That's a nice picture of Yoko as well. :drool:

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Any picture of Yoko is a nice one. :P

Also just finished Infinite Stratos might have to redo my list now.
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

GT-One
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GT-One » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:13 pm

View Original PostGT-One wrote:

Well, let's give it a try. After all, it was me, who brought this all up.

Actually, I had quite a hard time to come up with eight different characters. Sure, I did watch only a low one-digit number of anime series in the past 20 years, but at least one of them presented a rather large line-up of female characters: Sailor Moon.

And of course, with this particular anime paving the way for the whole medium in many parts of the world, it was also the first I was introduced to. Yet, it wasn't the heroic main character that got the most attention from me (still, I like them all very much in this way or another), but her fiery friend, ultimately attacking her enemies with bow and arrow - made of fire. Not to mention, she's wearing red (which is my favorite color after all) and sports dark hair. Sailor Mars might have her arguments with Moon from time to time, but out of all the Sailor Guardians, she does in fact care very much about her. Also, I can totally see her leading my team of eight together with Asuka.

Which brings me to the next character: my most favorite German-Japanese girl ever. Asuka Langley Soryu. Or is it Shikinami Langley? Either way, her character is fine with me. Though, I'm not sure, if I could have put up with her at the same age back then. Now, really, you don't have a heart of any sorts, if you don't like Asuka. Yes, she's highly self-opinionated. Yes, she's throwing herself onto a guy who could almost be her father. Yes, she literally kicks around Shinji and also gives Rei the could shoulder for no good reason. But, damn, she's only 14 years old. If anyone of us did only things that made sense at that age, then he/she's invited to throw the first stone at Asuka - but make sure to run for cover, because she might throw it back.

Minako Aino or Sailor Venus, well either way, she's too good for this world. Someone else probably had the same thought and therefore chose her to be the soldier of love and beauty. A great friend to have and sometimes just as clumsy as Usagi, yet a true leader, when demanded by the situation.

Talking about being clumsy, here comes everyone's favorite blue-haired clone. Poor girl, actually, also adding the fact that she's obviously fully aware of her condition. I know, her incarnations in several spin-offs don't attract that many fans, but I like Rei being more open towards the people surrounding her, and maybe also going head to head with Asuka. Wait, didn't she already do that in the beginning of the alternate universe?

Sailor Pluto, the first guardian to be introduced after the 'Fabolous Five'. Also the most mysterious guardian out of them all, at least until Sailor Saturn comes around. No matter what happens to her, she always comes back, even if she breaks all the taboos of guarding the space-time door.

Hikari Horaki, probably the cutest class representative of the '90s. Though, I'm down with Asuka, also not quite understanding what Hikari's seeing in Toji. (They're fine, actually. Better Toji than Kensuke.) Would have been interesting to see her pilot an Evangelion, but unfortunately there are only so many angels and Third Impact also seems to have a fixed date. Not to mention, Evangelions don't need human resources later on.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have another time traveller in here: Kagome Higurashi. Finally someone who's showing the dog that there are limits. Forget about the priestess Kikyo, Kagome's the girl from the new century to go for, and thankfully, even the stubborn Inuyasha realizes that soon enough.

Last, but certainly not least. The girlfriend of steel. The iron maiden. Everybody's darling: Mana Kirishima. If you manage that even Rei AND Asuka are annoyed every time you appear on the scene, there must be something special about you. But I like how she's challenging Asuka, I guess that's what she needs in any continuity, where Mari is not around.
"Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgement. Like a mental illness." - Haruhi Suzumiya
"Is that supposed to be funny?" - Kyon

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Holy Wall of Text, Batman

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:59 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Might as well throw my hat into the ring here.

My lowest score yet - I've only heard of one of those (Yoko, of course)! Might I venture to suppose that you favour chesty figures?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:19 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote: Might I venture to suppose that you favour chesty figures?

Indeed. ^_^

In case you were wondering, Rio and Rina are from Rio: Rainbow gate, Oerba Yun Fang is from Final Fantasy XIII, Cryska and Stella are from Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, and Aeris and Tifa are from Final Fantasy VII.

