Last Eva Manga Volume Features New Character

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:55 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:
SPOILER: Show
Except that Kaji refers to her as a kid at the start of Ha, just after she's ejected: "Though, I'm not so sure about involving a kid in the affairs of adults", and her parallel comment about adults.

Because there were no secrets that were ever kept from the double agent Kaji at all were there? Mari still looks and acts young, cloning is a possible theory as Rei is kind of a failed (as in not the same person like a clone should be) yui clone so maybe they perfected it and mari and Asuka are both clones (would explain the "nami" in all of their last names)
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:56 pm

I am this >< close to cancelling my pre-order.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:58 pm

@rosenakahara:
That's a possible interpretation for Kaji's line; but Mari's clearly implies that she thinks of herself as a kid, which is surprising if she has a teenage daughter, even considering the curse of Eva (which she has presumably had from the earlier possible time).

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I am this >< close to cancelling my pre-order.

What, because the bonus content was all you ordered it for? You still get the main content, you know!
Last edited by pwhodges on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Maybe Mari is a time traveler? :wink:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:00 pm

That's a possible interpretation for Kaji's line; but Mari's clearly implies that she thinks of herself as a kid, which is surprising if she has a teenage daughter, even considering the curse of Eva (which she has presumably had from the earlier possible time).

Oh believe me i dont actually think mari is Asuka's mother that would be really, really dumb. however it is a possibility so im just putting it out there, seriously though link to these scans please? or at least the imageboards.

^mari being the doctor is now fanart i must see.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:07 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:What, because the bonus content was all you ordered it for?
No, I just want a copy without the bonus content, like what I expected when I placed the order all those months ago. The ending was bad enough; I don't want to give the new stuff any economic validation.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:08 pm

So upon reading that.......does this mean rebuild takes place in an alternate version of the manga continuity?

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Evangelion - confusing people since 1995.

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:14 pm

You forgot the rage data, all of the rage from fans and haters alike.
Though this did confirm that mari looks damn good without her glasses, which is cool stuff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:17 pm

All the other people exist in multiple continuities, why shouldn't Mari be the same without affecting anything else at all?

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:No, I just want a copy without the bonus content, like what I expected when I placed the order all those months ago. The ending was bad enough; I don't want to give the new stuff any economic validation.

That's just silly; think of it as a free extra, and cut it out neatly if it offends you that much.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:19 pm

All the other people exist in multiple continuities, why shouldn't Mari be the same without affecting anything else at all?

i dont have a problem with it, little confused but no problem, however im not 4chan am i? they hate anything and everything new

Also tines.....its free, you are not giving the rebuild films any money, you don't have to like them but this is kinda ridiculous.
Last edited by Rosenakahara on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:20 pm

4chan will be 4chan I guess.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:46 pm

All according to plan. Good work, Sadamoto.

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:^mari being the doctor is now fanart i must see.

Damn. I can't get that out of my head now!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:49 pm

I mean, seriously. :lol:

Mixing the different continuities together? When the manga and Webuild are its own story, just like NGE and the manga are, and NGE and Webuild are? TROLOLOLOL.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

artesox
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby artesox » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:04 pm

Is there confirmation this chapter is on the same continuity as the manga?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Why shouldn't it be?

There's no reason that there can't be a Mari in the manga continuity, that we haven't met. After all, we manage to cope with Shinji et al being in multiple continuities!
But people like a bit of drama, and we'll get it!

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:24 pm

I knew it! She's a Time Lord! Asuka is her Companion, and Unit 08 is her TARDIS!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:28 pm

To wales!- i mean other planets!

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:33 pm

There's no reason that there can't be a Mari in the manga continuity, that we haven't met. After all, we manage to cope with Shinji et al being in multiple continuities!
But people like a bit of drama, and we'll get it!

Mari might be like Rei and exist in every continuity.

- Suicidahlia

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:40 pm

Has anyone ever put forward the idea that Mari might be related to Shinji by way of sibling? I mean weren't Gendo and Yui kinda old when they had Shinji so an older child wouldn't be out of the question?

Also, just for kicks, maybe Mari is the result of Gendo sticking his stick in Kyoko's honey pot? Shinji and Mari have similar features and that woman in photo with the redhair looks very much like Mari.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”