Recent Hauls 3: The quest for more stuff

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:25 am

Last volume of FMA manga 3-in-1 published here today, and is on my desk.

Amazon did an amazing thing (for them). Well, two amazing things: (1) they combined no less than four different orders for different kinds of things (book, CDs, tablet charger, flashing lights for dog collars), including one pre-ordered, into one box, and (2) they managed to deliver it first time without claiming that the building can't be found or there's no one there.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:45 pm

So what is everyone looking to buy on Black Friday?

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:57 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:So what is everyone looking to buy on Black Friday?

Why would i leave my house on Black Friday i don't want to get shot, stabbed, or trampled.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:00 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote: i don't want to get shot, stabbed, or trampled.

All valid points :lol:

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:09 pm

A question us furriners don't need to bother our heads with...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:37 pm

My mother wanted to acquire some normally expensive medical apparatus in black friday, but no idea if she'll actually buy it or if she'll be able to do so in the first place. The only thing i want to buy as of late is Hayao Miyazaki's "Starting point" and maybe a graphic tablet, but i don't think neither of those things would be particularly auspicious to purchase in black friday.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:22 pm

These days with Black Friday, it's not like you even have to leave the house: "Cyber Monday" is essentially all weekend long--and you can pretty much always find good deals on the Internet any time of year, provided you know where to look.

As for me with any new stuff...I got some headphones as an early Christmas present--finally a great pair after searching for the perfect ones for me (in terms of sound and budget). Audio Technicas. :)

Waiting on some goodies from Japan--Ogata's Aitai CD (self Xmas gift), as well as some Sailormoon stuff as thanks for some RPG beta-testing I did. Pics whenever they get here!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:23 am

In addition to my copy of Skyrim's Legendary Edition for PC coming on Monday, I ended up buying a lot of stuff from Steam's sale: Payday 2, Europa Universalis 4, The Banner Saga, Gone Home, Stanley Parable, Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine and the entire Blackwell series. I bought all of these games for the new machine that I am going to build once I have all the parts. Hopefully I can start building the machine next Friday and get to play these titles and many others that have been waiting for months on my Steam and GOG accounts next weekend.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:59 pm

[URL=http://imgur.com/ANaDlJX]Image[/URL]
SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://imgur.com/02dF8Be]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://imgur.com/zgbJdNP]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://imgur.com/JQpQnTP]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://imgur.com/IiQMumu]Image[/URL]
guqin GOAT

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:42 pm

That's gorgeous. Just be sure you don't turn into a Confucian shill as you learn to play please.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:02 pm

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla 2014

:heart:

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 pm

My recent video haul -- sorry the image is sorta really blurry, I can't take a decent photo if my life depended on it.

Bought the animus myself. My mother bought me the True Detective bluray for my beeday because she wanted to buy me something physical besides new socks. Going to rewatch the series when I get a free hour here or there so that I can appreciate the series without having to wonder about how it's going to end.

I got Wolf Children because I really dug Hosoda's Summer Wars(and the Digimon film when I saw it during my friend's eleventh beeday party in 2000 :| ). Wolf Children's music was the most I've been in love with a film's soundtrack since my first viewing of Drive a couple years ago, the visuals were beautiful throughout, and the wolf children were generally very cute. Reminded me a lot of Totoro, too. Sadamoto's character design was rad as usual.

I picked up Princess Nine because I needed an animuu series to watch, and because I already miss the baseball season. Basically the jist of the series is that this fifteen year old girl is the greatest pitcher ever, but has to deal with young love and rumors about her dead father(who was also a wonderful pitcher, of course). Anyway, her high school forms a baseball team composed of the greatest female baseball players in all of Japan, each with their own personalities/skills(again, of course) who are expected by the school's chairman to become the best high school baseball team in the country. Although it was a typical drama and all that, I enjoyed it immensely, but if you don't like baseball or girls who play baseball, I don't know how much you'd like it. ^_^

The first thing I did when I got The Wind Rises bluray was watch Joseph Gordon Leavitt talk about how much fun he had voicing Jiro!! Nah, J/K. I hadn't seen the movie since I saw it in theatres wayyyy back in February, so it was nice to get the film re-etched in my mind. The moment Jiro and Nahoko see the exact spot in the path where the rain stops was just as wonderful to watch the second time around.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:03 am

Never mind bought something else
Last edited by Dataprime on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Suicidahlia

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:02 pm

So, as an artist, Is this worth it? I've heard veyr good things about Manga Studio EX 5 but that price is craaaazy....
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Made a few more orders:
- Nick Drake's Five Leaves Left and Bryter Layer (I already had Pink Moon so I decided to complete my collection of Drake's studio albums)
- Jackson C Frank's Blues Run the Game compilation
- The entire Hyperion series in English (I already own and have read the first book in Finnish, but the other parts have run out of print a long time ago)
- Dreamfall: The Longest Journey from GOG (the first game was bloody awesome so I decided I should get this in addition to all the other games I have bought recently)
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Probably not the place to ask this, but have you read the Endymion half of the Hyperion series already? I've read the first half and I've heard there's a steep drop-off in quality in the second pair.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:37 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:I've read the first half and I've heard there's a steep drop-off in quality in the second pair.
That, there is.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:47 am

I have only read the first book, but I decided to get all of them to avoid another cliffhanger.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:19 am

Decent book haul today:

The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman (also came with a free bag, which was nice)
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Dark Souls: Design Works

E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:43 am

Opened what I got in a Secret Santa gift exchange a while ago. Got some neat stuff, but THIS is the only thing that matters here:
DER FRIGGIN' MOND BITCHES.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”