@Nuclear Lunchbox That Yoko picture was cropped and resized from a much larger one I found here:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 40-900.jpg
[Redacted]

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:49 pm

I plan on expanding my harem in the future. As I continue my conquest of the animeverse I will acquire the most valuable resource: waifus. One day, they'll all be mine.
YOUR WAIFUS WILL BEAR MY SONS

SPOILER: Show
ImageTop row, L to R: Asuka, Nancy (or Agent Deep), Hamyuts Meseta, Juri Arisugawa
Middle row, L to R: Sakiyama Kaori, Nanami Kiryuu, Baron Ashura, Utena Tenjou
Bottom row, L to R: Misato, Hitagi Senjougahara, Faye Valentine, teh Rei

Also, pretty much any human female from Golden Boy.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:46 pm

^At last someone else has bought in to the concubine idea.

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Aeris and Tifa are from Final Fantasy VII.

Always thought the point of VII was that you couldn't end up with both. Sorry Cloud.

Personally I swing towards Tifa but she's not in my harem, which is to be updated.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:16 am

I'm surprised that nobody's included Nonon Jakazure yet. She seems like she'd be easy enough for somebody to turn into waifu material.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:49 am

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Always thought the point of VII was that you couldn't end up with both. Sorry Cloud.

Play Crisis Core (PSP) or watch a Longplay if you haven't. You'll thank me later (then watch Advent Children Complete).

Neither has no reason to do with why I'm partial to Cloud/Tifa and Zack/Aerith, nope... :nyao:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:09 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Play Crisis Core (PSP) or watch a Longplay if you haven't. You'll thank me later (then watch Advent Children Complete).

Neither has no reason to do with why I'm partial to Cloud/Tifa and Zack/Aerith, nope... :nyao:

People still want cloud/aerith? that pairing died BEFORE crisis core when cloud and tifa had sex on the airship (look it up, it happened)
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:52 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'm surprised that nobody's included Nonon Jakazure yet. She seems like she'd be easy enough for somebody to turn into waifu material.
Mikasa was the last to be put on my list. It was close between yoko from gurren lagann and either mako,nonon or ryuko from kill la kill but I decided to finish both of the series before I would add any of them
Finished Kill La Kill she'll be on the updated harem. :wink:
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

GT-One
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GT-One » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:28 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Holy Wall of Text, Batman

You're welcome. ^_^
"Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgement. Like a mental illness." - Haruhi Suzumiya
"Is that supposed to be funny?" - Kyon

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:52 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:People still want cloud/aerith? that pairing died BEFORE crisis core when cloud and tifa had sex on the airship (look it up, it happened)

Or, you know, when Aerith was brutally murdered. That kinda put the kibosh on that pairing.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Or, you know, when Aerith was brutally murdered. That kinda put the kibosh on that pairing.

Death doesn't stop ships, only one of the parties getting with someone else, you should know this already.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: Your anime harem!

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Updated this on the first post a few months back. Forgot to do an update here.

Click pic for bigger:

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:2014 update, GO!

All favorite characters from MAL, incidentally enough: http://myanimelist.net/profile/SailorStarDust I can't help but prefer Misato to Shinji, these days. I like my strong female characters!

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:58 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Or, you know, when Aerith was brutally murdered. That kinda put the kibosh on that pairing.

Level four revival materia, Squigs. Level four revival materia. I kid, of course. I'm heartily against the concept.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:42 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'm surprised that nobody's included Nonon Jakazure yet. She seems like she'd be easy enough for somebody to turn into waifu material.

Errrr...
View Original PostLavinius wrote:
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:49 pm

^
That's a small harem there but to each their own.

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:People still want cloud/aerith? that pairing died BEFORE crisis core when cloud and tifa had sex on the airship (look it up, it happened)

Found this:

Kitase: Katou also did the event on the airship, the night before the final battle.

Nojima: Oh, the scene with the risqué line of dialogue? It was Katou who wrote that as well, not me.

- The line “Words aren’t the only way to talk someone how you feel,” right? That was quite a mature conversation for a FF game.

Kitase: But I remember having to get another version that was too intense toned down.

Nojima: The original idea was more extreme. The plan was to have Cloud walk out of the Chocobo stable on board the Highwind, followed by Tifa leaving while checking around, but Kitase turned it down. But even with the line in question, maybe at that time none of us thought it would be something so important (laughs).
source
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:15 pm

^ Thats the one, then again you COULD argue its non canon since if your affinity with tifa is low enough you don't get that scene, but there is no reason it should ever be that low unless you intentionally didn't like tifa, cause she has the highest base value with cloud other than aerith.

Return to “Anime and Manga”