner. You're so tsundere.
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
And don't forget to wear the Ran mask.
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:58 am

That sucks man. Dogs are the best.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Banned

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:20 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:New internet provider is AT&T

Yeah, I gotta get me a new provider, this is stupid.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”